v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not aimed at yourself specifically no.

It is the pantomime season after all so mock outrage could be a very appropriate reaction.

Hyperbole is an interesting one, I understand the dictionary definition of the word but would be interested in what you classify as such on here.

Oh no it isn't 

On 15/12/2019 at 08:21, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think that’s a brilliant description of Lampard as a manager. I’m no believer in ‘luck’, but he cultivated the conditions that resulted in a number of ‘lucky’ things happening across the season. 

I’ll be there too. I got speaking to a Reading fan on the bus in the early hours of Saturday morning and, stupidly, I was talking us up massively. I was (jokingly) calling him a posh boy and all that, so I hope it doesn’t come back to bite me! 

Talking of biting, the pies at Reading are absolutely fantastic. Money is tight at the minute, but I’m definitely going to stretch the budget for either their chicken balti or stake and local ale offerings. 

Reading is my local match but alas fate has conspired against me as am in US at moment and will miss the game. 

Reading used to be a club that decked out the away end to remind us of PP by putting on local beer and grub, plus play rams tv.

Are they going to be playing loud booing on a loop over the pa system this season  - just to make it authentic like at PP ?

Least likely option put forward yet but assuming all are fit I’d give Sibley a shot. Sink or swim he will show some fight which can’t be said for the bulk of them. I’d also push Evans to CB and drop Curtis.

Pelted inbound in 3, 2, 1...                        

Hamer

Bogle     Wisdom      Evans      Lowe

Bielik 

Sibley             Knight

Lawrence

Whitaker            Martin

40 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If we were Reading (also in poor form) I imagine I would be worried about playing the team with the TERRIBLE away record because they are bound to win at some point and the law of sod says it will be against us.

(This is my vain hope that I am clinging to. Although I still put down a defeat in the score prediction thread)

My thoughts entirely, we'll be poo but nick it just because the breaks can't all go against us all the time.

15 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If we were Reading (also in poor form) I imagine I would be worried about playing the team with the TERRIBLE away record because they are bound to win at some point and the law of sod says it will be against us.

I'm a Reading fan. This is exactly how I feel. 

15 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Least likely option put forward yet but assuming all are fit I’d give Sibley a shot. Sink or swim he will show some fight which can’t be said for the bulk of them. I’d also push Evans to CB and drop Curtis.

Pelted inbound in 3, 2, 1...                        

Hamer

Bogle     Wisdom      Evans      Lowe

Bielik 

Sibley             Knight

Lawrence

Whitaker            Martin

I like that.

6 hours ago, theroyal said:

The sad thing is we feel like that regularly and it tends to happen against us almost every time, the thing with you feeling it, you might just be lucky enough to only feel it, but lucky enough for your team not to feel the same way and get you a result you didn't expect.

As for us winning an away game at the moment, I've more chance of getting rid of last week's tickets at home to Millwall and Grandad making a comeback in a new Christmas Special of Only Fools & Horses!

We'd be better off with Del, Rodney & Grandad in our midfileld!

6 hours ago, theroyal said:

I wouldnt worry too much. Every single time we've gone that far south this season we've lost 3-0. Brentford, Charlton, Fulham all did it. If you dont put at least 3 past us you should be looking at getting a new manager.

You should feel lucky this is an away game - we are much better at home. We may have managed to limp our way to a boring 0-0 draw if this was at Pride Park.

Whether it be some attacking football, grass shoots of a formation that works, a point (or 3), a goal or 2..  We just need some positives.  Desperately want us to be on the front foot. 

Hamer

Bogle Evans Davies Lowe

Bielik 

Waghorn Holmes  

Lawrence 

Marriott Martin 

Go with diamond in midfield with Lawrence at the tip. Full backs told to get forward and Waghorn/Holmes to work hard like normal but in midfield rather than the business end of the pitch where they fail miserably with end product. 

I would send them out and say we are 3 down from the first leg.. We need to win by 3 or 4.. And at least give the fans something to sing about. Stick with it until new year when we know things will change anyway..

Draws aren't going to keep us in with a chance of play offs.. Let's just go for it. 

17 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Whether it be some attacking football, grass shoots of a formation that works, a point (or 3), a goal or 2..  We just need some positives.  Desperately want us to be on the front foot. 

Hamer

Bogle Evans Davies Lowe

Bielik 

Waghorn Holmes  

Lawrence 

Marriott Martin 

Go with diamond in midfield with Lawrence at the tip. Full backs told to get forward and Waghorn/Holmes to work hard like normal but in midfield rather than the business end of the pitch where they fail miserably with end product. 

I would send them out and say we are 3 down from the first leg.. We need to win by 3 or 4.. And at least give the fans something to sing about. Stick with it until new year when we know things will change anyway..

Draws aren't going to keep us in with a chance of play offs.. Let's just go for it. 

I’d go with exactly that, the two games he went with that front three Lawrence looked a threat and we actually had support around Martin ... and shock horror it’s gave us a platform to actually look a threat from 

Only thing I’d consider from what Iv put is  knight for waghorn purely in the name of round pegs round holes.

then I’d be torn between starting Marriott or waghorn alongside Martin 

I feel that at this stage of his fitness / sharpness Marriott maybe best served coming on for the last 30 mins when the games a bit more open and defenders have been waghorned for an hour lol 

Just now, Chester40 said:

Hamer

Bogle Evans Davies Lowe

Bielik 

Waghorn Holmes  

Lawrence 

Marriott Martin 

Win by 3 or 4...

it would be massive development if we get that many shots on goal. And I'd gladly take it.

6 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

I'm liking this diamond thing, I think if we could pull  that formation off we'd nick it 0 1. We do need some positives though like the other poster said ?

Yes, might be something in that. I am sure my wife has used the words pull and diamonds in the same sentence before too.

Archived