Luton Town (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Don’t think we were as poor as some are suggesting but many players today had off games. Maybe the game would’ve been different if we didn’t get a gift of a goal from Luton but I thought we looked so slow and happy to dither around with the ball at the back. That said, at times we created some good space for ourselves by knocking the ball around from the back and got forward quite well.

I thought Shinnie today was excellent and have to question why he’s not been involved more often this season. One of the few players today who tried to always play positively, and wasn’t afraid to put his foot in either. Hope to see the lad involved more.

Also thought Lawrence looked decent. Couldn’t fault his effort today, which is a step in the right direction for him. Nice to see him get a goal, too.

I keep on saying it, but I firmly believe that with a few extra additions and when things click we’re gonna be a real decent team. In Cocu we trust. Up the Rams!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

Roos - worrying but kept clean sheet

Bogle - best technical player in starting team - getting back to fitness. looking forward to him after international break.

Malone. not as good as Lowe. 

pearce - head and volley cb

davies - head and volley cb, leader

shinnie - gritty, combative midfielder /- what we needed. 

bielik - great one day 

lawrence - great goal - great heart to battle on injured till the end - didnt get booked

paterson - the link up man - needed 

martin - tired and poor passing - but still with ability to hold ball up.

josefzoon. no. no confidence. 

subs - all too late

Who is pearce ??

7 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

Roos - worrying but kept clean sheet

Bogle - best technical player in starting team - getting back to fitness. looking forward to him after international break.

Malone. not as good as Lowe. 

pearce - head and volley cb

davies - head and volley cb, leader

shinnie - gritty, combative midfielder /- what we needed. 

bielik - great one day 

lawrence - great goal - great heart to battle on injured till the end - didnt get booked

paterson - the link up man - needed 

martin - tired and poor passing - but still with ability to hold ball up.

josefzoon. no. no confidence. 

subs - all too late

Pearce?

35 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Poor game.  Great result (And prediction league points for 2-0, so an added bonus!)

Shinnie good in general.  Excellent first half.  FloJo seems to be getting worse as each game comes his way... and that from a poster who rarely notices individual performances, and never normally singles out players for poor performances!  The rest were all between "a bit meh" and "Whatever"!

Poor show from the fans for booing the keep-ball... and for cheering the occasional long punt by Roos, despite 100% of them going straight to the oppo!  Fans are their own worst enemy at times.

Any ref who can allow a free kick for off-side to be taken in the oppo's half is akin to a decorator stepping off his step ladders and putting his foot straight into the paint tin.  I ain't a fan of slapstick.

Now... I've given a lot of stick to certain (alleged) Drunk drivers this past 10 days or so... and to the club too.  I didn't want either of them playing before the court date, but have come to appreciate that I have no say in the matter, as a mere "customer".  I wasn't particularly impressed by either "apology" either, be that content, or timing.  I wasn't overly convinced either were genuine and heartfelt.  Thus far, I have neither boo'd nor cheered their names, or their actions.
However, from my vantage point half way up the upper tier, in the NE corner, I probably had a better view than 98% of people in the stadium... of just how much that goal meant to TL.  He looked absolutely drained.  A mixture of true relief and guilt.  He was almost apologetic for scoring, never mind anything else!  As much as I detest his involvement in those events that night, I felt for the lad, if I'm honest.  It was quite emotional stood there, politely applauding his goal, and witnessing his reaction up close and personal.  It almost bought a tear, if truth be told.  I can tell all those doubters... He is remorseful.  He is full of regret.  He is riddled with guilt... Either that, or he is one hell of an actor!

He regained... in part at least... a little respect back from me today, strengthened by his determination to thank all stands after the final whistle, before being the last but one to go down the tunnel.  That in itself took guts, imo.  Seeing him today, I suspect he's lost a little of that cockiness now.  Personally, I'd say that was a good thing.

Onwards and upwards.  There's a long way to go yet... on the pitch, off the pitch, and in the law courts... but despite the to-ings and fro-ings of the last week and a half, today was a step forward... and I'm glad I had the balls to turn up and witness it!

UTR

In hardly ideal circumstances, this could actually be the making of Lawrence as player, but also as a person. He’s shown a level of maturity in the last 2 games that have not been seen before. 

I didn’t think he should be playing yet, but he is and if he learns from what happened like he appears to be, then I can respect that.

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It was rubbish. And your like comes from the usual suspect who wasn't even there.

Why get bothered who likes what? 

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Why get bothered who likes what? 

Just pointing out that he's hardly an expert witness. You're setting the bar very low if that was 'perfectly adequate' .

Just now, RamNut said:

Just pointing out that he's hardly an expert witness. You're setting the bar very low if that was 'perfectly adequate' .

Fook me, I think you’re being a tad harsh..... that was adequate..... think you need a nice evening, and probably watch it back over the few days. We never needed to be out of 2nd gear 

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I remember the Leicester one but not the Green one. 

I forgot how horrible playing Leicester is. That was a rare highlight

The Green one was under Burley, just checked and it was his first game in charge back in 02/03, thought it was play off season though 

26 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

The recall is almost rain man esq sometimes. I had a short post last week replied to as utter garbage as I’d not remembered something from 3-4 seasons ago probably. I’m the same with memory as you it seems. The reply didn’t really have to say my post was “utter garbage “ could’ve just pointed out I was wrong. We all thought we would never get old ???

Was that me? ?

17 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Which seems to suggest you think you are. Hilarious, as is you throwing a hissy fit every time I like a comment you disagree with. A man of your advanced years ought to have a bit more self-respect.

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Your hyperbole game is strong!

Not sure Keogh's injury was even remotely life-threatening but cool story nonetheless. I guess Keogh as a 'grown man' could have made the decision to cab / walk home or not get in the car with someone who is pissed, maybe? Perhaps he could have even exercised some conytol as the club skipper and insisted cars were left at the pub, or that players called it a night earlier.

Quite a few alternative scenarios other than Lawrence being the Devil incarnate but who really cares?

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

He saw Keogh had an ACL and thought it mean anterior cranial lobotomy so was rightly worried about his fate.

Ironically, I think a minority of Derby fans have self-administered anterior cranial lobotomy's with the way they're reacting.

Archived