Andy King

BagRam

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

neither Sibley or Knight are DM in my mind. 

But King certainly isn’t a defensive midfielder. At his peak (about 5-6 years ago) he was a goal scoring midfielder who made decent late runs into the box. He hasn’t done that in years. He’d be a very poor signing, not the loan that is required. I’d take James from Leicester if he could stay fit, he’s the type of midfielder required I feel. 

35 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Lol. Short memories. Bryson scored some absolute belters and was a rock for many years.

knight has shown a few nice touches in about 45 minutes of action in friendlies?

Bryson hasn't been good since 2014 as far as I'm concerned. He was pretty technically limited and could only play the way he faced. Knight looks a lot more comfortable on the ball. I'm confident Knight will turn into the better player of the two.

What about the lad who was at Wigan last season and was really strong at PP Reece James I think his name was....he was decent ...I’d rather have him on loan and Frank owes us a loan or two 

5 hours ago, Saity said:

What about the lad who was at Wigan last season and was really strong at PP Reece James I think his name was....he was decent ...I’d rather have him on loan and Frank owes us a loan or two 

I wouldn’t hold your breath, mate. Not sure we’ll get many favours from him now. 

8 hours ago, Saity said:

Crystal palace pushing hard to sign him pal .. will be tough to compete with a prem move.

12 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

So, all of a sudden Bird, Knight and Sibley are ready for the first team. 

Unless we are playing 271 all the midfielders wouldn’t play at once, we need one at most to be ready to play first team football alongside dowell,  shinnie and huddlestone/a new combative midfielder. Even then they would be a sub... signing king would take those youngsters off the subs bench and fully away from the first team squad except in the case of injuries

10 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

neither Sibley or Knight are DM in my mind. 

Exactly as people have said, neither is king. Exact similar role to the youngsters 

10 hours ago, RamNut said:

Lol. Short memories. Bryson scored some absolute belters and was a rock for many years.

knight has shown a few nice touches in about 45 minutes of action in friendlies?

Poor response, sure he hasn’t shown anything like that in the first team yet but having watched a lot of the youth games he does have similar attributes and a keen eye for goal and to be fair to him he did show that at one point during the game against girona when he made a ‘Bryson like’ run into the box which Huddlestone picked out and almost scored from. 

All the poster said was he reminds him of Bryson with a little more about him, fair comment imo. 

24 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Poor response, sure he hasn’t shown anything like that in the first team yet but having watched a lot of the youth games he does have similar attributes and a keen eye for goal and to be fair to him he did show that at one point during the game against girona when he made a ‘Bryson like’ run into the box which Huddlestone picked out and almost scored from. 

All the poster said was he reminds him of Bryson with a little more about him, fair comment imo. 

Reminds me more of Hendrick (not just because he’s Irish)

1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

Poor response.....All the poster said was he reminds him of Bryson with a little more about him, fair comment imo. 

No..he said "with a lot more ability" (than Bryson)

I'm just trying to remind a few folk that bryson showed plenty of ability.

Archived