Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think that's the main thing. At the weekend, our fans knew it had been an awful week and gave the team support and backed them when they might not have. That's gone straight out the window, if it goes to poo tonight it's going to be poisonous. Stupidity.

Exactly, the atmosphere is gonna be awful now too. Just a stupid, stupid move by all involved. Genuinely making me question my support of the current board tbh. Doesn’t feel to me like the club is being run the right way.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Very surprised but we don’t know what their attitude has been like since the incident. I will always back our manager’s selection and hope others do too. 

That being said, I’d be naive to suggest that a good result isn’t crucial now. A lot of pressure is riding on this game as a result of Cocu’s decision. Let’s hope CM can lead us to victory.

If we win, then it’s a master stroke as it will have got their reintroduction out of the way.

Upon seeing the decision; it did make me consider that perhaps they are in a place of absolute desperation to make amends. Hopefully some light is shed pre or immediately post game; as to the thinking and as you say, their current state of mind.

Just now, Andicis said:

So surely, the logical decision is to leave them out until all of that is done? 

The club one might be done. We don't know - and this is exactly the point I'm trying to make!

We don't know yet. Let's hear what the club have to say for themselves first.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

The club one might be done. We don't know - and this is exactly the point I'm trying to make!

We don't know yet. Let's hear what the club have to say for themselves first.

We know for sure that the police one isn't, though.

In other news, Marriott being injured leaves us devoid of anything off the bench attacking wise, to win this we’re gonna need to get it wrapped up early. And bogle and Lowe start for what must be almost the first time together finally, let’s hope they work as a pair. Lowe will have his work cut out with mr dribble dribble dribble lose the ball and make no effort to get it back in front of him

Just now, Andicis said:

We know for sure that the police one isn't, though.

I feel like I'm going in circles, here.

Give the club the chance to explain this selection - that is all I'm suggesting.

By all means, if after they've explained it you're still not happy, then boo to your hearts content. 

Would love to hear the reasoning behind reintroducing the two of them so soon. From a squad perspective, this is undermining the discipline and attitude we expect. As a club, it’s sending out the wrong message to the fest of the world. As players, how is a week enough to repent, apologise to your teammates, and get your head ready to play? 

Can’t get on board with this.

if I were Jack Marriotts (& he’s not  actually injured for tonight’s match) and MB has been selected for tonight I would be smashing the door down of PC  office tomorrow demanding answers. 

JM is our best marksman in the club yet can’t catch a break under either managers during his time here WTF is going on ??

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Lawrence winner and subsequent finger to the lips celebration in front of the away fans will top this all off nicely 

A lawrence winner followed by a show of apology would be fairly strong, though. If we're talking hypotheticals.

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

if I were Jack Marriotts (& he’s not  actually injured for tonight’s match) and MB has been selected for tonight I would be smashing the door down of PC  office tomorrow demanding answers. 

JM is our best marksman in the club yet can’t catch a break under either managers during his time here WTF is going on ??

He's injured. OB let us know.

10 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

I feel uneasy with Lawrence and Bennett playing  a game before the court date. At least wait until the hearing, then make the decision. Just seems a little bizarre.

Cocus got some big balls, I’ll give him that.

Thing is, what’s the norm? Have other clubs suspended players/dropped them between arrests and court dates or have they just got on with it?

The morals of us as individual fans is much different that of an organisation, especially one we aren’t privy to all the ins and outs of

Just now, Sexydadbod said:

Really angry at that team. Saturday’s performance was our best of the season, not a coincidence without Lawrence and Bennett yet both of them go straight back into the squad despite the off the field criminal issues. What message does that send out. 

That Cocu really doesn't rate Jozefzoon, after all.

Archived