Bradley Johnson - Signed for Blackburn

Sheikh n Bake

Did well last season but its time to move on.

the above comment about biting, spitting or diving is totally unwarranted. I'd have no trouble with it if he'd smacked joe allen ?

Best wishes at blackburn city.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the best to him. I wanted him to leave at the end of his contract unless he was to take a huge pay cut, but seems likely to have found a home in Blackburn. We do lose that height in the middle of the park, but we will no doubt be signing a midfielder or two this summer.

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We seem to be haemorrhaging midfielders and getting nobody in .  We have one centre half and another who has not played for a year .  Is nobody concerned about this .  Only one true centre forward as well .  

Not concerned.  Cocu can assess our youth to see whether any ready to step up. Then once he's considered that we'll get in some loans or transfers.

We're ok up top: Martiott, Waghorn and Bennett can all play there (assuming Martin not brought in from cold)

We do need a CB but Wisdom, Evans, Huddz, Forsyth can all play there too

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Personally think we would need to spend 5+ plus to get someone of the same quality in this over inflated modern day transfer market 

We already have Shinnie, Huddlestone, Thorne, Evans and Bird fighting over 1/2 DM roles. Expect another to leave as well.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We already have Shinnie, Huddlestone, Thorne, Evans and Bird fighting over 1/2 DM roles. Expect another to leave as well.

If the reports are true that Cocu likes to play with 2 CAMs then he will want a proper CDM so I can’t see Huddlestone fitting the bill. Expect him to be shipped out

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If the reports are true that Cocu likes to play with 2 CAMs then he will want a proper CDM so I can’t see Huddlestone fitting the bill. Expect him to be shipped out

I think you might be right- I suspect there's some Mel influence going here relating to age of squad and looking for profits in transfer dealings as a long game. I've always enjoyed Tom's composure on the ball but so many matches are won at high intensity it does make you  think there is only so much space for "maestros" in that sort championship match.

32 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We seem to be haemorrhaging midfielders and getting nobody in .  We have one centre half and another who has not played for a year .  Is nobody concerned about this .  Only one true centre forward as well .  

Chill, we've got Cocu

Archived