Relegation battle

Archied

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AdamRam said:

Is it ?

We are no closer to being relegated after today's results than we were yesterday, yet no sooner had the final whistle had gone and their are comments like we a reality check....

Of course it is because there is no actual discussion worthwhile having over the comment and it does not add anything to the debate about why were are such a state.  It is depressing to be pleased that Wigan miss a penalty against our local rivals.  

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

It would indeed however after today's results are we any closer to that scrap ?

No I've quoted a few minutes ago that we are a game in hand and 6 points away from the 3rd bottom team after today's game so still some breathing space 

I just wanted to follow the logical conclusion through from your statement that's all.

4 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Of course it is because there is no actual discussion worthwhile having over the comment and it does not add anything to the debate about why were are such a state.  It is depressing to be pleased that Wigan miss a penalty against our local rivals.  

Doesn't matter if Wigan missed a pen, I'd have been happy if they scored but you can't get away from the fact that we are no closer to the bottom 3 that we were yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No I've quoted a few minutes ago that we are a game in hand and 6 points away from the 3rd bottom team after today's game so still some breathing space 

I just wanted to follow the logical conclusion through from your statement that's all.

Was that logical conclusion ok ? 

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

If we win tomorrow then it's 9 points off bottom 3, 9 points off top 6... remarkable really

It is although how many games would it take to get another 9 points?  Off the top of my head, Cocu has never won 2 league games in a row since being appointed, let alone 3

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Was that logical conclusion ok ? 

I'm ambivalent. I can see the point you were making by saying that the perception is that some posters want to see us get into a relegation scrap to have their opinions about Cocu reinforced with the status quo on here.

I was just pondering on the fact that if that did come to pass i.e. we did then get into a relegation scrap ergo will this then automatically prove those posters correct about Cocu which is am assuming he shouldn't be managing the team.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm ambivalent. I can see the point you were making by saying that the perception is that some posters want to see us get into a relegation scrap to have their opinions about Cocu reinforced with the status quo on here.

I was just pondering on the fact that if that did come to pass i.e. we did then get into a relegation scrap ergo will this then automatically prove those posters correct about Cocu which is am assuming he shouldn't be managing the team.

I don't think we will get in a relegation battle, I also don't think that should define if he is good enough to be managing the team. For me he needs time, as I believe he has circumstances beyond his control that has resulted in him having a poor selection of players both individually and collectively to implement his philosophy on the team.

I do think he has made mistakes, and understand the criticism and even the sack calls, I never believed GR would be a success here and made no secret of that and he brought in much better results than PC has.

I never wanted to see him sacked though, I would have happily seen him take us up even with that awful football, which is why I couldn't understand the beehive of activity on this thread when we actually finished the day on a better position without even playing.  

As i see it, the next few games are against teams around us. Rooney's first game will be against an ever improving Barnsley team, so not dropping points against those around us is going to be really important. I just dont know where the three points are going to come from. We need some decent signings and soon or it will be too late.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, I asked Cocu to pick strange teams and play odd formations, cos it's the hope that kills you and I couldn't take any more Top 6 nonsense!

Maybe you can point me to the strange formation and team he picked today...must have missed that ??

Relegation. Well.........It’s not the end of the world is it.

Especially when we are losing ten million square miles of habitat every year, from rain forest to artic icesheets. We pump two trillion tons of waste into the sea. We kill literally hundreds of millions of our fellow mammals each year. We each produce up to 15 tonnes of toxic excrement as we live out our fragile and pathetic existence, clinging to a rock which hurtles through space at 67000 mph; desperately seeking meaning in the vaste and empty nothingness of space. 

Still.....it’s not good either. 

13 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

As i see it, the next few games are against teams around us. Rooney's first game will be against an ever improving Barnsley team, so not dropping points against those around us is going to be really important. I just dont know where the three points are going to come from. We need some decent signings and soon or it will be too late.

Who said Rooney's going to be starting against Barnsley anyway ?

Personally,I think,i'd prefer Mel to hang on a few weeks and see if Cocu can improve the team sufficiently in january with several incoming players Rooney.....if it works we could still squeak into the playoffs.

It's a real gamble for Morris to consider however........if it doesn't work out come the end of january,it may be too late for a change in our management to save us swimming against the current to stay out of the whirlpool which will be dragging us rapidly into league 1.

The question is if Mel has as much confidence in Cocu being able to achieve this as some of the fans on here....

I suspect that tomorrows game may hold the key to his decision.

Interesting times as always,although this one is worrying me more than usual.

42 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I don't think we will get in a relegation battle, I also don't think that should define if he is good enough to be managing the team. For me he needs time, as I believe he has circumstances beyond his control that has resulted in him having a poor selection of players both individually and collectively to implement his philosophy on the team.

I do think he has made mistakes, and understand the criticism and even the sack calls, I never believed GR would be a success here and made no secret of that and he brought in much better results than PC has.

I never wanted to see him sacked though, I would have happily seen him take us up even with that awful football, which is why I couldn't understand the beehive of activity on this thread when we actually finished the day on a better position without even playing.  

Sorry to be pedantic but we did not finish the day in a better position we fell two places ?

Archived