Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see Fozzy back and playing in a role that will probably now be his permanent role given the amount of damage his knees will have taken, also can’t help feeling a bit nervous for him and his legs!

I wonder if there is any other footballer in the top two or three divisions that has come back from thee ACLs??????? I can’t think of any!

Remember that goal in pre-season when Martin layed it off for Bennett surging through the middle and he slammed it in from 20 yards? I don't think they've had the chance to play alongside each other since then.

A bit of pace and power up alongside Martin isn't a bad idea, and Bennett's ability to win headers could prove useful, we literally have nonother attacker in the team who we can play the ball to above chest height.

46 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Clueless what’s he done to earn a start ? 

Maybe it’s not what he’s done to earn a start, but what the other options have done to retain their places?

I wouldn’t necessarily have been picking Bennett (and that’s nothing to do with off-field issues) but I don’t think he is as bad as a lot of people make out.  He’s just a bit average, but now and again he might be worth a try.

Well it’s brave 

stand or fall by decisions like this 

can’t say it’s what i expected, or what I’d have picked but he sees them everyday and is best placed 

hold onto your hats 

itll be interesting to see Bennett ... if it’s the case .. playing off Somone in a two as opposed to being out wide or a lone striker like at Wembley 

who knows .......

Let’s see what happens with the changes.

Who knows what we’ve been working on in the last 2 weeks?

We could look better than ever - it remains to be seen.

All I will say is that it is a slight concern that we still appear to be tinkering with the side unnecessarily in the last week of November.

Worth noting that in other threads Cocu is being heralded as the long term saviour of the club and somebody we need to give time to... not saying those who support this view are the same as who are calling him clueless of course, but I think it is a nice reminder of how football is truly a ‘game of opinion’.  

While I might raise an eyebrow about certain team selections, I generally wait to see how things turn out before condemning any decision.  Assuming something will be terrible is... well, we all know what assumptions make don’t we.

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Well it’s brave 

stand or fall by decisions like this 

can’t say it’s what i expected, or what I’d have picked but he sees them everyday and is best placed 

hold onto your hats 

itll be interesting to see Bennett ... if it’s the case .. playing off Somone in a two as opposed to being out wide or a lone striker like at Wembley 

who knows .......

I hope he plays up front with Martin. That’s probably his best position. He hasn’t really got the game for a lone striker or a winger.

Worked what seemed a good opening for Lawrence in the Preston box but he didn't shoot and then never found space again.

Just under a minute later and he shoots from 30-35 yards out, it goes about 3 yards wide. First shot of the game.

Bennett chasing after the ball with a Preston defender. Shoulder to shoulder and the preston player goes down, ref gives a FK. Bit unlucky there Bennett, seems plenty of refs let that go, would've been a great opportunity. 

Archived