Andy King

BagRam

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Really hope not. Injury prone, old, probably on fairly high wages. Should be everything we're against now, give Knight and Sibley the chance, don't sign King.

Agree , mel and cocu said in the press conference they will only sign quality in positions we need if theres no potential to step up from the academy and we need a stronger signing in midfield personally 

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

Agree , mel and cocu said in the press conference they will only sign quality in positions we need if theres no potential to step up from the academy and we need a stronger signing in midfield personally 

Don't mind so much if we sign a player that will improve what we have, but Andy King wasn't any better than for example Bryson who we let go. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Don't mind so much if we sign a player that will improve what we have, but Andy King wasn't any better than for example Bryson who we let go. 

I love Bryson but King was a much, much better player at this level. Judging him off 4 appearances which amounted to roughly 90 minutes total, after having only played 6 u23 games and 18 minutes in the FA Cup that season for Leicester is very unfair.

Just now, lrm14 said:

I love Bryson but King was a much, much better player at this level. Judging him off 4 appearances which amounted to roughly 90 minutes total, after having only played 6 u23 games and 18 minutes in the FA Cup that season for Leicester is very unfair.

I don't see it personally. We're talking about old history if we're speaking about King in the Championship, he's been relatively poor in the Premiership with less than 30 appearances a season every year since Leicester were promoted. I think he's very comparable to Bryson in playstyle and ability. Both past their best. I don't see why we'd get rid of one and sign another.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't see it personally. We're talking about old history if we're speaking about King in the Championship, he's been relatively poor in the Premiership with less than 30 appearances a season every year since Leicester were promoted. I think he's very comparable to Bryson in playstyle and ability. Both past their best. I don't see why we'd get rid of one and sign another.

Think you've just said it yourself. Comparable to Bryson but I'd say he still had a couple of years in him. Shinnie replaced Johnson. Dowell replaced Mount but we haven't really got someone in the Bryson mould. 

I would be very underwhelmed by this signing. King has hardly played any football for the last season and a half. Not the sort of player we should be looking to bring in, in my opinion. Much better loan targets available for that position. We need dynamism in midfield, King does not provide this. 

4 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Think you've just said it yourself. Comparable to Bryson but I'd say he still had a couple of years in him. Shinnie replaced Johnson. Dowell replaced Mount but we haven't really got someone in the Bryson mould. 

I'd say Knight reminds me a little of Bryson, with a lot more ability and potential. I'd have him in that role sooner than King.

Archived