V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

We’ve been in transition longer than Caitlyn Jenner.

But when you start every season with a new manager, the transition starts again.

For the record I dont know if Cocu will be successful. Whoever the manager was now, I’d want to still be here next season, just so they have a chance at building something. The continuous managerial merry go round is a major reason for the mess we are in.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Cocu is just experimenting this season and not really focused on going up and that Mel knows that.

Of course you cannot announce that, but there's always a bigger picture.

Plus, there's nothing to suggest prior to him coming to Derby that Cocu doesn't want to play real football.

He's not a Rowett or Mowbray. 

Patience grasshoppers.

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

We have a mid table squad and we’re sat in mid table. Our away performances have been dire but our home form has been excellent. Pros and cons. 

It's more the quality of the football I have an issue with. I can cope with bad results. But when the performance is this bad, where is the improvements? How are we exactly supposed to be moving forward? Isn't that why we got our highly rated coach, to get the most out of the players we have? This is basically just rebranded Rowettball. 

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Just progress or small hint of it 

what have u seen that makes u think we’re moving forward ?

cos all I can see is a load of signings he’s brought in that have added nothing 

do u think Mel isn’t sat there thinking do I give this guy another 6 plus million to spend on players that won’t improve us 

There is absolutely no way Cocu brought in the summer signings. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Convinced Hughton would do a better job. McClaren would do better than this. Comfortably. Cocu is being given so much leeway, more than he deserves here. 

I’d say he needs the leeway, probably the worst start to a pre season, midfield decimated, off the field shenanigans of 3 of the squad..... think it’s fair to give some of the players stick for this one..... I think folk are feeling entitled.....

Just now, Andicis said:

It's more the quality of the football I have an issue with. I can cope with bad results. But when the performance is this bad, where is the improvements? How are we exactly supposed to be moving forward? Isn't that why we got our highly rated coach, to get the most out of the players we have? This is basically just rebranded Rowettball. 

I can remember some of the early football under Lampard being equally dire before it picking up when our starlets on loan hit form. Unfortunately Cocu doesn’t have such luxuries. 

It’s very hard to play free flowing football when you have four full backs on the pitch, and some really out of sorts creative players.  

The squad isn’t good enough. We are lacking seriously in multiple areas of the pitch 

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

We have a mid table squad and we’re sat in mid table. Our away performances have been dire but our home form has been excellent. Pros and cons. 

We've had a very easy run of home games.  That form will not last.  You cannot say the same about our away form which looks set for the season.

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

I’d say he needs the leeway, probably the worst start to a pre season, midfield decimated, off the field shenanigans of 3 of the squad..... think it’s fair to give some of the players stick for this one..... I think folk are feeling entitled.....

Feeling entitled to not be put to sleep by our football, maybe. Our club charges quite high ticket prices, and for what? To put on absolute turgid football. The players don't deserve to exempt from stick, no, but our manager keeps tinkering with the formation, the players are probably quite confused at what they're supposed to be doing. 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not a massive surprise to anyone bar cocu.

I dno mate; every time I see Cocu talk about Martin it seems that he really likes him. 

But he was one of our worst performers against Fulham and just as invisible in many of our dead performances. I think he'll see another run of starts now, assuming he doesn't put in another truly abysmal performance. 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't agree. We don't have the best squad, but a better manager could get more out of every player than Cocu is currently getting out of them. It's a kop out to push all the blame on the squad and ignore that they're getting worse with Cocu's coaching, and not better.

I'm very much in the "Cocu In" camp, but I agree with you here.

A good manager can and will transform a team of previously average players. See Chris Wilder, for example.

Bristol City arguably have a worse team than us on paper. Look where they are in the league.

Derby need to get better fast because this is really, really poor and if it was under a different manager I think the reaction would be a lot worse.

Archived