Luton Town (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Genuine question 

why has it taken 11 games, a tom Huddlestone injury and realisation that Dowell isn’t good enough for shinnie to be involved 

I question cocus thought process or at least would love to know the reasoning why ... purely out of interest, not having a pop just curious to know the logic when we’ve been so obviously craving some mobility and tenacity In that area of the park 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Genuine question 

why has it taken 11 games, a tom Huddlestone injury and realisation that Dowell isn’t good enough for shinnie to be involved 

I question cocus thought process or at least would love to know the reasoning why ... purely out of interest, not having a pop just curious to know the logic 

Cocu has said in the past that he needs to work on being a more technical player

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Genuine question 

I question cocus thought process or at least would love to know the reasoning why ... purely out of interest, not having a pop just curious to know the logic 

We don't get to see what goes on in training, though.

Some players take longer to settle than others. I suspect Shinnie has taken a lot longer to get used to Cocu's system because he's not played in a possession-heavy team before.

To be honest, though, I don't really care. He's got his chance today and taken it with both hands. 

I'd personally like to see a three in midfield:

- - - - - - Bielik - - - - - 

- Holmes - - - Shinnie - 

TobyWanKenobi
35 minutes ago, ramtique said:

Delighted we’re winning mate but just don’t wear the rose tinted spectacles some do! A ridiculous once in a lifetime og and a fluke - pretty much all we’ve had all afternoon going forward. Unfortunately we are what we are..  nothing better than a mid table side. It is what it is.. I’m not a wrist slasher at all - been supporting this club home and away 45 years. Never been bored enough to post during a game like I have today! 

2 up and you're bored! More bored than ever before at that! My, aren't you just a special one. 

1 minute ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Considering we’ve dropped a fair few points in games we should of won makes you think...

We've also gained a fair few points in games we had no right to win (brum at home/flukey own goal today etc). 

The season will have these kind of games, they tend to balance each other out. 

16 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Played 11 and only lost 2. Too many draws I know, but our points return has picked up in the last four where we’ve got more than half our current total. 

Yes...scored 2 flukey goals. Yes...kept a clean sheet. Yes...7 points from 9 this week. However, a dire 2nd half from Derby. I’m going home feeling deflated. No desire or hunger 2nd half. Is it our style to let a very average side have the ball and make us look 2nd rate? If so, I can’t see myself looking forward to this brand of football. 

The positive from today: Shinnie. Looks like a proper footballer. But otherwise we were woeful. I’m just telling it how I saw it. 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Genuine question 

I question cocus thought process or at least would love to know the reasoning why ... purely out of interest, not having a pop just curious to know the logic when we’ve been so obviously craving some mobility and tenacity In that area of the park 

Why did it take Bobby Robson a Butch Wilkins sending off and a Bryan Robson shoulder dislocation to play Beardsley and Lineker together in the 86 World Cup?

And similarly, an injury in the warm up games (I forget who to now) for Gazza to even make the '90 World Cup squad?

I'm showing my age I know, but most managers need an element of luck.

Let's just be glad he made the change. 

Just gone through this thread. I'll never be able to work out if I go to the same Derby County games as others.

I thought that was a massively improved performance and we were extremely comfortable. Martin had a poor game, but a few accurate passes and we would have had more.

We kept possession well in defence, were patient and looked in control. So why do our fans have heart attacks when we do it, its bizarre.

And as for Shinnie? Seth Johnson is back.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes...scored 2 flukey goals. Yes...kept a clean sheet. Yes...7 points from 9 this week. However, a dire 2nd half from Derby. I’m going home feeling deflated. No desire or hunger 2nd half. Is it our style to let a very average side have the ball and make us look 2nd rate? If so, I can’t see myself looking forward to this brand of football. 

The positive from today: Shinnie. Looks like a proper footballer. But otherwise we were woeful. I’m just telling it how I saw it. 

Glad someone else is honest and brave enough to say how they see it! Prepare to be shot down and insulted though! 

9 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Cocu has said in the past that he needs to work on being a more technical player

My counter to that would be

What about the other players being more mobile, tenacious and physical ? 

Surely it’s called having a balance 

not having a pop just playing devils advocate 

4 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

That’s been the problem with this club since the Mac 1 era. Too self indulgent with “technical players”.

Don’t get me wrong I love technical players like Mount, Hughes, Thorne, etc but we’ve valued them over the grafters that you need to get out of this division. This is not a division that you can be top heavy with technical players, in the Prem most certainly, but not the Champ!

Cocu needs to work out that this division is about horses for courses, you need a blend of gritty grafters and creative talent!

4 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Just gone through this thread. I'll never be able to work out if I go to the same Derby County games as others.

I thought that was a massively improved performance and we were extremely comfortable. Martin had a poor game, but a few accurate passes and we would have had more.

We kept possession well in defence, were patient and looked in control. So why do our fans have heart attacks when we do it, its bizarre.

And as for Shinnie? Seth Johnson is back.

Have u heard of the phrase Once bitten twice shy 

we do with good reason lol 

17 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Imagine grown men cheering a player who nearly killed our captain. 

Your hyperbole game is strong!

Not sure Keogh's injury was even remotely life-threatening but cool story nonetheless. I guess Keogh as a 'grown man' could have made the decision to cab / walk home or not get in the car with someone who is pissed, maybe? Perhaps he could have even exercised some conytol as the club skipper and insisted cars were left at the pub, or that players called it a night earlier.

Quite a few alternative scenarios other than Lawrence being the Devil incarnate but who really cares?

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

3 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Interesting.

Huge chance for Shinnie he needs to show what he can do. I’ve advocated for his inclusion in the past as I think he might bring some of the qualities that midfield needs and add balance.

I think this team is with an eye on the 3 games in a week and maybe to give a couple of kicks up the backside to a few others. We also don’t know who maybe carrying knocks.

Malone for Lowe is harsh on Lowe but I think Cocu prefers Lowe but just wants him to sit one out. 

Good job Wisdom is back as like him or not we don’t have any experienced defensive cover.

Hopefully this team can give Cocu a win 

Well, well, well what a surprise!

Been preaching this for what seems likes ages but finally Cocu has stumbled across a balanced midfield (it’s not just him we’ve struggled to find a midfield blend for a number of seasons despite having reasonable options) let’s hope he doesn’t rip it up when Hudds gets back.

If Mr Cocu needs any further advice I can send him my rate card!

Archived