Cardiff City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

My thoughts on tonight's game, I thought we played some good stuff, Bielik could be one hell of a player, Keogh was very good again, for me Roos is poor, Huddlestone needs taking out the team, once a great player, but his best days are behind him, thought Dwayne Holmes was excellent, trying to make things happen all the time, we had our chances to win, and you can see what Cocu is trying to bring to the team, a positive things will get better, after Leeds we have games like Brum, Barnsley and Luton which we will win, think  we are 3 players off getting promotion, so next year could be that season, but if we are in a good position when Wayne arrives then who knows because Wayne will improve us so so much, he will retain the ball, score goals, create and drive the team on. Let's all stay positive good times ahead.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

But with loan players, do you have time to be patient? Isn't that the point of loan players, to make an instant impact, and if they don't, shouldn't you be questioning the signing of them? With long term signings like Bielik, I can understand being patient. But with Clarke, he's been brought in for instant success. Otherwise by the time he hits form he'll be back off to Brighton and we won't have got much use out of him. 

Well, we were patient with Tomori, and we saw how that turned out. He started poorly, too, and once he adapted, he was excellent

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I have a strange feeling in my loins that this will be a "Stimac" season.

Or it could be gastro-enteritis ?

No mate I feel the same, Bielik will drive us on like Stimac did, it will all get better and better, would love it to start against Dirty Leeds. Now that would be a perfect start to shut the mouthy Leeds scum up.

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

Don’t agree with that at all Roos was fine, Holmes and Keogh were out best players . Marriott didn’t really get a look in , Waghorn played well especially in the first half. Clarke worries me he was our worst player, seems to lack confidence as did Lowe but he got better. Lawrence was in and out, wouldn’t say he had a bad game but he didn’t pull up any trees either. Malone got better after his goal.

thought we were sucked into playing hoof ball in the first half and played better in the second, in part because we passed it out from the back. 

Another hour I will be back home in Reading 

Roos was awful. I think @Woodley Ram only gave him a 5 because his 1,2, 3 and 4 buttons were broken. 

Unsure coming out, shaky hands and punches when he should be catching. 

Not only does he punch too often, but he either doesn't do it cleanly or he's got the power of Monty Burns before his afternoon nap. 

I've seen his 6 pack, so I'm guessing it's either the former or he's playing with an undiagnosed broken and bicep tear. 

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Roos was awful. I think @Woodley Ram only gave him a 5 because his 1,2, 3 and 4 buttons were broken. 

Unsure coming out, shaky hands and punches when he should be catching. 

Not only does he punch too often, but he either doesn't do it cleanly or he's got the power of Monty Burns before his afternoon nap. 

I've seen his 6 pack, so I'm guessing it's either the former or he's playing with an undiagnosed broken and bicep tear. 

Almost like....we shouldn’t have got rid of Carson because he is better...?

shaded this one .  Probably should have won .  Awful ref . Need to speed up still to utilise Marriott properly . Too much palpitation play at the back.    Holmes and Bielik pick of the bunch .  Please find a different option to Lawrence 1 game in 5 is now 1 in 10 , he is going backwards.  Roos wilts like a Dahlia in winter under the slightest pressure, he just needed the Benny Hill music tonight . Can we have Man Citys number 3 back ?

42 minutes ago, Andicis said:

But Tomori was clearly showing improvements each game. Clarke is regressing.

Fine. i see I'm not going to change your mind on this, but I'll leave it with this. This happened with wilson last season too, he wasn't good until late september/ early october. Quite a few suggested similar with him as you are with Clarke. Footballers are humans too, moving players have to adapt to their new environment like any other person changing jobs would. He's been here barely a month. Similar to Cocu in a few ways, done some things well, done some things badly, but I'm not making a total judgement on the man with such a limited sample size. Doesn't make sense to do so. Same with Dowell. He hasn't been good so far (that we can agree on!), but at least allow him the time to adapt. If, by 20 games he's still showed no signs, then consider his position. You never know, he and Clarke could come good by then! There's possibly a multitude of other reasons why Clarke isn't at his peak currently that extend further than he's not very good. Time is the most valuable thing, but so often isn't afforded.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Almost like....we shouldn’t have got rid of Carson because he is better...?

I know, right?

Carson had a shaky patch before he got injured and that can happen to any player, but supporters are less forgiving with keepers because they can't just disappear like a player such as Lawrence can. 

And that's not a dig at Lawrence, merely an observation. 

Roos has never performed even remotely close to the level Carson was week after week, month after month. 

He's our single biggest weak link imho. 

Cheers everyone for the updates.

1. Warnock praises the ref post-match; a clear indication that the official was worked on by Colin pre-Ko.

2. Malone from zero to hero. Madame football once again shows she’s a fickle mistress.

3. A huge roar for Chris Martin. That would’ve been goose-bumpery for me too. 

4. Signs that Derby are showing some green shoots. I suspect that Waghorn will notch 15-20 goals this season. We just need to find some rhythm and perhaps a decent addition in midfield. Surely Cocu can conjure up a maestro from somewhere.

5. So all in all a good night. I ate a pizza the size of a car wheel for 3 Euros whilst keeping tabs on the Rams. 

6. Keep the faith. Ciao! 

6 hours ago, Derby blood said:

My thoughts on tonight's game, I thought we played some good stuff, Bielik could be one hell of a player, Keogh was very good again, for me Roos is poor, Huddlestone needs taking out the team, once a great player, but his best days are behind him, thought Dwayne Holmes was excellent, trying to make things happen all the time, we had our chances to win, and you can see what Cocu is trying to bring to the team, a positive things will get better, after Leeds we have games like Brum, Barnsley and Luton which we will win, think  we are 3 players off getting promotion, so next year could be that season, but if we are in a good position when Wayne arrives then who knows because Wayne will improve us so so much, he will retain the ball, score goals, create and drive the team on. Let's all stay positive good times ahead.

Spot on

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I felt like Warnock owes us some money. We turned up to watch football and he tried to show us a game of pretend injuries, constant time wasting and hoofball. 

Has he forgot two dives from his own players? Or the penalty we never got?

Dry your eyes Neil. Blaming refs for your shortcomings got old when you was at Sheff United. 

6 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I saw it as a bit more of a mixed bag tbh 

As u say there was much to be encouraged about especially bielik and Holmes the latter I though was excellent and quite simply miles ahead of Dowell for me 

my concern is how we are so inept at some of the basics, how many times was a ball allowed to bounce, go unchallenged through hesitancy, communication is a basic skill, some of the loose passing Keogh and Malone both had a moment each they’ll want to forget giving away needless possession in horrendous areas to do so that on another day costs us 

Lawrence is still a truly frustrating enigma and despite the endless clamours from many quarters for Marriott to start I’m still unconvinced he’s the most suitable candidate to be playing alone up front from the off 

For what it’s worth I’m dying to see him playing off someone in a two aka Leeds second half 

While it was a huge improvement on Brentford ... not hard, I’d rank that one as ok but we still have a lot to do 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Cheers everyone for the updates.

1. Warnock praises the ref post-match; a clear indication that the official was worked on by Colin pre-Ko.

2. Malone from zero to hero. Madame football once again shows she’s a fickle mistress.

3. A huge roar for Chris Martin. That would’ve been goose-bumpery for me too. 

4. Signs that Derby are showing some green shoots. I suspect that Waghorn will notch 15-20 goals this season. We just need to find some rhythm and perhaps a decent addition in midfield. Surely Cocu can conjure up a maestro from somewhere.

5. So all in all a good night. I ate a pizza the size of a car wheel for 3 Euros whilst keeping tabs on the Rams. 

6. Keep the faith. Ciao! 

Re article 5...Eat many of those and you'll end up the size of the car it came off!

41 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I felt like Warnock owes us some money. We turned up to watch football and he tried to show us a game of pretend injuries, constant time wasting and hoofball. 

Has he forgot two dives from his own players? Or the penalty we never got?

Dry your eyes Neil. Blaming refs for your shortcomings got old when you was at Sheff United. 

It amazes me he didnt complain about out goal, sky were convinced it should have been disallowed.

But how he thinks Lawrence should have had a red i have no idea, if that was a red so was the non penalty tackle on Waghorn.

Still no idea how Peltier didnt get sent off. This is what annoys me with officials had he not already been booked without a doubt he would have booked him.

Archived