Message added by Day

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LERam said:

Happy with that!!

Great debut from Clarke

Lawrence looks like a player

If you swapped Huddlestone for Bielik and Evans for Shinnie I think it will only get better.

Feel like Jozefzoon is doing ok and needs games maybe but if we got a top quality creative winger we could be really in contention

Or are Huddersfield that poor??????

They´re not, just can't handle the high tempo of this Derby side.  i already like Cocu's style, this is great football

Decent first half by us. Good in possession and we’re recycling the ball well. Need to make better decisions sometimes in the final third mind if we’re to create more chances.

We of course never make life easy for ourselves Mind, and we still look quite vulnerable in defence, and Huddersfield seem to be cutting us open at will with pace far too often. Need to tighten up or we could throw this away yet. By that I mean stop them cutting through midfield so easily, not necessarily in defence itself.

He used to be sh!te but now he's alright... Tom Lawrence.

Assuming that he'll do more of the same this season.

Clarke seems to know not to freeze when they are attacking from what we've seen so far

Roos still looks to have an embarrassing mistake in him

Zoon must have the negatives for the new coaches - again.

Some commanding midfield play and some good attacking stuff so far

over and out

This is really really promising. 

There's a real purpose about the way we move the ball. Even at the back it's there's a menacing patience about us. 

Clarke looks like the first CB we have had in Keogh's time at the club that could be a better all round player. That's no insult to Keogh either. If this is the standard of Clarke then Brighton will be jumping for joy watching this. A defender very similar in style just set a world record. Incredible first half.

I mean if Lawrence hadn't been greedy on several occasions then this could be a better score. Not complaining though. He's getting better as the half has gone on. 

Deserved lead. Bravo ?

Matt Clarke looks like he should be playing in the PL. Super composed on the ball and has a great one touch pass when balls are being pinged to his feet. Absolutely dominating in defence, already cleared a few corners for us!

Reminds me a bit of Harry Maguire with runs through midfield to break lines of pressure, but can also thread a ball to the players up front. This is going to be a great season.

Need to re-compose ourselves now and ensure we take all 3 points. Played the better football and kept their chances to a minimum. Only on Huddersfield to take the game to us and we should be able to put this to bed if we come out on all cylinders and don't let them back in to the game COYR.

Archived