Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I think the problem is that our players are bang average and the manager is trying to play a possession based system that doesn’t suit them. Consequently the players look even worse than they are. Sadly we seem to have wasted an awful lot of money on yet another average player in Bielik when we would in all likelihood have been able to get 3 or 4 decent players abroad for the same money. We will lose some and we will win some but this season is a bit of car crash and we are a long way from being where we want to be. Hopefully cocu will be able to mould the kids into what he wants although the standard of u23 football is very poor and until we see them play against men we won’t know if they are any good or not! Onwards and upwards. 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

HT 1-0.
On chances alone, it should be 2-0. Curtis Davies at least partially at fault for both good chances.

But in terms of general play this has been an absolutely dire game of football. Neither team has any spark, or any energy - or any ability to string passes together in the opponents final third.

If a spark can be found, I think this game's for the taking still. We don't need to get much better to win this (although it'd be nice) - just play with more intensity. 

Bogle could have made more attempt to cover for the goal.

16 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That's your opinion but I strongly disagree. 

They tend to overreact a fair bit especially negatively and seem to be very polarised in the opinions.  They also have a tendency to completely focus in on the last 5s of the game without considering the wider context of the game.

I don't want happy clapping commentators but I really don't feel like I get an accurate view of the game from their commentary. 

It’s hard to tell unless you’re watching it with their commentary I spose.

Hope it’s not as poor as it sounds.  Didn’t sound like there was much to be positive about really .

Their moans do seem to reflect the groans on the Forum tho , so ?

16 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I was thinking this. Far too many passengers in this side. They’re not pushing themselves at all, it’s like they each expect someone else to put in the effort. 

2 weeks off and half of them still can’t be arsed. Said it after the Brentford match, this whole squad just reeks of a lack of responsibility, Too many think they can just amble through matches and it’ll all be alright. Too often we’re playing in third gear.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Not sure why people think bielik is a great midfielder. His touch is very heavy.

There is a lack of ambition and workrate in this team.

Its a lazy team that would rather pass the parcel than take on the responsibility to attack.

So far I can’t say I have been overly impressed with Belick this season mainly because in the championship I want an awful lot more for a reported £10 million spend for a defensive midfielder who occasionally plays at centre half and looks average  - then again Clarke was only playing league one football as well last season and looks frightened to death most of the time and our other signing Paterson is what he always has been and that’s average 

39 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

Well I've spent the last 45 mins trying to watch it on Rams Tv while sat in a bar in Spain.... thank feck its a pile of poo and doesn't work, i'm off for a gallon of sangria, laters amigos

38 minutes ago, GenBr said:

You cant watch RamsTv in Spain unless you are in Gibraltar

There's no problem watching the game in Spain today, unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Never seen such a poor midfield in my life

Our fullbacks and strikers are our only hope (hence martins goal vs leeds)

We carry two wide players in most games leaving the two left in midfield having to try and do everything 

5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

There's no problem watching the game in Spain today, unfortunately.

Another company has the tv rights in spain does it not? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I didn't thiink you could legally watch RamsTV in Spain this season.

image.thumb.png.931435e194b7f6754b48229e748955ec.png

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We carry two wide players in most games leaving the two left in midfield having to try and do everything 

For me let's try 442 this half with Waghorn up top and Lawrence and Paterson out wide, let's give it a go, an early goal could change the game completely. 

Archived