Bradley Johnson - Signed for Blackburn

Sheikh n Bake

12 hours ago, angieram said:

A bit sorry to see Bradley leave as I liked his swashbuckling football and goal celebrations.  

I hope he does well at Blackburn (except aginst us) as he seemed a popular member of the squad and always gave his all. 

I am a little bit worried on the eye candy front too because so far Lampard and Johnson out versus Cocu and Shinnie in is a big deficit, in my opinion! 

Priorities ?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, angieram said:

A bit sorry to see Bradley leave as I liked his swashbuckling football and goal celebrations.  

I hope he does well at Blackburn (except aginst us) as he seemed a popular member of the squad and always gave his all. 

I am a little bit worried on the eye candy front too because so far Lampard and Johnson out versus Cocu and Shinnie in is a big deficit, in my opinion! 

No need to worry, we got Gorgeous Thorne back! 

If the reports of the fee are correct, I think Blackburn have got an absolute steal there. I also think it's a bit odd that Cocu's been given no time to have a look at the lad as he finished the season in really good form. He's had untold flak on here for a player who always worked really hard for the team but I suppose we never really unlocked the kind of form he'd shown in Norwich's previous promotion season. To my mind, he seems like a grafter and a nice lad as well, so I wish him well at his new club. 

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

If the reports of the fee are correct, I think Blackburn have got an absolute steal there. I also think it's a bit odd that Cocu's been given no time to have a look at the lad as he finished the season in really good form. He's had untold flak on here for a player who always worked really hard for the team but I suppose we never really unlocked the kind of form he'd shown in Norwich's previous promotion season. To my mind, he seems like a grafter and a nice lad as well, so I wish him well at his new club. 

I always felt he just never quite fitted here as well as the fee being an albertos round his neck. But a powerful midfielder who I think will have a decent time at Blackburn

40 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I always felt he just never quite fitted here as well as the fee being an albertos round his neck. But a powerful midfielder who I think will have a decent time at Blackburn

The more I think about it the more I wonder whether Bradders himself has engineered the move. I can't see that Cocu has come in and thought the first thing he needs to do is get shot of the lad. 

Like you I think he'll do OK at Blackburn but they look certain to lose Dack this summer so one wonders how they'll fare overall. 

23 hours ago, angieram said:

I too am sorry to see Bradley go.

Van der Weerden though ?

8 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Must have written into the ffp avoidance deal perhaps.

I’m relatively sure that Cocu will have run his eye over every player through match recordings long before signing and considered if Johnson was going to be a player worth keeping and would have raised concerns about losing him. As he’s not going to fit into flowing passing football (I hope!) then he’s surplus to requirements.

I feel he was massively under rated by a lot of people on here.

He was a grafter who put in a shift everytime.

Someone mentioned a 6/10 player, I think the real workhorse midfielders rarely get more than that unless they score.

Personally I felt a little bit safer if he was in our midfield and to be fair those last few minutes in the Leeds away playoff semi he did look absolutely on his last legs.

Thanks Brad, all the best,

plus as several have said he is on huge wages, did he not take an additional one year on a reduced salary ??

Archived