Relegation battle

Archied

11 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’ve got to say I’m a little surprised we haven’t heard anything from Mel of late. He’s not usually this quiet during a season, yeah, he went on TalkSport a while back but what with the Keogh sacking, imminent investment and our current league position I would have expected him to calm troubled waters with some kind of statement of reassurance.

Anybody else thinking along these lines or am I being unreasonable ?

Mabe this

image.jpeg.050f2ac95bb15c6ee03f09fa8bfa3524.jpeg

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’ve got to say I’m a little surprised we haven’t heard anything from Mel of late. He’s not usually this quiet during a season, yeah, he went on TalkSport a while back but what with the Keogh sacking, imminent investment and our current league position I would have expected him to calm troubled waters with some kind of statement of reassurance.

No, I was thinking the same. He is probably seething mixed with embarrassment. Stick or twist time. Knows if he opens his mouth coco is gone!

12 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I do think he is waiting to for someone else to take the strain.  You need a bit of luck to be successful in football and he must be doubting the sense of continuing to bash his head against a wall.  

19 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

He's on Radio Derby right now!

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Let us know if he says anything interesting. Dont have radio access where i am.

Some points he discussed, was only on for a few minutes.

- Seems quite relaxed about the current situation. Knows we've been in bad form but thinks it can take one game to kick start a run. Mentions the many injuries we've had this season as a factor.

- January won't be 'busy busy'. Cocu has a clear idea of what he wants to do but doesn't want to block the pathway to the youngsters - have invested around £24 million in the current crop of youngsters so they must have that pathway.

- Accepts that it is a results based business - "points are points" but stresses that we have to build around the academy.

steve bloomer
8 minutes ago, Sean said:

but doesn't want to block the pathway to the youngsters - have invested around £24 million in the current crop of youngsters so they must have that pathway.

This is a valid point made. With so much invested in the youngsters from the academy, we can't block any pathway for them to progress and get in the first team. I'd like to see Louie Sibley given a chance in the starting XI. And then we've got Morgan Whitaker and Jason Knight, both looking promising. 

Luckily the last couple of games have hopefully showed that we’re not consistently bank enough to be drawn into a relegation battle. We’ve showed we’ve got something about us. Now hopefully let’s get rid of all the bank performances, and consistency start showing more of the positive signs, so we can finally push up to the right end of the table and challenge for promotion. That should always be the target.

Archived