Chris Martin fitness

On 09/07/2019 at 11:15, rynny said:

Ninos left when Rowett did. After a year of bigging him up and saying what a tactician he was, at his dream job that he would never leave etc etc etc 

?

Ninos DM'd me to say he was wrong to say dream job, and that he wish he'd played Vydra at Fulham.    ??

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Ramos said:

When he got to 64 goals (I think he has 64 in all comps) I thought he was going to be the first Derby player ive seen reach 100. Since that obvs 3 years have past where he’s barely played. I’d love nothing more than two more 20 goals seasons so he can do just that. Wishful thinking but a man can dream. 

Hey martin can get old form back even last night showed this.

Sith Happens

I would be happy with a Martin in form. He could play 20 games and not score and still be our best player, genuinely excited thinking of him with the likes of Marriott and lawrence buzzing around,  the space he could create for them could be a huge gain for them.

Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Blackman would have looked good up against that lot B4.

Always one who exaggerates,  next you will be saying jo brand has a good chance of winning miss world ?

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not getting carried away but I did think last night showed us something positive. I remember going to chesterfield away in pre season under Nigel Pearson and there was no clear sign of tactics, players looked confused and could barely put 2 passes together. I came away very worried from that game and it followed into the season. I don’t think there’s always a correlation between preseason and the season but I think last night was positive for a first pre season friendly and hopefully we can build from there ?

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Martin will create other places plus he can hold the ball.

Need to see more against real opposition our u23 would have hammered them and maybe U18 would have got a result.  GT and CM both looked ok in the reserves last year.  Hope they make the step up but nothing proven yet

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

Need to see more against real opposition our u23 would have hammered them and maybe U18 would have got a result.  GT and CM both looked ok in the reserves last year.  Hope they make the step up but nothing proven yet

What about the rest of our players that looked okay, have they got to step up too?

52 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

A Blackman who looked handy shooting in Florida would probably attract the wrong sort of attention mind?

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Always one who exaggerates,  next you will be saying jo brand has a good chance of winning miss world ?

That's Ms world to you, chauvinist pig.

?

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What about the rest of our players that looked okay, have they got to step up too?

No. Both have something to prove and i am surprised you chose not to recognise it.  You know a lot about dcfc and I agree with many of your views but the blinkered support of the 2 is puzzling.  I hope they prove me wrong but I have my doubts

12 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Apparently Miss World is no longer about the swimwear. It is more about the personality, so yes I will be putting a wee bet on Jo.

42 minutes ago, Spanish said:

No. Both have something to prove and i am surprised you chose not to recognise it.  You know a lot about dcfc and I agree with many of your views but the blinkered support of the 2 is puzzling.  I hope they prove me wrong but I have my doubts

A new manager - they all have something to prove. Martin, Thorne, Anya, Fozzie, Holmes (?), Wisdom (?) also have fitness issues to prove. Whether Cocu keeps all, any or none of the above will be down to how they play for him, not how long they've been at the club nor even how much they're being paid.

33 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Thought Chris looked ok tbh, limited opposition notwithstanding. George less so, though but perhaps that's to be expected given how few games he's had since returning from injury.

Did you watch the whole game? I thought from the highlights he looked good - A couple of good interceptions, a couple of good passes and seemed confident bringing the ball forward - Seemed like most of the second half highlights involved him starting off the move (rather than Huddlestone) - But then all I saw was that 3-4 mins of second half highlights

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Did you watch the whole game? I thought from the highlights he looked good - A couple of good interceptions, a couple of good passes and seemed confident bringing the ball forward - Seemed like most of the second half highlights involved him starting off the move (rather than Huddlestone) - But then all I saw was that 3-4 mins of second half highlights

From about 15 minutes in. He wasn't bad by any means but he still looks like he's carrying a bit of weight and a tad off the pace to my eye. Not to say a full pre-season won't help mind. I'd dearly love to see him back to his best or close at least. An absolute prince when he's right.

On 06/07/2019 at 13:48, ThePrisoner said:

My only issue with Chris Martin is what would people think if we signed someone now who had the seasons he has had the last few?

I loved the man back in the day, he’s been a great servant. If he comes back better than ever, then great, but I just can’t see it now. 

I totally respect your view; but I can see Martin back as he was before. The other players in midfield have to work the ball into him like Bryson and Hughes did; when they did that Derby clicked. I think Cocu is perspicacious enough to see that. With Marriott on Martin’s shoulder we could have a lethal combination. It just needs to be worked at & hopefully the pre-season games will illustrate that. I have faith that Cocu will have a Plan A, and Plan B and a Plan C; that’s the Dutch way; they are the Maschsters of pragmatischms.

Archived