Luton Town (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

20 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We don't get to see what goes on in training, though.

Some players take longer to settle than others. I suspect Shinnie has taken a lot longer to get used to Cocu's system because he's not played in a possession-heavy team before.

To be honest, though, I don't really care. He's got his chance today and taken it with both hands. 

I'd personally like to see a three in midfield:

- - - - - - Bielik - - - - - 

- Holmes - - - Shinnie - 

Oh I agree buddy 

I just don’t understand when Dowell looked so inept as he did alongside Huddlestone in a combo that was never going to work ... and didn’t it was rolled out as many times as it was

yet the energy that we’ve been lacking was sat there scratching its nuts under his nose 

There’s an image lol

couldn't agree more re bielik, shinnie, Holmes 

Love to see that

give me Rooney in the hole, Marriott off Martin and Bogle and Lowe giving exciting lungbusting width and I’m in dream land lol 

if only it was that simple lol 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-0, another game unbeaten, 4 points off the play-off slots, some players starting to show what they are about, notably Shnniesta who was immense today and looks very much deserving of a run in the side on that performance.

Perhaps the reported demise of Derby County FC was slightly premature after all?

COYR

12 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I enjoyed Shinnie’s performance today and have high hopes... however, we must always remember Bob Malcolm and treat all debuts with caution!! ?

Yep... my thoughts exactly!  I never go overboard on a good debut....Great first start but he's really got to do it for 8/9 matches...put in consistent performances. A few weeks ago everyone was raving about Bielik v bottom of the football league Scunthorpe.Fair to say he's been a bit in and out since. But Shinnie certainly looks like he could do a very good job for us going forward.

14 minutes ago, ramtique said:

Glad someone else is honest and brave enough to say how they see it! Prepare to be shot down and insulted though! 

Yh, it was a pretty dire performance, surprised to see that others thought we we played quite well saying much of the stadium was booing when we weren’t passing it forwards ?? ? but a win is a win. We looked like a team a bit void of confidence, although I’m not sure why. Shinnie was outstanding, he looked very technically sound so I’m not sure why so many said that he’s not technically good.

7 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Should be building the team around Shinnie and Bielik. I like them as a two. Bit too deep at times though, feel like Davies and Clarke should have pushed them up a bit. 

Luton played well and probably deserved something out the game. 

Kinda speaks volumes about how we actually played as a collective 

im sorry i seem negative atm I’m just really struggling to buy into this slow paced lack of tempo and purpose style of football 

I’m trying .. really  I am lol 

Thought Luton were at arms length throughout, not spectacular, not poor.... perfectly adequate. 

Shinnie MOM

Pato and Clarke played well

Luton will struggle, they haven’t got a clue final third

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Pedantic hat on but that's the 3rd time I've seen an og like that in our favour at Pride Park. 

One was Ashley Williams when I celebrated with an elbow to the missus' nose. 

She moaned for ages about it but she didn't understand how badly we needed something to cheer about

Not a massive amount to say about that one - two very lucky goals so we take them and move on

shinnie - at last we actually play a central midfielder who knows what to do - you know tackle, chase, be in the way, be in the correct positions with the occasional shot - eventually we will play our best team  

53 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Imagine grown men booing the team for keeping the ball when we’re 1-0 up.

Imagine grown men booing a man when he’s walking off injured.

51 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Imagine grown men cheering a player who nearly killed our captain. 

49 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Imagine assigning responsibility to Lawrence for Keogh’s injury. 

I think John Lennon is safe. Doesn't even rhyme.

10 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

FotMob has Lawrence as player of the match based on stats.

I'm sure that'll go down well ?

Goals inflate all stat based ratings.

Whoscored managed to keep Shinnie just ahead of Lawrence, which seems accurate to me.

TL had a good game. Maybe not 2nd best player good, but good.

Just now, whiteroseram said:

I couldn't make it today, out of interest how was the home reaction to Lawrence (before and after goal)? 

Subdued.

he got one chant from south stand though. 

36 minutes ago, ramtique said:

Glad someone else is honest and brave enough to say how they see it! Prepare to be shot down and insulted though! 

It wasn’t the most exiting match, I thought Barnsley was much more entertaining , but we needed 3 pts today as much as I needed a drink after Barnsley. So as I’m not shooting anyone down for not being overjoyed at the performance, I’m just pleased for the win, as the team isn’t really in the position to play entertaining football, we need to tread water, I think, until Cocu has a couple of transfer windows. Then I hope to see 3 pts and an entertaining game.

Archived