Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KCG said:

I'm flummoxed by the decision to leave Marriott out. How on earth is Marriott ever going to get back to full match fitness and sharpness when he is consistently left out?

The decision to include Forsyth is understandable, although we know Evans can do a job there, and his fitness levels are probably higher at this level at the moment.

Scored one league goal in nearly 40 odd games. 

Had a sneaky feeling he’d do something a little left field like play Forsyth, good to see him back. Honestly didn’t think I’d see him play football again after so many injuries so fair play to him! Interesting we’d go with him at centre half over more accomplished options like Evans and Wisdom mind. Hope it works out. Surprised there hasn’t been any change in midfield tbh, after the forest performance I’d have thought Knight or Sibley would be worth a go.

Cant say I’m delighted to see Bennett start, but Marriott hasn’t been great and we haven’t got many options, so I can see the justification.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Could just as easily be a Diamond with Bennett playing with Martin, like for like swap with Marriott.

I'd argue that'd be Bennett's strongest position - not that I think that justifies dropping (an albeit out of form) Marriott for him

I agree. That said, Marriott may be a better impact option from the bench currently.

6 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

That team selection gives a sense we have someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing.

or...Maybe someone who is still experimenting/taking a look at all the options he has.

Bennett and Forsyth are out of contract soon. Forsyth won't get a new contract as left back (given the depth there..Malone,Lowe,Buchanan) so needs game time to earn a deal at CB. Bennett needs to show an end product to earn his deal.

I'm ok making sure we don't have answers to our deficiencies in house  before we look to the transfer market.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Had a sneaky feeling he’d do something a little left field like play Forsyth, good to see him back. Honestly didn’t think I’d see him play football again after so many injuries so fair play to him! Interesting we’d go with him at centre half over more accomplished options like Evans and Wisdom mind. Hope it works out. Surprised there hasn’t been any change in midfield tbh, after the forest performance I’d have thought Knight or Sibley would be worth a go.

Cant say I’m delighted to see Bennett start, but Marriott hasn’t been great and we haven’t got many options, so I can see the justification.

Summed up my thoughts well.

Bennett really needs to grasp this though, whatever the right or wrong of picking him. Sibley got to be close to getting on the pitch.

Archived