What a great forum!

Half fan

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Gotta say the forum and Mel's development of late has been miraculous. I'm not criticising Mel for his past decisions but there were certainly some that we questionable. 

But of late all the decisions seem to be in the right direction, the forum seems to be giving a real voice to the fans and Mel's willingness to communicate with the forum gives us hope that he actually sees what is said here. 

Props to @David as well. I'm yet to see any other forum (for Derby or otherwise) that has truly utilised technology to link the club to the fans. An example many clubs should seek to follow. 

I do wonder whether on some of these decisions were entirely down to Mel. I'm not saying it was Rush's doing but since he has left a lot of the decision making seems to be more sensible across the board. 

With Rush at the club within the 4 seasons he was here we had 7 managers in charge, 5 of which we sacked and 4 of which we sacked mid season. After which we've had two managers neither of which were sacked and there was every impression that they would go onto the next season had they not chose to leave. 

Also you can make the argument that transfer activity calmed down a lot after Rush left. Now that could have been to do with needing to reign  in spending but we had a period of really overspending  on players and handing out long contracts to boot and that all stopped after Rush left and we were still acquiring players of a comparable quality from similar markets.

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Is this the point where @David says,

"This is my forum. I have a contract (out on @Boycie). I'm just off on holidays with the other half for a couple of weeks, but then it's back for pre-season and a freshen up with new faces"

Its 24:00 and he's still not denied any of it...

?

Look. I saw what you lot did to McClaren, so I went out and got a tattoo, 29th January 2009 look it up, the day this place was born. If that’s not commitment I don’t know what is. 

And yes my forearms are thin, I have no need for the gym with my personality.

Also the X at the end is a little wonky but that’s what you get when you get it done on the cheap, blame the ad block users.

B852FAEB-54E3-4F50-951C-68D68037D292.jpeg

16 minutes ago, David said:

Look. I saw what you lot did to McClaren, so I went out and got a tattoo, 29th January 2009 look it up, the day this place was born. If that’s not commitment I don’t know what is. 

Also the X at the end is a little wonky but that’s what you get when you get it done on the cheap, blame the ad block users.

Sorry, which finger did you have that on?

6 minutes ago, David said:

I used to like you. 

Sorry boss. BTW, I have been researching earlier and can confirm that Cocu is pronounced "coe coo" in Netherlandic dutch language.

Just seen Boycie buying you some Tulips from the 24 hour garage shop. Should be renamed the 48 hour shop really...

7 hours ago, David said:

His other arms like Brock Lesner.

Archived