V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

I like Cocu as a man but this is going the same way as Emery for Arsenal. He’s not the man to take us to whatever we are transitioning into, he was known at PSV for his defensive organisation rather than being an attacking manager and we simply don’t have the players for that. I hope Mel wasn’t duped into thinking Cocu is going to eventually make us play beautiful football because Cocu is dutch ,that’s not what is going to happen. We are almost half way through the season and most of us don’t even know our formation or which players are going to play. 

I don’t buy that you need to give manager’s time to see whatever they are trying to do. Nowadays you know within the first few months whether a manager is going to be a success or failure. Look at the effect Bielsa made on Leeds for example or Rodgers on Leicester 

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I would if it had any relevance to my post. 

It has total relevance 

u say going down “just to sort things out for a year or 2”

As if it’s a formality that going down “Sorts it out” 

Sunderland been down for a good couple now ... still sorting

It aint that straight forward 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Feeling entitled to not be put to sleep by our football, maybe. Our club charges quite high ticket prices, and for what? To put on absolute turgid football. The players don't deserve to exempt from stick, no, but our manager keeps tinkering with the formation, the players are probably quite confused at what they're supposed to be doing. 

So if we were in the same position playing amazing football..... you’d be happy with the same results? 

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We've had transition seasons before, what part of it means that we have to be THIS poor. I don't understand why everyone is so fixated on the idea that we have to get worse before we can get better, we're going backwards with no light at the end of the tunnel. Nothing out there today should give anyone hope. Why are we transitioning to? A league one club? 

Well there's the small matter of us having had two current England internationals and an 18 goal harry WIlson in the side. Anyone honestly expecting anything other than a mediocre season despite losing those three, the Lampard fiasco and the subsequent joke of a pre-season, our never-ending injury list and the outright idiocy of some of the players, might have been expecting a tad too much.

And just because we've had 'transitional seasons' before, does not mean that Cocu is not entitled to one or would not need one. That argument makes literally zero sense. If we're playing like this after the next summer window then I'll join the hand-wringing crew myself but right now such notions seem pretty daft IMO.

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Well there's the small matter of us having had two current England internationals and an 18 goal harry WIlson in the side. Anyone honestly anything other than a mediocre season despite losing those three, the Lampard fiasco and the subsequent joke of a pre-season, our never-ending injury list and the outright idiocy of some of the players, might have been expecting a tad too much.

And just because we've had 'transitional seasons' before, does not mean that Cocu is not entitled to one or would not need one. That argument makes literally zero sense. If we're playing like this after the next summer window then I'll join the hand-wringing crew myself but right now such notions seem pretty daft IMO.

Had a few injuries to key players to deal with. See where we are in a years time.

6 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Cocu is just experimenting this season and not really focused on going up and that Mel knows that.

Of course you cannot announce that, but there's always a bigger picture.

Plus, there's nothing to suggest prior to him coming to Derby that Cocu doesn't want to play real football.

He's not a Rowett or Mowbray. 

Patience grasshoppers.

Hate to be the one to break it to you but Cocu isn’t known for his good football, at psv he was known for his defensive pragmatism, often taking off his strikers for defensive minded players when winning, even when against the worst teams in the dutch league. There is nothing wrong with that but he’s not going to make us play beautiful Football and I hope people aren’t expecting that because they’re going to be left disappointed. He’s more akin to a Rowett and clement than a McClaren. 

Whittaker coming on to save the day! Nice 10 minute brace from him, brilliantly timed by Cocu ?]

Marriott also coming on.

Bogle and Waghorn off

1 minute ago, Mick Brolly said:

tenor.gif.4104ecc570495f0dd75757a45749e981.gif

So Stevie Wonder is on tour in Japan ,the audience are shouting "Stevie, Stevie sing us a jazz song "

Stevie looks perplexed ,I don't know a jazz song 

Stevie sing us a jazz song they cry.

Look I don't know what you mean you'll have to sing it to me .

The audience starts off " I jazz called to say I ruff you. 

1-0 down 78 minutes gone and I still see little desire out there. It’s a poor performance no matter how you dress it up. We can’t make simple passes, nobody gets up the pitch to help and to top it off I know come my Tuesday commute I’ll have to listen to Ramage bang on about it all ?

Archived