Bradley Johnson - Signed for Blackburn

Sheikh n Bake

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Best of luck to him. Up and down Derby career but I'm glad it ended on the back of probably his best performances in a Derby shirt. I think it's the right move for everyone. 

Agree but always thought he was given a bum deal by his Managers until Frank got the best out of him. At least it ended on a high, like someone else said his fee is a big factor in some people’s judgement to me, which is a bit unfair on Brad.

To get around a reported million is not bad but shows how much of a bad deal the original fee signing him was.

Reckon he will do well for Blackburn and fit Mowbray’s style well.

8 minutes ago, JfR said:

Blackburn's website says he's moved on a free

Which is why I was having trouble believing the talk of £1m fee. The 12 month contracts that he, Butterfield and Blackman signed sounded more like temporary deals albeit 12 months, whilst they found new clubs. 

Never sounded like deals which they would be playing for the club under which is why Bradley Johnson was in talks over a new deal recently.

Wish him all the luck though, the money we paid for him was never his fault.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

We’ve already signed his replacement on a free transfer....

We've signed a defensive midfielder and although Johnston did play there it's not his role , to replace him in his stronger position aka more of an attacking midfielder we would struggle to replace him with 1mill 

3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

We've signed a defensive midfielder and although Johnston did play there it's not his role , to replace him in his stronger position aka more of an attacking midfielder we would struggle to replace him with 1mill 

It’s where he’s primarily played, you can argue it’s not his best position, at the age he is now I don’t know if I’d agree, the great season he had playing further forward was what? 4 years ago? 

Archived