What a great forum!

Half fan

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Boycie said:

Sexist!

Well, it's also sexist not letting girls talk about football if we've not played it. Although it wasn't you who suggested it, so I was just pointing out I'd be on dodgy ground if that was the case. ?

Hopefully none of you enlightened individuals on here, but you'd be surprised how many comments of that nature still get thrown about. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Well, it's also sexist not letting girls talk about football if we've not played it. Although it wasn't you who suggested it, so I was just pointing out I'd be on dodgy ground if that was the case. ?

Hopefully none of you enlightened individuals on here, but you'd be surprised how many comments of that nature still get thrown about. 

Despite you tending to lean on the positive side and him not being afraid to let rip, I would argue that you and @Alpha provide the best insights on this forum in terms of pure analysis of Derby games. I hope you've never been put off by ignorant comments.

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

You don’t like it do you!?

45 minutes ago, europia said:

I appreciate your forgiving nature, but personally I think a firm example needs to be made in this situation.

The good example would be to educate youngsters that what their idols did was wrong. But also show them that we need to understand the reasons, possibly mental health issues (eg. death of a parent) that may be a contributory factor to the wrong doing.

Life is not straightforward; it's complicated. We should use this situation to teach youngsters that what the players did was wrong but that there would be reasons behind it. Even if it's simply that a young man gets a thrill by getting bladdered to the extent that they're incapable of making a sensible decision, it could be used as an exercise/school project for children to explore the issues around that.

It would be great if those players involved show remorse and play a part in the education processes.

19 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Despite you tending to lean on the positive side and him not being afraid to let rip, I would argue that you and @Alpha provide the best insights on this forum in terms of pure analysis of Derby games. I hope you've never been put off by ignorant comments.

That's very kind of you and one way to ensure a pint of dark fruits coming your way when we do eventually meet!  ?

I've given up searching #dcfc and #dcfcfans on Twitter recently in favour of using this Forum to read the views of Rams fans. God, Twitter is a hell hole of knee-jerk, uninformed nonsense these days. Not to mention the slew of Leeds and Forest fans currently using those hashtags to gloat. 

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

The DerbyTelegraph values my privacy so much that I cannot read a line of text before I have to accept cookies. I have given up on signing for cookies on any site This forum is brilliant, Thank you David.

No cookies on here... I think a certain someone sits at home all day eating them as fast as the internet can get them out on the cooling tray!  Probably burns his fingers too, as the molten choc chips ooze out!  

21 hours ago, IslandExile said:

The good example would be to educate youngsters that what their idols did was wrong. But also show them that we need to understand the reasons, possibly mental health issues (eg. death of a parent) that may be a contributory factor to the wrong doing.

Life is not straightforward; it's complicated. We should use this situation to teach youngsters that what the players did was wrong but that there would be reasons behind it. Even if it's simply that a young man gets a thrill by getting bladdered to the extent that they're incapable of making a sensible decision, it could be used as an exercise/school project for children to explore the issues around that.

It would be great if those players involved show remorse and play a part in the education processes.

Equally important, it wouldn't be a idea invest time explaining to youngsters how badly their idols acted, but only received a slap on the wrist as punishment (should that be the case) 

On 01/10/2019 at 12:40, Rampage said:

The DerbyTelegraph values my privacy so much that I cannot read a line of text before I have to accept cookies. I have given up on signing for cookies on any site This forum is brilliant, Thank you David.

Wtf is that all about? I never used to have any problem with cookies. Cookie away I say. The only problem I have with cookies now is how bloody often I’m asked if I’m okay with cookies! I’m guessing I’m in the majority too. So the very phew constant moaners who took issue at having there inconsequential data recorded by a website, cos they’re clearly so important that mi5 is stalking their every move, have made it more irksome for the majority to use the Internet.

Pain in the arse. 

On 30/09/2019 at 20:16, Mucker1884 said:

To keep things ticketyboo, ship-shape, and of Bristolian fashion, can we please take it as read that the following is a given, and is therefore no longer questionable...

Every single one of us have been convicted of drink driving, and have caused physical injury to at least one of our colleagues... ergo, each and every one of us is entitled to comment on recent events.

Every single one of us have been filmed by a work colleague vomiting in the toilets of a public house and/or asleep in a drunken stupor...ergo, each and every one of us is entitled to comment on recent events.

Every single one of us have been  so shattfaced that we have gratefully accepted a lift home from an equally shattfaced friend/colleague/relative/mad axeman in a very plush and powerful motor... which unfortunately ended with trips to both a hospital and/or a police charging desk, (depending on whether you were in the front or the back)... ergo, each and every one of us is entitled to comment on recent events.

...And whilst we're at it, can we also assume... without question nor accusation... that each and every one of us have played professional football to at least Championship (or old Div. 2) standard.  We have all missed more penalties than we have scored.  We have all won international caps and each have an FA cup winners medal.  We all cook (and eat) to cordon bleu standards 7 nights a week, and we all have more hair on our knees than on our heads. 

Enough of the personal jibes and accusations now folks.  If we all have to be fully qualified before we can comment, this forum will die on it's ar5e!

Is this a game of ‘never have I ever?’

i was doing quite well til you got to the footballing and cooking parameters. 

17 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Is this a game of ‘never have I ever?’

i was doing quite well til you got to the footballing and cooking parameters. 

Never have I ever... heard of that game!  Just had to google it, as I thought you'd just made it up!  It seems you didn't!  LOL!

Archived