Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Keogh is perfectly entitled to appeal within his employment rights as per any other individual so it's not down to Keogh if the matter drags on as you phrase it.

If the appeal is unsuccessful then Keogh will also be perfectly entitled to either take the club to an industrial tribunal as he has been at the company i.e. Derby for more than 2 years or even sue the club if he saw fit which will also mean that the matter drags on even further which again he is perfectly entitled to do as per any other individual.

If Morris thought that Keogh would just walk away after being dismissed then he is extremely naive so he must have known that his actions would then form a cloud over the club for a great length of time afterwards

He may be entitled but doesn't mean he'll win. Also, I suspect naivety, when it comes to employment law,  isn't one of Mel's failings. I'm sure he would have taken legal advice first. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is incapable of for-filling his contract.  If my company could not do that, the contract would be cancelled, with immediate effect, because the company that gave me the contract has an expectation that I would deliver what I promised. 

If something happened during the contract, accidental damage, insurances are there to cover the cost. 

However if I went out, and took all the people that I was responsible for and got smashed off their faces, and the next day they failed to deliver, I would fully expect my P45, at the very least, and possible legal action for loss of earnings from the business.

He was the captain, the most senior player there.  He failed, he got that drunk he was incapable of looking after himself or the younger players there.

As for the rest, Bennett and Lawerence got caught and where punished to full extent the law and club saw fit.  I expect if they got jail time, rare for a first offense, 2 more P45's would be on the printer tray.  The others there, either got away with it, or got taxi's.

40 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

If he was sober...then letting his teammates drink drive and being a passenger, potentially without a seatbelt... Even worse.

How many pints does it take to achieve the alcohol level that Lawrence had? Someone suggested it was as low as four? Who knows? If you think about it maybe keogh wasn’t aware that TL was over the limit. Maybe they weren’t sat together. The players were apparently in groups.    No-one would get in the car of a clearly intoxicated driver. So why assume that keogh was pissed or that he was aware that TL was pissed. Too many assumptions and guesses.

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

How many pints does it take to achieve the alcohol level that Lawrence had? Someone suggested it was as low as four? Who knows? If you think about it maybe keogh wasn’t aware that TL was over the limit. Maybe they weren’t sat together. The players were apparently in groups.    No-one would get in the car of a clearly intoxicated driver. So why assume that keogh was pissed or that he was aware that TL was pissed. Too many assumptions and guesses.

I think that we can all assume that none of them had the good sense to call a Taxi.

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Seriously? So Keogh was sober but didn't see what Bennett had been drinking and throwing up?!

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously? So Keogh was sober but didn't see what Bennett had been drinking and throwing up?!

Bennett’s situation is irrelevant to keogh

3 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

You make it sound like its all Mel Morris' fault. You don't have an agenda do you?

Not at all do you? I was merely saying that am sure that Morris would have been given counsel regards the prospect of being able to sack Keogh without recourse the same as Keogh is now probably taking counsel as to whether Morris' actions were legal or not and it would be a case that realistically he could pursue

If Morris thought someone was going to give up a years 25k a week contract without a struggle - which I am not insinuating he is - then this would be extremely naive so he must have expected that this drag on in the background

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

He may be entitled but doesn't mean he'll win. Also, I suspect naivety, when it comes to employment law,  isn't one of Mel's failings. I'm sure he would have taken legal advice first. 

Likewise Keogh am sure before he determines whether he progresses this or not independently

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Keogh is perfectly entitled to appeal within his employment rights as per any other individual so it's not down to Keogh if the matter drags on as you phrase it.

If the appeal is unsuccessful then Keogh will also be perfectly entitled to either take the club to an industrial tribunal as he has been at the company i.e. Derby for more than 2 years or even sue the club if he saw fit which will also mean that the matter drags on even further which again he is perfectly entitled to do as per any other individual.

If Morris thought that Keogh would just walk away after being dismissed then he is extremely naive so he must have known that his actions would then form a cloud over the club for a great length of time afterwards

So what are Derby supposed to do ??? keep paying him 25k a week when he can't do his job just because it might form a cloud over the club ??....I know exactly the same would happen in my job....if you can't do it for non work reasons then most companies would have no choice...but DCFC offered him a lesser deal...commendable in my view....he's entitled to appeal of course he is....but on what grounds exactly ? he had a contract ? it wasn't him driving ?.....none would stand up in my view...before everyone gets on DCFC's case regarding this...think back to Sean Barker he was treated very well even though a lot of people thought he'd never play to the standard again...how do we know he wasn't offered less terms ? Something is clearly not right or there is something we don't know maybe but i agree with the club on this Keogh messed this up himself no one else...but as usual players seem to think its all about them while clubs lose millions running there contracts down etc

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Bennett’s situation is irrelevant to keogh

Nope. 

"Richard Keogh's role as captain and the added responsibility the position brings was a factor in Derby County's decision to sack him for gross misconduct, BBC Derby Sport reports."

He showed no responsibility for his team-mates.

You seriously think he was sober? ?

29 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You're Bob Massenburg and I claim £5

Christ on a bike, some folks do post some steaming, hot garbage. Who spends 6 hours in a pub and walks out sober FFS? I wouldn't get in a car with anyone who'd been in a pub for that length of time unless I was 100% certain they were sober. Keogh made the decision and has nobody to blame but himself, end of.

29 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The video posted by Tom Huddlestone showing Mason Bennett being sick in the toilets and saying how many they'd had would suggest they knew no one was in a state to drive...we all know even one beer now is probably enough to put you over the limit 

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Christ on a bike, some folks do post some steaming, hot garbage. Who spends 6 hours in a pub and walks out sober FFS? I wouldn't get in a car with anyone who'd been in a pub for that length of time unless I was 100% certain they were sober. Keogh made the decision and has nobody to blame but himself, end of.

The bar staff most likely ?

35 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The players involved in the accident were only in one group - they are the ones who stayed after the team bonding event. The videos show most of them with drinks in hand.

The statement from Derby says “A small group, including the team captain Richard Keogh, continued drinking into the night,”. Lawrence and Bennett are both clearly pissed in the videos, but if you think Keogh was sat in a corner on his own and then got into the car with a blindfold on then yes im sure your scenario is plausible.

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I think so @RoyMac5; but perhaps anybody in RK’s position would need careful professional career counselling to be able to come to the right decision and maybe his agent, if he has one, has advised in a different way. 

This is the thing I really can't wrap my head round.  Whoever is advising him must be an idiot.  Do they really think Bristol City will be on the phone to him, offering £30k a week for 3 years???  Nobody will sign him in his current state, and if he returns to something resembling full fitness, by that time he'll be pushing 35, he'll be lucky to get £5k at Burton.  In the meantime he's basically on the dole...  

will ferrell what an idiot GIF

55 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I like covering all the 'what ifs' too and it's possible he was absolutely completely and utterly sober and had no idea Lawrence had been drinking

Didn't have a seat belt on though did he?

Archived