Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

21 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Christ on a bike, some folks do post some steaming, hot garbage. Who spends 6 hours in a pub and walks out sober FFS? I wouldn't get in a car with anyone who'd been inor that length a pub f of time unless I was 100% certain they were sober. Keogh made the decision and has nobody to blame but himself, end of.

Whilst I agree with your post 100% ,I did [I was also pissed] nothing sobers you up quickly as when you go down a duel carriage way on the wrong side .

p.s no body was hurt and it was a long time ago [pre breathalyser ish].

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve always been a Keogh fan but I’m afraid he’s only himself to blame. If what I hear is true he chose to go in the car instead of taking transport offered by the club. He’s also refused a pay cut which would probably still be more than prime minister is earning and turning down the chance of first class rehabilitation at the club and could possibly use the time taking coaching badges etc instead he allegedly still expects to be on full pay

2 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I’ve always been a Keogh fan but I’m afraid he’s only himself to blame. If what I hear is true he chose to go in the car instead of taking transport offered by the club. He’s also refused a pay cut which would probably still be more than prime minister is earning and turning down the chance of first class rehabilitation at the club and could possibly use the time taking coaching badges etc instead he allegedly still expects to be on full pay

A lot of other club's fans say he looks a couple of can short of a six pack, I guess they've been right all along...

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope. 

"Richard Keogh's role as captain and the added responsibility the position brings was a factor in Derby County's decision to sack him for gross misconduct, BBC Derby Sport reports."

He showed no responsibility for his team-mates.

You seriously think he was sober? ?

So what punishment has huddlestone had? Huddlestone was clearly aware that bennett was throwing up, and then videoed it and posted it on social media. Does he have a responsibility as a senior player?

do i seriously think keogh was sober? I don't know. On the video of the players where malone is either asleep or has passed out, huddlestone is on soft drinks, malone has a pint glass in front of him. Thats all we can see. Keogh isn't even there. Martin, buchanan, possibly johnno, and dowell are filmed. It sounds like bogle is filming on his phone and speaking to lawrence who is fooling around. Keogh and the protected fourth man haven't been breathylised so there is no evidence that they were drunk. Just stating facts rather than making imaginary assumptions. 

Its just as possible that keogh wasn't pissed. Its quite possible that lawrence appeared ok and then drove like a twit. 

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

The players involved in the accident were only in one group - they are the ones who stayed after the team bonding event. The videos show most of them with drinks in hand.

The statement from Derby says “A small group, including the team captain Richard Keogh, continued drinking into the night,”. Lawrence and Bennett are both clearly pissed in the videos, but if you think Keogh was sat in a corner on his own and then got into the car with a blindfold on then yes im sure your scenario is plausible.

Keogh isn't there. So you can't insist that he was.

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Christ on a bike, some folks do post some steaming, hot garbage. Who spends 6 hours in a pub and walks out sober FFS? I wouldn't get in a car with anyone who'd been in a pub for that length of time unless I was 100% certain they were sober. Keogh made the decision and has nobody to blame but himself, end of.

Certainly wouldn't want you on a jury. 

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Keogh isn't there. So you can't insist that he was.

Keogh isnt where? The club explicitly say he was part of the group who carried on drinking. 

What you are suggesting is utter nonsense. If he wasnt there as you suggest that means he's just sitting in the car patk waiting 6 hours for his lift home. 

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Didn't have a seat belt on though did he?

Just been on the blower to Old Tricky Ricky to establish the facts of the case. He was adamant that not only was he sober but that he was also wearing a seatbelt. By way of evidence, he kindly provided the SnapChat video below...

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, RamNut said:

So what punishment has huddlestone had? Huddlestone was clearly aware that bennett was throwing up, and then videoed it and posted it on social media. Does he have a responsibility as a senior player?...

Its just as possible that keogh wasn't pissed. Its quite possible that lawrence appeared ok and then drove like a twit. 

Again if Keogh was sober ? then he had responsibility as Captain to look out for Bennett. Was Hudds there until after closing? But yes he didn't get off Scott-free, we at least know he lost the captaincy.

17 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Certainly wouldn't want you on a jury. 

Criminal: But your honour, I know I was in a bank with a sawn-off shotgun and a stocking over my head but I carry a gun for personal protection and have a nylon fetish. 

You: See! Told you he was innocent.

Archived