Clarke 6

Malone 8

Bielik 7

Hudds 7

Waghorn 8

Holmes 8

Lawrence 6

Marriott 6

Much better tonight though clearly a team lacking in confidence.

One home win and things will start to click.

Hopefully we'll stick with this line up for a decent run of games (+ Bogle).

Nice to see Chrissy come on, and the magnificent reception he received... proving his everlasting popularity amongst the non-interwebz DCFC supporters ❤... 

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 25,000 there tonight, hearing that family’s (2 adults, 2 kids) would be paying over £100 to of watched the game tonight, the attendances will only continue to drop while we don’t Win games of football especially at home.

4 home games, no win, 3 points from 12. Very poor. 

It was better tonight but again we’re left with the same problems as there were in the second game v Swansea! Waghorn missing chances, attacking play breaking down and mistakes costing goals. Why haven’t we learned.

Not expecting anything from next weeks game but Derby being Derby we will probably go there and somehow win.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

"Haha"

Weirdo. He's gave us so many joyous moments and that's how you talk about Derby players. 

Did you laugh when Malone put them in with a hospital pass or are you still sniffing his bum out. You love rimming him.

Martin did no better or worse than anyone else. The fact you have a raging hard on for Scott Malone and you cry into your soup whenever somebody on here mentions Martin should tell you something about yourself

Malone (who I like) has not done half as much for this club as Martin. I mean in that game he tackled Bielik. Me personally I didn't find it funny because I'm not a parasite like you. 

I bet you were relieved he missed that free kick. 

Like your weird banging on about Ashley Cole. Are you a grown man? These weird obsessions you have with individuals can't be healthy. Particularly when you seem so happy to hammer our own players. 

Why don't you just leave off trying to score internet points and go and bank over Malone posters

The Alpha Rant is back. All is well with the world. 

17 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

This was very much one of Clarke's strong points for Portsmouth, and trust me he was brilliant on the ball. Think you're making a very hasty judgement on someone that is pretty unwarranted. Do think he looked nervous, but once he settles he definitely has the ability. Plus he was vastly improved 2nd half, oh, and by the way, whoscored, who base everything on the statistical side of the game gave him MOTM. Think that's a bit excessive, but he wasn't bad tonight overall

I don't care how he played for Portsmouth, for us, he's been a mistake waiting to happen on the ball for a few games now. I don't care what whoscored gave him. I watched the game. He made me feel nervous and uncomfortable with how he played the ball, his passing was all over the place, he didn't come for the ball, he got caught out of position. Not at all impressed.

Lawrence had has obligatory good game on the opening day. I remember some of our fans coming out saying "where are all the Lawrence haters" since then he's offered absolutely nothing, scored 0 goals and picked up 5 bookings. 

To pick up 5 bookings in 7 games is scandalous. Wingers in this league will go the whole season without picking up 5 yellows. 3rd season here now and ice honestly never seen him have 2 good games in a row. I wanted him shipped out in the summer.

Bielik and Holmes look promising. Waghorn too.

7 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

Roos 5 Struggled when the ball was head height or higher. Missed chance to catch. Doesn't dominate enough for his size

Malone 6.5 Did well at times - poor positioning / decision making at times. Scored though

Keogh 6.5 Did what he does. Threw himself into blocks but got the wrong side of his man for the penno. Ran out with the ball well but nearly give the ball away when passing sideways.

Clarke 6.5 Good goal-line clearance but some errors with the ball and also nearly cost us with dodgy sideways passes

Lowe 6.5 did ok

Bielek 7 Looks a class apart. A decent game but it looks like there's a lot more to come.

Huddlestone 6.5 Did ok when it was 'Battle of the Giants'. Some decent passes but still looks too immobile.  

Holmes 7.5 Looked a threat throughout. Dangerous. One of the few who moved the ball between the lines and showed to get it back in a forward position.

Waghorn 6.5 Did what he does. Appreciated the crowd. Worked hard. Nearly scored from a handful of reasonable and half chances. But didn't.  

Lawrence 4 Unacceptable again. Flitted in and out. Looked quite interested when he had the ball. But when they took it off him he did little to get it back.  Usual petulant yellow card. Ship him out in January.

Marriott 6.5 Did what he does. Didn't get on the ball enough. Is it his lack of showing as Waghorn gets more. Looked very dangerous the few times he had chances. 

Zoon 6.5 Looked a threat when he came on - albeit a short run out

With the exception of Bielek and Holmes we look a mid table championship team. We need Bogle back and Marriott to click in a settled side. 

That’s because we ARE a mid table championship team 

7 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

Roos 5 Struggled when the ball was head height or higher. Missed chance to catch. Doesn't dominate enough for his size

Malone 6.5 Did well at times - poor positioning / decision making at times. Scored though

Keogh 6.5 Did what he does. Threw himself into blocks but got the wrong side of his man for the penno. Ran out with the ball well but nearly give the ball away when passing sideways.

Clarke 6.5 Good goal-line clearance but some errors with the ball and also nearly cost us with dodgy sideways passes

Lowe 6.5 did ok

Bielek 7 Looks a class apart. A decent game but it looks like there's a lot more to come.

Huddlestone 6.5 Did ok when it was 'Battle of the Giants'. Some decent passes but still looks too immobile.  

Holmes 7.5 Looked a threat throughout. Dangerous. One of the few who moved the ball between the lines and showed to get it back in a forward position.

Waghorn 6.5 Did what he does. Appreciated the crowd. Worked hard. Nearly scored from a handful of reasonable and half chances. But didn't.  

Lawrence 4 Unacceptable again. Flitted in and out. Looked quite interested when he had the ball. But when they took it off him he did little to get it back.  Usual petulant yellow card. Ship him out in January.

Marriott 6.5 Did what he does. Didn't get on the ball enough. Is it his lack of showing as Waghorn gets more. Looked very dangerous the few times he had chances. 

Zoon 6.5 Looked a threat when he came on - albeit a short run out

With the exception of Bielek and Holmes we look a mid table championship team. We need Bogle back and Marriott to click in a settled side. 

That’s because we ARE a mid table championship team 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't care how he played for Portsmouth, for us, he's been a mistake waiting to happen on the ball for a few games now. I don't care what whoscored gave him. I watched the game. He made me feel nervous and uncomfortable with how he played the ball, his passing was all over the place, he didn't come for the ball, he got caught out of position. Not at all impressed.

Maybe just maybe it would be better to wait for longer than three or four games (one of which he was absolutely excellent) before we start demanding a replacement

i actually remember a certain centre back you’re saying we miss taking a little while to get going last season...

11 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Only 25,000 there tonight, hearing that family’s (2 adults, 2 kids) would be paying over £100 to of watched the game tonight, the attendances will only continue to drop while we don’t Win games of football especially at home.

4 home games, no win, 3 points from 12. Very poor. 

It was better tonight but again we’re left with the same problems as there were in the second game v Swansea! Waghorn missing chances, attacking play breaking down and mistakes costing goals. Why haven’t we learned.

Attendances are always lower when its on TV and on a Friday night.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Once again, hasty. Tomori was equally shaky this time last season. You're already talking about replacing a player after 5 games, come on mate! I think a sample size of over 120 games for portsmouth is a greater indicator for what type of player he is then 5 games for Derby, and even in one of those games (Huddersfield) he was absolutely outstanding. He also had the greatest pass accuracy out of any player on the pitch and had the most touches. Overreacting 

Just now, nottingram said:

Maybe just maybe it would be better to wait for longer than three or four games (one of which he was absolutely excellent) before we start demanding a replacement

i actually remember a certain centre back you’re saying we miss taking a little while to get going last season...

The issue is, Clarke had a bad game, and who do we put in there to replace him if we wanted to? We don't have a good enough backup. Curtis is even worse than Clarke on the ball. I still think we need to sign a LCB, because I don't think Curtis can be relied on to play out from the back, and I'm not convinced Clarke is good enough. He had one good game against Huddersfield. He cost us both goals at Stoke. He had a shocker at Forest. For me, he had a shocker tonight. 

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Lawrence had has obligatory good game on the opening day. I remember some of our fans coming out saying "where are all the Lawrence haters" since then he's offered absolutely nothing, scored 0 goals and picked up 5 bookings. 

To pick up 5 bookings in 7 games is scandalous. Wingers in this league will go the whole season without picking up 5 yellows. 3rd season here now and ice honestly never seen him have 2 good games in a row. I wanted him shipped out in the summer.

Bielik and Holmes look promising. Waghorn too.

Odd thing about Lawrence is how Sky wax lyrical about him. Presuming they must've seen the highlight reel with his odd moments of brilliance. Clearly play being consistently broken down through him and no end product for weeks at a time doesn't make the highlights. He could be a player for someone else but I wouldn't personally miss him. Would wish him well too, just don't rate him as highly as others do.

One good winger and one good cm away from a top 2 side next season

Cocu can experiment this season, just a respectable middtableish season and plan on summer already

Work out Rooneys best position for next season

Work out who he wants to keep and who he wants to get rid

Find a few youth players who could be of use (e.g squad players like knight cant see us unearthing another bogle or hughes tbh)

Finishing 8th is the same as 20th in my book, please please to god dont sack cocu mel if we have a "poor" season pointswise

While we could have won it, I thought is was another abject performance. Slow, predictable football with a lack of ideas for the most part.

Clarke looked as nervous as I’ve ever seen a player in the 1st half on the ball and was extremely poor. Thought he was better 2nd half.

Lawrence was poor again. Undoubted talent, however decision making is letting him down. Doesn’t give the ball when he should and im over seeing him attempt them free kicks.

Penalty aside, thought Keogh was good again with Bielik, Holmes, Malone putting in decent shifts.

Reminded me of the Clement & Mac 2 days with 1 striker isolated. We have to play 2 Center Forwards in my opinion to allow us to get more pressure on the ball higher up the pitch and give us more options to play into. We are getting very little from our wingers anyway, so I think it’s time to go with the 4-4-2 diamond again.

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Great goal line clearance kept it at 1-1.

Just now, LB_DCFC said:

Once again, hasty. Tomori was equally shaky this time last season. You're already talking about replacing a player after 5 games, come on mate! I think a sample size of over 120 games for portsmouth is a greater indicator for what type of player he is then 5 games for Derby, and even in one of those games (Huddersfield) he was absolutely outstanding. He also had the greatest pass accuracy out of any player on the pitch and had the most touches. Overreacting 

120 games for Portsmouth, at a level lower than the one we're currently playing. How much stock can you take in performances in divisions below? How good did Ince look at Championship level? And how often did it translate to Premier League success? See: Gayle, Vydra etc. He had a good game against Huddersfield. I was impressed. He hasn't looked good since. Stats often paint a different picture to the game that can be observed. Defenders usually have the highest pass accuracy, because they play safe passes. He's lucky he didn't gift Cardiff a goal tonight, he made a mistake for 2 of Stoke's, had a shocker at Forest too. 

Archived