V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Agreed. That was Bielik's worst half for us. My huge issue with Holmes is that he manages to time his worst moments with our most promising opportunities. Makes the level of frustration outweigh the mistake itself - especially in a side that finds those opportunities so rare.  He's similar to Lawrence, in that regard.

I really hope we send Dowell back. 

He wasn’t like it so much last season though. Makes me feel it’s a coaching thing. Everyone seems the same. Bielik has been poor today imo because he’s playing an entirely unneeded role, when you play 3 centre half’s there’s no need for a CDM. In fact it makes things far worse as there’s no outlet. We’re ending up far too deep. Bielik needs to be in the three, not infront if we’re playing this system.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

He wasn’t like it so much last season though. Makes me feel it’s a coaching thing. Everyone seems the same. Bielik has been poor today imo because he’s playing an entirely unneeded role, when you play 3 centre half’s there’s no need for a CDM. In fact it makes things far worse as there’s no outlet. We’re ending up far too deep. Bielik needs to be in the three, not infront if we’re playing this system.

Holmes ran with the ball more last season. Long ball attempts weren't that prominent. 

He had more space, to be able to run with the ball - because defenders were more worried about the likes of Harry Wilson. 

On the system, I don't agree or disagree. To be honest I've just lost all faith that a system can be found for this side ? I just want them to, individually, stop making such a mess of all the simple things. Once that happens, then I'll be able to judge systems better.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Holmes ran with the ball more last season. Long ball attempts weren't that prominent. 

He had more space, to be able to run with the ball - because defenders were more worried about the likes of Harry Wilson. 

This is the key, that’s the role he needs to be playing. Because we don’t have anyone doing that at the moment, and we need to

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

For saying Cocu was known for his coaching ability, can anyone point to a single player that has been better under Cocu than they were under Lampard?

He has a Dutch accent though.

Not as good as Steve McLarens though. You're just a poo Steve McLaren, poo Steve McLaren! Too soon? 

HOW ON EARTH DOES OUR MANAGER RATE WAGHORN ABOVE MARTIN ? OR DOWELL ABOVE SIBLEY ? 

I’ve totally lost faith in his judgement, and his tactical ability too .. 

And perhaps those prematurely wanting Huddlestone relegating to the sidelines will now realise just how much we are missing him .. 

When fit, Martin and Huddlestone should be the first names on the team sheet .. 

I don't blame Cocu for looking to be more solid defensively first and foremost, we've given away countless goals by not defending properly as a team and leaving too much space for the opposition to exploit, with our fullbacks particularly exposed.

We're not going to suddenly start playing good football in an away game when our record/form has been so poor and confidence levels are low.

Confidence needs to build from somewhere, if we can start picking up a few draws and snatching an ugly win here and there that will do for now.

It's a big if at present, of course.

Archived