Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bogle under pressure from two preston players does a fancy spin and pokes it to Evans and clear. Everything just seems to be going right.

UNTIL a FK comes in from Preston, which Roos drops - then scrambles around chasing the ball until a Derby player finally clears it. The first sign of any incompetence we've seen in 49 minutes ? 

HT 1-0. But two subs down.

Roos tries his very hardest to ruin everything at the end there. But, that was excellent. Absolutely excellent. Best 45 given the opposition all season. So much fight, so much desire to win the ball back, and some absolutely stunning football at times. Only worry for me is Forsyth and Davies look a little suspect positionally. Not sure Forsyth in there is the right move quite yet. But other than that, that was a stunning half of football.

I'd say everyone, outside of Roos (who's not had much to do but has a bit of a seizure at the end there) is at least a 7 out of 10 so far.

Both Bennett and Shinnie didn't see the pitch for long but were both also very competent during their time on the pitch.

Lowe's my MOTM so far; but as I say - its not just a case of no-one playing badly, everyone is playing well. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Bogle under pressure from two preston players does a fancy spin and pokes it to Evans and clear. Everything just seems to be going right.

UNTIL a FK comes in from Preston, which Roos drops - then scrambles around chasing the ball until a Derby player finally clears it. The first sign of incompetence we've seen in 49 minutes ? 

HT 1-0. But two subs down.

That happened well beyond the acceptable number of minutes added before half time, so it doesn’t count. Faultless performance!

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'd say everyone, outside of Roos (who's not had much to do but has a bit of a seizure at the end there) is at least a 7 out of 10 so far.

Both Bennett and Shinnie didn't see the pitch for long but were both also very competent during their time on the pitch.

Lowe's my MOTM so far; but as I say - its not just a case of no-one playing badly, everyone is playing well. 

Thanks for the updates, appreciate it

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Suddenly we are barcelona (well nearly!)

I'm pretty confident in saying that if that team put in that performance against Barcelona we'd be 3 or 4-0 down but the media would be massively complimentary about how good of an account we've given of ourselves.

Just now, CBRammette said:

Grumpy guts!

That's not grumpy!

I'm a Derby fan, playing a great team and hoping to hear "Despite the result Derby gave a great account of themselves" is the supreme aspiration ? 

Archived