Cardiff City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

6 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Yes. OK. We get it. You don't like Lawrence.

He just reminds me off a spoilt brat who thinks he better than who he is..that’s all..doesn’t mean I don’t like him I’m just saying how I feel about him..is that ok by you to say that 

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Lawrence costed us as much as all 3 put together.

Inflation exists. my friend. Davis and Earnshaw both cost about the same as lawrence did, and were both much much worse for Derby then Tom is, even though Tom is incredibly frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Draw a fair result, glad Lawrence is missing for the Leeds game. 

To me that just seems a perverse view. Derby looked miles the better team. Very unlucky not to win. Including shocking big decisions got wrong by the ref that would likely have seen us win. 

Nervous first half but a much more composed second.

Well done to Clarke and Waghorn for a huge improvement after the break.

Midfield balance much better overall tonight, and Bielik was an animal and just what we need.

Malone and Lowe very good. Lawrence crap again, but we're coming up to the 9/10 game mark so he's due another good one since the opening day.

I know it may sound like a cop out but I do think fine margins are against us at the moment. The goal tonight was arguably the first time deflections/confusion etc went in our favour. Compare that to Billy Davies' season when I regularly left the ground laughing out loud (literally) at how we somehow contrived to win.

I hope this is a sign it's coming together. 

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Played well enough and deserved to win the game. Not much luck with the officials but swings and roundabouts.

Need to stick with this team and system now and stop fiddling with the team 

I think this is absolutely crucial. We looked so shaky and nervous in that first half. The more this team play together the better they will get. Comfortable in themselves because they’re confident with the players round them. 

Should have won that but I'm not too disheartened. Played well in patches but team still looks as if its learning to play together, a few individual errors & our midfield of course never having played together before. That said, Bielek and Holmes were excellent but believe they'll get even better.

That for me is our best team bar Bogle coming back into the side. If we can keep consistency of selection, we'll start picking up results. No doubt about it. 

Good also to see Jozefzoon make a positive impact from the bench & of course, Martin back. I personally don't see him as a regular starter but a great option to have in certain games. Onwards & upwards.

It's very frustrating because I feel like we should have more points on the board this season.

Two missed penalties, one-on-one vs Stoke, penalty decision not given today and 30 seconds later Cardiff get one... 

It would be very, very unlikely for all those things to go our way, and you could probably pick opposing examples such as Joe Allen missing from two yards, but things really could be much different.

1 win in 7 but we deserve more. With a full strength side, we'll go on a run before long. The issue is when you've not won for a while is you need it to come asap, and next up is Leeds away. With Bielik finally able to start in midfield, we're able to see his quality. Hopefully this'll allow Keogh and Clarke to form a better partnership as it must've been difficult for Clarke to have a decent start at Derby, then just get dropped so Bielik can be eased in to the side.

Get Bogle back, move Lowe to LB and we're already a much, much better side. It'll come with time, I just hope Cocu can get the time because a defeat in our next game will cause the quiet groans to get that little bit louder.

16 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ref has surely cost us this game for terrible errors. Josefzoon clean through and pulled back by Peltier, already on a yellow. Freekick but not even a yellow. 

Not long before Holmes poleaxed on the edge of their area. No foul. 

The (lack of) penalty the pivotal decision. Refs have to get the key match-changing decisions right. 

what about the waghorn free kick, no contact??

4 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I'll give you Earnshaw and Davies, but Sammon only cost £1.2m. (Can't believe I'm here justifying that signing..)

Yeah but we paid £1.2m for a player worth a tenth of that. At least if we sold Lawrence we'd get more than half of what we paid for him back! Especially as £1.2m was basically our whole budget back then

Just now, Nick_Ram said:

Haha anyone want to see the Chris Martin compilation video from that game?!

Cocu may aswell have thrown the towel in by taking Marriott on and purting him on.

"Haha"

Weirdo. He's gave us so many joyous moments and that's how you talk about Derby players. 

Did you laugh when Malone put them in with a hospital pass or are you still sniffing his bum out. You love rimming him.

Martin did no better or worse than anyone else. The fact you have a raging hard on for Scott Malone and you cry into your soup whenever somebody on here mentions Martin should tell you something about yourself

Malone (who I like) has not done half as much for this club as Martin. I mean in that game he tackled Bielik. Me personally I didn't find it funny because I'm not a parasite like you. 

I bet you were relieved he missed that free kick. 

Like your weird banging on about Ashley Cole. Are you a grown man? These weird obsessions you have with individuals can't be healthy. Particularly when you seem so happy to hammer our own players. 

Why don't you just leave off trying to score internet points and go and bank over Malone posters

Improved performance for sure and some positive signs. Beilik and hudds look fine together in the centre with Beilik and Holmes giving it some much needed pace, power presence and direct running through the lines. Lowe is doing well and Malone had a good game too.

Lawrence was poor again and Clarke was very up and down. Waggs also had a Jeykle and Hyde performance with Marriott left isolated at times.

Definately some good signs and bogle coming back should help the balance. Today’s issues seemed to centre on the forward and central defence. We need to work on those areas, maybe swap Clarke and Davis might help and Lawrence being banned might be an unexpected positive given his form.

Archived