Bradley Johnson - Signed for Blackburn

Sheikh n Bake

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Sounds like BJ couldn’t wait to leave, at times life was hard for him here

He was on a massive contract and opted to move on instead of renewing at reduced terms. That's business and he's been a decent enough player for us. I don't really see what's meant to have been so difficult for him about playing at Derby. Some people on the internet criticized his performances, break out the violins.

33 minutes ago, Anon said:

He was on a massive contract and opted to move on instead of renewing at reduced terms. That's business and he's been a decent enough player for us. I don't really see what's meant to have been so difficult for him about playing at Derby. Some people on the internet criticized his performances, break out the violins.

And lots of flack at games, especially early on and you could see how that affected him. 

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We seem to be haemorrhaging midfielders and getting nobody in .  We have one centre half and another who has not played for a year .  Is nobody concerned about this .  Only one true centre forward as well .  

If Frank hadn't gone to Chelsea I'd have been worried about the lack of activity, but it's our new manager's first day.  Let's give it a while before losing our collective poo eh

scared panic GIF

Reading some of these replies I feel like BJ is getting some harsh treatment due to the fact he wasn't 'early George Thorne'.

He was asked to play a holding role and he did a job for us. He wasn't as technically gifted as other players but I bet the CBs will have their work cut out for them next season as he used to win so many first balls just in front of them, particularly headers. 

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

He was asked to play a holding role and he did a job for us. He wasn't as technically gifted as other players but I bet the CBs will have their work cut out for them next season as he used to win so many first balls just in front of them, particularly headers. 

Nah don't worry we've got Shinnie - He looks massive right?

Bit of an out the blue one really, didn’t hear much about any negotiations with Blackburn since we heard he was in talks with us over a new deal! Must say I’m a little wary of him going to another championship team, he’s still capable at this level- we’ve replaced him now though. Decent deal for Blackburn that in the short term for a couple of years. Great servant to the club, and slightly under appreciated due to the size of his fee enhancing fan criticism. Had some great games, and great runs in the team- in amongst some horrendous ones. Gave everything tho so wish him all the best and will remember his time here for a while to come yet. Cheers Bradley!

A bit sorry to see Bradley leave as I liked his swashbuckling football and goal celebrations.  

I hope he does well at Blackburn (except aginst us) as he seemed a popular member of the squad and always gave his all. 

I am a little bit worried on the eye candy front too because so far Lampard and Johnson out versus Cocu and Shinnie in is a big deficit, in my opinion! 

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

A bit sorry to see Bradley leave as I liked his swashbuckling football and goal celebrations.  

I hope he does well at Blackburn (except aginst us) as he seemed a popular member of the squad and always gave his all. 

I am a little bit worried on the eye candy front too because so far Lampard and Johnson out versus Cocu and Shinnie in is a big deficit, in my opinion! 

Some of us can see past the nose, angie.

With great difficulty, mind.

We signed him to play box to box midfield in a 4-3-3 and score goals for a club record. He scored less goals in 4 years with the club that he did in 1 season at Norwich. And he never had the legs to play that role in the 4-3-3.

As he wasn’t very good there and due to injury to Thorne, we tried to convert him to holding midfield role under Mac2 which he did ok for a few games then was nowhere near it. He didn’t work either in the two with Huddlestone under Rowett. 

However this season under Lampard although missing a large chunk of the season has been his most consistent for me. But he still showed his limitations, notably his lack of technical ability which I’m not sure would fit with Cocu. And he was on big money, need the wages off the bill!

His time at Derby was underwhelming for the most part with good moments. I also don’t think it’s really his fault, he couldn’t control the price tag and I think he was just the wrong signing for 4-3-3. I’d have kept him for another season if the deal was right but he’s probably had a better offer so good luck to him, but I’m glad another one of those 15/16 signings has gone with Blackman and Butterfield to follow.

Initially overvalued by the club and probably by the end slightly underrated by the fans.  On big money and if the any of the rumours are true - crazy money at this level. Probably not a good enough passer of the ball for how we intend to play in the future. But he was brave and honest enough.

Did well at the end of last season but then we’ve seen that in the past when guys are playing for a contract.

For the first 7 or eight game he was here I thought we had great value for money .  Then he had a stinker away at Forest when we lost 1-0 and was never quite the same apart from the odd patch here and there .  Actually played quite well out wide for a while under Rowett which was kind of his position at Norwich .  Still not sure why he left - on Radio Derby on Tuesday  it was I love it here, great team spirit,  if we get a new manager looking to impress and looking forward to finalising contract .  Very strange pre season .

Archived