Andy King

BagRam

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Why shouldn't we judge him based on his most recent appearances alongside Derby players, as opposed to performances five years ago with an entirely different group of players alongside him?

I'd be very disappointed if there's any truth in this. Firstly because I don't rate King as he is now, and secondly I think it would show a real lack of ideas among Cocu and his coaching team if they haven't identified their own targets and are seemingly happy to settle for someone identified by our previous coach.

Because he's played a grand total of 90 minute's for us. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, harwich ram said:

Good God I hope not he's  got to be one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Derby shirt  and in over 45 years I've seen some crap players

Can't have seen many games in those 45 years then if he's one of the worst players you've ever seen.

Even though cant judge on his stint here,... this is an example of a panic signing. Old injury prone CM, who hasnt played games for a while... wouldnt add anything other than experience to our team. Better of playing sibley instead

Well Lampard clearly wanted hin and if Cocu wants him too then I am more than happy for us to sign him, they clearly know more than any of us on here. 

Not all loans have to be young exciting players, steady experienced players are also needed in this league

He joined us on the back of an injury-ridden last couple of seasons then didn't even last a month before another longish injury put paid to his loan. A decent player, particularly at Championship level but loans should be signed with the intention of being in the starting line-up - King is too high a risk of being a wasted loan.

Please god no on King... Not what we need and we have 3 players to rotate in bird, knight and sibley. 

The only cm we should be signing is a physical presence. 

His fitness is a concern and I agree him in his prime is on par with Bryson and johnson. We've just let them go on a free (Johnson taking a decent hit on), would be a collossally stupid transfer window

3 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

The first thing I would want to know is does this twitter account have any credibility? Is he ITK or have any track record of being a reliable source? “Sean@seanfromenderby” could just be a Leicester fan who knows no more than we do

I agree. We have BagRam suggesting yesterday that there could be much news today, and all we get today is a dodgy twitter link.  There was a time that this forum insisted on reliable sources. This thread smacks of any old gossip will do at the moment to give us something to talk about.

1 hour ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Now that would actually be an exciting signing. If not a bit similar to Knight and sibley 

Pure fluke, I just googled footballers called Bishop and this is what came up (besides Ian Bishop of course). Shows that I know more about football when I'm not even trying I guess.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Because he's played a grand total of 90 minute's for us. 

He played 150 minutes. In that time I didn't see any indication that he could be an important player for us. He was largely anonymous in his two starts away at Ipswich and Forest, contributing to two of our poorer performances of the season. All the flaws that were creeping into an aging Bryson's game were readily evident in King. A poor range of passing, taking the safe option to always go back or sideways, no longer having the legs to effectively chase the ball down, far less of a goal threat than earlier in his career, increasingly injury prone. Add to those a general lack of mobility and I really don't see what he's going to bring, for what would presumably be Premier League wages.

1 hour ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Please god no on King... Not what we need and we have 3 players to rotate in bird, knight and sibley. 

The only cm we should be signing is a physical presence. 

His fitness is a concern and I agree him in his prime is on par with Bryson and johnson. We've just let them go on a free (Johnson taking a decent hit on), would be a collossally stupid transfer window

So, all of a sudden Bird, Knight and Sibley are ready for the first team. 

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

I'd say Knight reminds me a little of Bryson, with a lot more ability and potential. I'd have him in that role sooner than King.

Lol. Short memories. Bryson scored some absolute belters and was a rock for many years.

knight has shown a few nice touches in about 45 minutes of action in friendlies?

Archived