Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

55 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Again if Keogh was sober ? then he had responsibility as Captain to look out for Bennett. Was Hudds there until after closing? But yes he didn't get off Scott-free, we at least know he lost the captaincy.

Just returned the favour of the laughing emoji ?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a proverbial fence sitter like me, this is a real tough one to get my head around. My initial feeling was that it seemed very harsh but I've since swip swapped back and forth reading some of the well constructed arguments. The two voices of reason on here (@reverendo de duiveland @angieram) sum it up best for me. I agree with The Rev that you should judge a man by the good things he does and not the bad but also with Angie that he's lost a bit of respect too. That might sound a bit contradictory but it's the best way I can sum up my current feelings. We've all done things we regret and wish we could change, I know I have. I consider myself very fortunate that my mistakes haven't had the ramifications that have been bestowed on RK. How ironic are all those Keogh Mistake threads now. Anyhow, due to work commitments tomorrow is my first visit of the season to Pride Park. Normally I'd be buzzing at the prospect but I feel a bit flat considering recent events. Apologies for the ramble. I know once I see the ground it will get the juices flowing. It simply has to as I'll have a very excited 9 year old in tow with me. COYR.

10 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Anyhow, due to work commitments tomorrow is my first visit of the season to Pride Park. Normally I'd be buzzing at the prospect but I feel a bit flat considering recent events. 

C'mon! The lads need you. Think of Cocu, he's had a crap time of it. Get buzzing, we're all Derby. We need some unity and support now more than ever. ? #COYR

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Keogh isnt where? The club explicitly say he was part of the group who carried on drinking. 

What you are suggesting is utter nonsense. If he wasnt there as you suggest that means he's just sitting in the car patk waiting 6 hours for his lift home. 

What a tight get ?

6 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Christ on a bike, some folks do post some steaming, hot garbage. Who spends 6 hours in a pub and walks out sober FFS? I wouldn't get in a car with anyone who'd been in a pub for that length of time unless I was 100% certain they were sober. Keogh made the decision and has nobody to blame but himself, end of.

Exactly.

and then add in you aren’t a shelf stacker at sports direct with a Gcse in counting smarties. You are a club captain, a player who has represented his country, you live in a world of extreme privilege and, probably the most important, you have a solid career behind you during which you have seen first hand the ups and downs the triumphs and disasters and where things can go wrong. Did anything go in during the last 10 years ? 

Serious lack of judgment .. I think so, and now there are consequences. Brutal, sad, unfortunate especially for a guy I had huge respect for .. but that’s what happens. 

I wonder who approved /planned /organised the boozy night out, and thought it would be a good idea. Who ever it was obviously doesn't really understand the type of characters who play for the club. Actually, organising a night on the lash probably isn't very good idea for your average British pro football player.  A few rounds of crazy golf followed by tea and scones probably a better option. 

3 minutes ago, europia said:

I wonder who approved /planned /organised the boozy night out, and thought it would be a good idea. Who ever it was obviously doesn't really understand the type of characters who play for the club. Actually, organising a night on the lash probably isn't very good idea for your average British pro football player.  A few rounds of crazy golf followed by tea and scones probably a better option. 

IIRC it was meant to be a golfing day, but I think it got cancelled to inclement weather. Moreover, it wasn't planned to be 'a boozy night out'. Cabs were booked for 8 so a civilised bite, a bit of squad bonding then home at a reasonable hour.

Also, you can't try and blame other folk for the stupidity of this group of players. They're adults not ducking toddlers. If they want to get pished up and drive around like dheads that's their call and it's grossly unfair to blame anyone but the individuals involved. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

IIRC it was meant to be a golfing day, but I think it got cancelled to inclement weather. Moreover, it wasn't planned to be 'a boozy night out'. Cabs were booked for 8 so a civilised bite, a bit of squad bonding then home at a reasonable hour.

Also, you can't try and blame other folk for the stupidity of this group of players. They're adults not ducking toddlers. If they want to get pished up and drive around like dheads that's their call and it's grossly unfair to blame anyone but the individuals involved. 

I wasn't actually aiming blame at anyone, just an observation really. Yes they are adults, but that's not been reflected in their behaviour, which unfortunately has inflicted damage to the club. 

I seem to recall an interview that Eranio did. He was very surprised at the way things are (were) in English football, compared to Italian football where the players training and dietary regimes were much stricter. Very much reflected in the skill and athleticism of many Italian players. 

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

Keogh isnt where? The club explicitly say he was part of the group who carried on drinking. 

What you are suggesting is utter nonsense. If he wasnt there as you suggest that means he's just sitting in the car patk waiting 6 hours for his lift home. 

You’ve solved the entire case!

Keogh went for a nap without telling anyone early in the evening. Just before midnight he was awoken. Confused and unaware of what was going on, Keogh sprung up in the backseats of Lawrence’s car (obviously without a seatbelt as he was sleeping in a previously stationary vehicle), startling the driver and temporarily paralysing him as the car hurtled towards the car in front. Lawrence panicked, thinking he had a zombie in the back of his car, fleeing the scene and dragging two of his teammates along with him. It was only when the adrenaline subsided he realised it was the team’s captain in his car. They returned to check on him soon after. Meanwhile, the first responder approached the recently awoken Keogh who still thought he was dreaming, was questioned for his name. He responded with his dreamworld name.

7 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Christ on a bike, some folks do post some steaming, hot garbage. Who spends 6 hours in a pub and walks out sober FFS? I wouldn't get in a car with anyone who'd been in a pub for that length of time unless I was 100% certain they were sober. Keogh made the decision and has nobody to blame but himself, end of.

I am sorry, but to quote your very first line "Christ on a bike". Is that not streaming hot garbage right there? Bikes weren't invented when christ was about. ???

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

He isn’t pictured in the group with Lawrence. 

You made the rest, as people seem to like to do, as if it somehow proves their case

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You’ve solved the entire case!

Keogh went for a nap without telling anyone early in the evening. Just before midnight he was awoken. Confused and unaware of what was going on, Keogh sprung up in the backseats of Lawrence’s car (obviously without a seatbelt as he was sleeping in a previously stationary vehicle), startling the driver and temporarily paralysing him as the car hurtled towards the car in front. Lawrence panicked, thinking he had a zombie in the back of his car, fleeing the scene and dragging two of his teammates along with him. It was only when the adrenaline subsided he realised it was the team’s captain in his car. They returned to check on him soon after. Meanwhile, the first responder approached the recently awoken Keogh who still thought he was dreaming, was questioned for his name. He responded with his dreamworld name.

I think you may have solved the mystery as to what happened here. All I'd add to this is that when Keogh came to and realised the car was careering out of control (pun intended) he screamed "Lampost, Lampost!!!"

"Don't be daft." proclaimed Lawrence. 

" He fooked off to Chelsea ages ago."

" Gordon Bennett." Keogh replied.

"  No Mason actually. Oh fook, let's scarper skipper." Lawrence retorted.

24 minutes ago, europia said:

I wasn't actually aiming blame at anyone, just an observation really. Yes they are adults, but that's not been reflected in their behaviour, which unfortunately has inflicted damage to the club. 

I seem to recall an interview that Eranio did. He was very surprised at the way things are (were) in English football, compared to Italian football where the players training and dietary regimes were much stricter. Very much reflected in the skill and athleticism of many Italian players. 

Well Eranio certainly makes a valid point. I think a lot of younger players these days are pretty clean living in fairness. The pendulum is swinging from the drinking culture of yesteryear to the typical model of our European neighbours. I think it had to because as you've pointed out, fitness is absolutely key these days. Gone is the era where a team of drinkers can win the the title without losing a game.

I do think however, it's not just a football problem though, as a lot of English lads and lasses do binge drink. You've only got to look at how the mindless minority behave abroad or check the city centres on a weekend. It's a growing problem too. It's not something we associate too much with other countries and I'm not sure why so many folk can't have a decent drink but still behave. 

7 hours ago, europia said:

Think it was Sven Goran Eriksen who couldn't believe culturally how immature and needing of control English players in general are....

He intimated that Italian players with an hour or two of 'down-time' would enjoy just sitting, drinking coffee, chatting to one another and generally passing the time happily. English players just needed continually babysitting and eternally moan about being bored. When he  saw the games room at a World Cup venue that had been laid on he said '??? What, this is for kids'.

Archived