Boro (H) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

Just seen the highlights this morning. In every single Derby attack, Marriott is in a phenomenal position.  Holmes and Bogle both shot when they could have played him in, or he's in the box ready to pounce on anything.

This is the team now. Hope we stick with it.

11 hours ago, Carnero said:

Still only at 21 pages ?

We really don't like to talk about good performances, do we? Damn hard to moan after the performance of the season but I'll try anyway.

- We weren't good at all but Boro just happened to be the worst team ever visiting PP.

- Bielik is certainly badly injured. We are doomed.

- Davies' mask is a liability.

- Roos

- Keogh

- Lawrence should try passing every now and then.

37 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Just seen the highlights this morning. In every single Derby attack, Marriott is in a phenomenal position.  Holmes and Bogle both shot when they could have played him in, or he's in the box ready to pounce on anything.

This is the team now. Hope we stick with it.

yes; had he been picked out by team mates he could’ve had a hat-trick. The one time he was put clean through by a quickly taken free kick from CM, the ref blew because it was a “moving ball” although 25k Derby fans saw a stationary ball when CM took it. 

I thought at times Derby over passed around and made extra passes when an extra pass wasn’t necessary. It doesn’t matter when you are 1 up but the crowd would soon be on their backs if we were chasing the game. 

Sometimes Martins passes were too clever for our own players to anticipate the run and other times he would have played a good ball if it hadn’t hit the opposition. 

I can’t get my head around this chant from the opposition about Keogh should have walked home. Surely if he had it would have increased his chances of being knocked down by a drunk driver.

Interesting that Cocu talks about Clarke doing extra sessions after training, building his confidence and saying that he can get better. 

People have strangely questioned Cocu's motivational skill, but Martin, Shinnie and Clarke have all been putting in extra so far this season.

After another eventfull week off the pitch, great to see the players putting in that kind of performance. Two decent performances in a row.

10 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

I thought at times Derby over passed around and made extra passes when an extra pass wasn’t necessary. It doesn’t matter when you are 1 up but the crowd would soon be on their backs if we were chasing the game. 

Sometimes Martins passes were too clever for our own players to anticipate the run and other times he would have played a good ball if it hadn’t hit the opposition. 

I can’t get my head around this chant from the opposition about Keogh should have walked home. Surely if he had it would have increased his chances of being knocked down by a drunk driver.

Yes re the cleverness several times - they will get used to just knowing they can run and the ball will be there and his subtle genius?

10 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Glad you mention that; I saw it too and am pretty sure that once Marriott and Martin get more pitch-time we’ll soon see Marriott flourish. 

34 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

yes; had he been picked out by team mates he could’ve had a hat-trick

Holmes could have put him through several times. Unfortunately despite his effort he doesn’t possess a footballing brain.

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Holmes could have put him through several times. Unfortunately despite his effort he doesn’t possess a footballing brain.

Yes; Marriott was very frustrated when Holmes shot from 20 yards instead of playing Marriott in for what would have been a certain goal.

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes; Marriott was very frustrated when Holmes shot from 20 yards instead of playing Marriott in for what would have been a certain goal.

They had words on a few occasions late in the 2nd half for similar reasons. 

1 hour ago, HorsforthRam said:

You’ve had your fresh air, now duck off home. Amused me

We got some good stuff going against them yesterday.

Started with "you're only here for the fresh air", followed by "Boro's going down coz they couldn't buy their ground" then a bit to Woodgate about "the table don't lie" and finished with the one you posted above.

43 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I spotted that, rightly so as the team getting a goal should come before an individuals desire to get on the scoresheet (unless we're 5-0 up). Not saying he's a selfish player but he needs to sort that out and if I was Marriott I'd be annoyed.

I just want to take the positives from this, yes Middlesbrough were poor and we should have scored more 4 or 5 nil would not have flattered us. I didn’t think the red card made that much difference to the game as we were on top and I think would have continued to be on top.  Yes if the F*****t reject has scored early door it could have been difficult. I thought we got better as the game progressed and you could see the confidence coming back. They play better with the crowd behind them ( who were excellent) . Lawrence has a good game and as people have said CM knits things together well.

im happy just need to sort out the away form 

Just thinking what our line up should be for Forest , would probably bring Paterson in for Holmes and keep the rest the same.  Paterson playing against Forest will probably bring a bit extra from him and also I think Paterson offers a lot more goal threat + has better decision making than Holmes in the final third and that isn't just going off yesterday , Paterson seems to be able to play those killer balls.   Holmes provides abit more tenacity but I think it will be a tight game and we will need the extra goal threat/  ability to play the ball in behind for Marriott that Paterson will offer over Holmes.  Would be tempted to play Lowe but it seems Malone is in good form now.

Archived