Andy King

BagRam

1 hour ago, Shang said:

Huddlestone is not a defensive midfielder, he's a deep lying playmaker. If you actually watch the games during pre-season he moves up and down Very slowly interchangeably with the other midfielders. It's clear Cocu is not setting us up with a traditional central defensive midfielder but a more fluid midfield in the "total football" mindset. Anyone can push up as long as someone steps back to cover, hence we saw Bennett play as a CM during the Burton game and Huddlestone was in the "10 position".

Huddlestone is staying in the team and is important for the upcoming season. Cocu clearly rates him for his vision and one-touch passing within tight spaces. He's been given licence to roam vertically so he can use his quick thinking in more attacking positions and we're putting in two dynamic midfielders to help cover for this. Knight, Sibley, Shinnie, Dowell and King are very much box-to-box with the characteristics to put in a shift in anywhere in the midfield.

My only concern is whether or not King can last most of the 90, it might be till January till we get any full 90s from him.

Added a couple of words in bold 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

His physical conditioning has enabled lots of people to draw/speculate their own opinions. The timescale of his injuries should have resulted in him being in better condition. So I ask myself has he the aptitude or desire to achieve more ……………… or not as the case may be.

It's about time people stopped fantasising about him, he needs to apply himself to his conditioning.

When and only when he is up to speed can we assess his abilities.

Wow - thanks Doc  - great to have your level of medical knowledge on the forum.....

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Wow - thanks Doc  - great to have your level of medical knowledge on the forum.....

Another George Thorne Love In

Do you realise Thorne suffered Cruciate Ligament injuries January 2013 and July 2014 and a fractured leg in May 2016

If you can't assess his physical conditioning on the rare occasions he has played then that's down to you.

Suffice to say its now July 2019, over 3 years since his fractured leg and over 5 years since his cruciate injury.

So it's not unreasonable to say perhaps his attitude/desire are not what they should be for a professional footballer looking to recover his place!

21 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Do you realise Thorne suffered Cruciate Ligament injuries January 2013 and July 2014 and a fractured leg in May 2016

If you can't assess his physical conditioning on the rare occasions he has played then that's down to you.

Suffice to say its now July 2019, over 3 years since his fractured leg and over 5 years since his cruciate injury.

So it's not unreasonable to say perhaps his attitude/desire are not what they should be for a professional footballer looking to recover his place!

Well injuries take time to heal spacail those ones but like my condation I have I cant get better from.

29 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Utter tripe - I happen to think that it's unlikely he'll ever play for us again because his body simply can't cope with the demands of professional football - but that's an opinion. The odd times he has played since his injuries suggest that he can't get anywhere near the level he needs to be at - but whether that's physical or psychological is between him and his doctors/the club medical staff.

You're spouting ballcocks as if it's fact with no actual knowledge of where his recovery actually is or what is causing him to struggle - and as such, you should be embarassed.

5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Utter tripe - I happen to think that it's unlikely he'll ever play for us again because his body simply can't cope with the demands of professional football - but that's an opinion. The odd times he has played since his injuries suggest that he can't get anywhere near the level he needs to be at - but whether that's physical or psychological is between him and his doctors/the club medical staff.

You're spouting ballcocks as if it's fact with no actual knowledge of where his recovery actually is or what is causing him to struggle - and as such, you should be embarassed.

So it’s ok for you to speculate based on you’re opinion. 

But it’s not ok for me to form my own opinion based on my facts and my own eyes when watching him. 

Basically you contradict yourself. 

The dates of his injuries are fact. 

Its over 5 years since his cruciate injury. 

Its over 3 years since he broke his leg. 

So I think in the balance of probabilities that his desire to rehabilitate and put the hard yards in regarding his physical condition are fair. 

But you continue you’re love in 

On 30/07/2019 at 14:06, Hathersage Ram said:

It's a distinct possibility that it is a mindset/attitude issue.

I am not dismissing his injury record, but his progression from these injuries does lay him open to speculation.

As does his general fitness and condition

On 30/07/2019 at 14:27, Hathersage Ram said:

His physical conditioning has enabled lots of people to draw/speculate their own opinions. The timescale of his injuries should have resulted in him being in better condition. So I ask myself has he the aptitude or desire to achieve more ……………… or not as the case may be.

It's about time people stopped fantasising about him, he needs to apply himself to his conditioning.

When and only when he is up to speed can we assess his abilities.

The irony of you attacking @Jourdan for speculating about Gareth Bale's character, for you to go on to denigrate George's is laughable.

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The irony of you attacking @Jourdan for speculating about Gareth Bale's character, for you to go on to denigrate George's is laughable.

Thought the following response to @Gaspode was a bit 'special' too...

22 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

So it’s ok for you to speculate based on you’re opinion. 

But it’s not ok for me to form my own opinion based on my facts

?

12 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

?

12 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

?

If you had bothered to understand what my point was, the original poster stated was

"But for me, I am not really sure what the club and the fans really expect - you can’t give the guy an unbelievable contract and pander to the guy’s every want and need, and then be surprised when the guy opts to coast through life."

If the poster thinks this, then it does show a jaundiced view. To think that if you give any professional in any career an amazing contract/offer then not expect them to justify themselves through hard work, effort, improving their skill set then that's just plain wrong!

"Special" definitely comes to mind regarding you though

Time to calm it chaps, I know how it feels , a ‘poster’ recently said things I thought were not nice.

The written  word  can often have multiple meanings.

one thing I have always liked with this forum is that all are free to comment and even if you don’t agree with those comments then we respect them as fellow Rams ? 

28 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Time to calm it chaps, I know how it feels , a ‘poster’ recently said things I thought were not nice.

The written  word  can often have multiple meanings.

one thing I have always liked with this forum is that all are free to comment and even if you don’t agree with those comments then we respect them as fellow Rams ? 

I blame Frank - since he raised our profile, we've got a lot of new posters on here who seem to mainly be posting in order to provoke arguments or wind others up. I try not to respond but occassionally a case of Grade A gibberish will prompt a sarcastic response - as such I'd like to apologise to @Hathersage Ram for stupidly suggesting that he may be medically qualified - though my apology should probably be directed to the NHS.....

On a more serious note, I'm finding the site to be pretty tiresome recently - hopefully the new season will give everyone something better to focus on...

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

If you had bothered to understand what my point was, the original poster stated was

"But for me, I am not really sure what the club and the fans really expect - you can’t give the guy an unbelievable contract and pander to the guy’s every want and need, and then be surprised when the guy opts to coast through life."

If the poster thinks this, then it does show a jaundiced view. To think that if you give any professional in any career an amazing contract/offer then not expect them to justify themselves through hard work, effort, improving their skill set then that's just plain wrong!

"Special" definitely comes to mind regarding you though

There is a distinction to be made here. I am not saying that Bale shouldn’t work hard in training or on the pitch. Clearly if you are paying someone in excess of €500,000 a week to play football, you expect them to perform on the pitch. 

100 goals in 230 games and numerous trophies won would suggest this was never in reference to his playing ability.

I am talking about his lifestyle off the pitch. The way he lives. The way he integrates. The level of responsibility he takes. The tasks he delegates.

My point was that clubs and fans can’t be surprised if a player decides to live ‘an easy life’ because if you have given them everything, the motivation, the drive, the incentive to live the right lifestyle is invariably no longer there.

Archived