Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

He isn’t pictured in the group with Lawrence. 

You made the rest, as people seem to like to do, as if it somehow proves their case

What on earth are you talking about. He was there and he was drinking. Both of these things were confirmed by the club. Deal with it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, RamNut said:

So what punishment has huddlestone had? Huddlestone was clearly aware that bennett was throwing up, and then videoed it and posted it on social media. Does he have a responsibility as a senior player?

do i seriously think keogh was sober? I don't know. On the video of the players where malone is either asleep or has passed out, huddlestone is on soft drinks, malone has a pint glass in front of him. Thats all we can see. Keogh isn't even there. Martin, buchanan, possibly johnno, and dowell are filmed. It sounds like bogle is filming on his phone and speaking to lawrence who is fooling around. Keogh and the protected fourth man haven't been breathylised so there is no evidence that they were drunk. Just stating facts rather than making imaginary assumptions. 

Its just as possible that keogh wasn't pissed. Its quite possible that lawrence appeared ok and then drove like a twit. 

I strongly suspect that all the Derby players there have been punished

17 hours ago, RamNut said:

How many pints does it take to achieve the alcohol level that Lawrence had? Someone suggested it was as low as four? Who knows? If you think about it maybe keogh wasn’t aware that TL was over the limit. Maybe they weren’t sat together. The players were apparently in groups.    No-one would get in the car of a clearly intoxicated driver. So why assume that keogh was pissed or that he was aware that TL was pissed. Too many assumptions and guesses.

We don’t know for sure what happened but the club do and they’ve decided to sack him so there was good reason with the facts they have. 

There’s so much we don’t know yet people on here are slating the club and Mel - ridiculous.  How anyone can, without knowing the full story, get on their high horse is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You're right....he would stand to gain most financially I think through trying the breach of contract route.

And it seems financial is what drives RK

To be fair 'financial' drives most of us when it comes to our work.

9 hours ago, europia said:

I wonder who approved /planned /organised the boozy night out, and thought it would be a good idea. 

Stop wondering... It wasn't approved/planned/organised, it just happened... and only the idiotic few thought it a good idea.

9 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

IIRC it was meant to be a golfing day, but I think it got cancelled to inclement weather. Moreover, it wasn't planned to be 'a boozy night out'. Cabs were booked for 8 so a civilised bite, a bit of squad bonding then home at a reasonable hour.

Also, you can't try and blame other folk for the stupidity of this group of players. They're adults not ducking toddlers. If they want to get pished up and drive around like dheads that's their call and it's grossly unfair to blame anyone but the individuals involved. 

I wondered why BJ had turned up!

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You’ve solved the entire case!

Keogh went for a nap without telling anyone early in the evening. Just before midnight he was awoken. Confused and unaware of what was going on, Keogh sprung up in the backseats of Lawrence’s car (obviously without a seatbelt as he was sleeping in a previously stationary vehicle), startling the driver and temporarily paralysing him as the car hurtled towards the car in front. Lawrence panicked, thinking he had a zombie in the back of his car, fleeing the scene and dragging two of his teammates along with him. It was only when the adrenaline subsided he realised it was the team’s captain in his car. They returned to check on him soon after. Meanwhile, the first responder approached the recently awoken Keogh who still thought he was dreaming, was questioned for his name. He responded with his dreamworld name.

You are receiving a number of laughing emoji reactions, but let's face it, as far as this forum is concerned, it could well be nearer the truth than some of the other "guesses"!  In fact, you've convinced me!  ? 

37 minutes ago, richinspain said:

More click bait from the DET! Received a notification on my mobile, "Derby County confirm captain decision before Middlesbrough clash". To my great surprise and horror, Curtis Davis will be captain for the game. Well no poo Sherlock!

Yeah,  i was also interested in their breaking news story,  'seas is wet.'

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

What on earth are you talking about. He was there and he was drinking. Both of these things were confirmed by the club. Deal with it.

Sorry. The argument is obviously a bit too subtle for you. 

1 hour ago, Raich Van Carter said:

We don’t know for sure what happened but the club do and they’ve decided to sack him so there was good reason with the facts they have. 

There’s so much we don’t know yet people on here are slating the club and Mel - ridiculous.  How anyone can, without knowing the full story, get on their high horse is beyond me. 

Can't you see how ironic and ridiculous your post is - you state that how anyone can get on their high horse without knowing the full story yet you yourself are also not in possession of the full facts unless you have some inside line to the happenings within Derby

You have also made a huge assumption by stating that there must have been a good reason with the facts they have - pray tell what were the facts as they aren't in the public domain?

10 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I am sorry, but to quote your very first line "Christ on a bike". Is that not streaming hot garbage right there? Bikes weren't invented when christ was about. ???

Yes, but Christ on an ass just doesn't have the same ring to it

36 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Sorry. The argument is obviously a bit too subtle for you. 

I don't believe you even know what the word subtle actually means. You are trying to argue that Keogh wasn't there and that he wasn't drinking despite the club saying otherwise. You are trying to argue that everyone here is jumping to conclusions just because he didn't appear in the videos. You are trying to argue that there is no evidence for any of this, which is patently not the case. All nonsense arguments that have no basis in reality to which there is no subtlety at all.  

You can try your pseudo-intellectual insults if you want - I rather like being the victor in arguments, so thanks for that at least. Just because you think you are the greatest intellect this forum has ever seen does not make it so.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can't you see how ironic and ridiculous your post is - you state that how anyone can get on their high horse without knowing the full story yet you yourself are also not in possession of the full facts unless you have some inside line to the happenings within Derby

You have also made a huge assumption by stating that there must have been a good reason with the facts they have - pray tell what were the facts as they aren't in the public domain?

I have no idea what you’re on about or why you’re so hostile but I’m talking about facts boy. The fact is he was sacked and the club felt they had good (legal) reasons to do so.  

I never got on a high horse nor claimed to know anything. Calm down chap. 

I'll bet that all 3 were lined up for the chop but by doing so the FFP book value for Lawrence and Bennett, as Keogh probably had very little, would have potentially created a situation whereby thresholds may have been crossed and points deductions/embargoes become a reality.

Cant think of any other reason for the difference in approach.

Archived