Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

39 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Great to see Fozzy back and playing in a role that will probably now be his permanent role given the amount of damage his knees will have taken, also can’t help feeling a bit nervous for him and his legs!

I wonder if there is any other footballer in the top two or three divisions that has come back from thee ACLs??????? I can’t think of any!

I hope him and Lowe work out an understanding and we see the occasional Sheffield Utd style overlapping Centre half run from Fozzy. 

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shinnie asking to be let back on to try and run it off. He's just walked back towards the bench, so looks like he's lost his case. Evans getting ready.

Holmes hits the bar.

Glorious move. 

Lawrence to Holmes, one touch to Martin, controls and lays it off to Holmes who hits it on the volley from 19 yards out (centrally) and slams it into the crossbar. Goal kick. 

Lawrence just pointed to Martin where he wanted the pass; then turned and made a different run. Martin played it to where TL pointed. I live for the interactions between players after moments like that.

Martin lays a clearance off the Lawrence, who plays it past the defender and suddenly TL and CM are 2 on 1 on the counter.

Unfortunately the defenders catch up with Martin, so TL is forced to take it on himself. Shot is saved and out for a Derby corner. That's Headed into the air and claimed by the GK.

Preston volley from 20 yards is inches wide, following a poor header from Forsyth.

Moments later Bennett gets the better of a Preston defender and looks to be in behind before being hauled down on the edge of the area. Yellow card to Preston, FK to Derby and Bennett looks to be in a lot of pain. A lot of pain. 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Did anyone else just notice a Derby player run past Marriott while he was having a laugh with Nugent, and shove him in the back? Marriott’s smile dropped and he gave a proper stink eye to whoever that was. 

I think it was Paterson, based on our bench. Unless it was Hamer warming up for some reason. Wasn't Waghorn, Dowell or Wisdom. I went to look at our bench list to work out who it was ? 

Marriott looked like he wanted to stamp on him. Really odd.

Just now, SaintRam said:

I think it was Paterson, based on our bench. Unless it was Hamer warming up for some reason. I went to look at our bench list to work out who it was ? 

Marriott looked like he wanted to stamp on him. Really odd.

Waghorn and Paterson seem to be out there having a run around. Agreed, weird moment. 

Mason Bennett down again. Looks like he's being forced off from the injury where he was hauled down. This has been an absurdly unlucky 27 minutes. Waghorn getting ready.

Archived