What a great forum!

Half fan

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all of this week's debacles, The thing to me that as shone out is the common sense and passion expressed through this forum.

Of course I have my own views on this weeks "news" but i must say that even content I have disagreed with has been well thought through, sincere and balanced.

Well done to the mods and everyone who has contributed, it has convinced me that there always be life and soul in our football club, whatever mischief befalls it.

This forum has become the conduit for all this expression and long may it continue,

COYR

Appreciate the words, although I'm personally a little disappointed over the number of posts that have been removed and members warned over the last 24 hours.

18 warnings in total have been issued with 3 members now serving 30 day post restrictions.

There is a reason we have asked members not to speculate, create or share unverified rumours from social media, not to hide anything or help the club in anyway to brush this under the carpet.

Just to make it clear there has been no requests or contact from the club to remove any content, this is all on me 100% and if you are not happy at being unable to share potentially libellous rumours then you are free to leave at any time and have your account removed, I am not going to sit back and allow any member to jeopardise the future of this forum which many fans enjoy using everyday.

These players have been arrested and charged, committed crimes and are due in court next month to stand trial, people really need to stop and think about what they are posting and sharing. Nobody is above the law sat at home behind a keyboard anonymously. 

The vast majority of members have behaved impeccably and I thank you, I would also like to thank the moderators who also have full time jobs, spending so much time online to keep on top of the forum is appreciated more than you will ever know. I really couldn't do this without you.

It's been a difficult couple of days, hard to digest what has gone and and without a doubt the darkest time I have experienced whilst running this forum. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Appreciate the words, although I'm personally a little disappointed over the number of posts that have been removed and members warned over the last 24 hours.

18 warnings in total have been issued with 3 members now serving 30 day post restrictions.

There is a reason we have asked members not to speculate, create or share unverified rumours from social media, not to hide anything or help the club in anyway to brush this under the carpet.

Just to make it clear there has been no requests or contact from the club to remove any content, this is all on me 100% and if you are not happy at being unable to share potentially libellous rumours then you are free to leave at any time and have your account removed, I am not going to sit back and allow any member to jeopardise the future of this forum which many fans enjoy using everyday.

These players have been arrested and charged, committed crimes and are due in court next month to stand trial, people really need to stop and think about what they are posting and sharing. Nobody is above the law sat at home behind a keyboard anonymously. 

The vast majority of members have behaved impeccably and I thank you, I would also like to thank the moderators who also have full time jobs, spending so much time online to keep on top of the forum is appreciated more than you will ever know. I really couldn't do this without you.

It's been a difficult couple of days, hard to digest what has gone and and without a doubt the darkest time I have experienced whilst running this forum. 

Much agreed. I’ve been away from the forum for a month or so, but I came back today and the toxicity and general profanity of the sub was startling to me. Worst I’ve ever seen it, though I can’t say I’ve been around for that long. People arguing over the whole situation is pointless- everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the matter and there’s no point lingering over it now. If we want to bring positivity back into the forum we should stop arguing and start to back the lads against Birmingham, because my god does this club need to catch a break. 

26 minutes ago, David said:

One rule of the forum is you don't discuss warnings/bans!

I'll be disappointed if @Boycie doesn't make it 4 members serving posting bans, to be honest.

I don't mean me, by the way!

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

One rule of the forum is you don't discuss warnings/bans!

I'll be disappointed if @Boycie doesn't make it 4 members serving posting bans, to be honest.

I don't mean me, by the way!

You used to be my favourite poster too.

But after spending time with @Cisse tonight, you’re number 2.

I don’t mean poo by the way.

14 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Much agreed. I’ve been away from the forum for a month or so, but I came back today and the toxicity and general profanity of the sub was startling to me. Worst I’ve ever seen it, though I can’t say I’ve been around for that long. People arguing over the whole situation is pointless- everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the matter and there’s no point lingering over it now. If we want to bring positivity back into the forum we should stop arguing and start to back the lads against Birmingham, because my god does this club need to catch a break. 

To be fair, although there have been plenty of differences of opinion, I think the conversation has been remarkably civil for such an emotive topic.

2 hours ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

After all of this week's debacles, The thing to me that as shone out is the common sense and passion expressed through this forum.

Of course I have my own views on this weeks "news" but i must say that even content I have disagreed with has been well thought through, sincere and balanced.

Well done to the mods and everyone who has contributed, it has convinced me that there always be life and soul in our football club, whatever mischief befalls it.

This forum has become the conduit for all this expression and long may it continue,

COYR

Blink if you need us to rescue your cat from the mods. We understand.

Real wrongs have been done here. Lives put in danger, role models fallen off their pedestols, a great club servant ruining his reputation and careers being damaged.

It's no wonder feelings have ran high. Nevertheless, some of the reactions have been truly over the top.

I love this forum... The humour and shared love of a football club have helped me survive some tough times recently.

Nevertheless, I am saddened that not everyone is ready to appreciate that people make mistakes - mistakes that can sometimes be gravely serious.

Anyone can make a mistake. Heck even I do - difficult though that may be to believe ?. The important thing is learning from it. I really hope these guys do.

Though they should be disciplined, the club should not sack them and walk away. Instead, the club should offer them the support they need, there is a duty of care. So that, with that help, they can learn from their mistakes and make amends.

I fear that some of the reactions on here are a reflection of these Brexit times, with threats against MPs and so on.

Please, let's be better than that.

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Real wrongs have been done here. Lives put in danger, role models fallen off their pedestols, a great club servant ruining his reputation and careers being damaged.

It's no wonder feelings have ran high. Nevertheless, some of the reactions have been truly over the top.

I love this forum... The humour and shared love of a football club have helped me survive some tough times recently.

Nevertheless, I am saddened that not everyone is ready to appreciate that people make mistakes - mistakes that can sometimes be gravely serious.

Anyone can make a mistake. Heck even I do - difficult though that may be to believe ?. The important thing is learning from it. I really hope these guys do.

Though they should be disciplined, the club should not sack them and walk away. Instead, the club should offer them the support they need, there is a duty of care. So that, with that help, they can learn from their mistakes and make amends.

I fear that some of the reactions on here are a reflection of these Brexit times, with threats against MPs and so on.

Agreed with every word but I think in the main even those who haven't needed to have their point of view aired. 

7 hours ago, David said:

David, once again thank you for the hard work by yourself and all involved one of the points I was trying to get across that I think the forum has become a bit of a release valve this week for lots of us Thursday lunchtime I was so angry that I wasn't going to go again this after 52 years. But buy teatime the forum had pulled me round and made me realise that the players who left the Joiners at 8 were the ones who need our support Unfortunately I can't be there today due to a previous commitment. However I shall be hanging around the forum match time for news and I will back as noisy as possible for Luton next weekend 

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

To be fair, although there have been plenty of differences of opinion, I think the conversation has been remarkably civil for such an emotive topic.

Totally agreed.
There's been plenty of opinions I haven't agreed with, and I know for a fact some of my posts have been disagreed with, or rankled some folk, but responses all round have been open, honest, well thought out, and above all, civil.  No way can we all agree, but we can... and have... discuss it in a mature way.

It's been a poo week, no doubt there, but it's been a pleasure to be a part of this forum during that same week.

I think we all need a pat on the back, and dare I say a raised glass to each other (metaphorically, of course!), but massively so to @David and his motley crew. 

???

To keep things ticketyboo, ship-shape, and of Bristolian fashion, can we please take it as read that the following is a given, and is therefore no longer questionable...

Every single one of us have been convicted of drink driving, and have caused physical injury to at least one of our colleagues... ergo, each and every one of us is entitled to comment on recent events.

Every single one of us have been filmed by a work colleague vomiting in the toilets of a public house and/or asleep in a drunken stupor...ergo, each and every one of us is entitled to comment on recent events.

Every single one of us have been  so shattfaced that we have gratefully accepted a lift home from an equally shattfaced friend/colleague/relative/mad axeman in a very plush and powerful motor... which unfortunately ended with trips to both a hospital and/or a police charging desk, (depending on whether you were in the front or the back)... ergo, each and every one of us is entitled to comment on recent events.

...And whilst we're at it, can we also assume... without question nor accusation... that each and every one of us have played professional football to at least Championship (or old Div. 2) standard.  We have all missed more penalties than we have scored.  We have all won international caps and each have an FA cup winners medal.  We all cook (and eat) to cordon bleu standards 7 nights a week, and we all have more hair on our knees than on our heads. 

Enough of the personal jibes and accusations now folks.  If we all have to be fully qualified before we can comment, this forum will die on it's ar5e!

On 28/09/2019 at 00:23, IslandExile said:

In most instances celebrities, professional sportsmen / women, politicians, wealthy individuals will be treated more favourably than Joe Public. History is littered with examples. I doubt this situation will be any different. The individuals in question already lead a privileged lifestyle that most folk can only dream of....but still, for some, it's not enough. We are talking about adults who should be role models for the young supporters who idolise them. I appreciate your forgiving nature, but personally I think a firm example needs to be made in this situation. A clean break and fresh start would be best for all parties.  

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

To keep things ticketyboo, ship-shape, and of Bristolian fashion, can we please take it as read that the following is a given, and is therefore no longer questionable...

Every single one of us have been convicted of drink driving, and have caused physical injury to at least one of our colleagues... ergo, each and every one of us is entitled to comment on recent events.

Every single one of us have been filmed by a work colleague vomiting in the toilets of a public house and/or asleep in a drunken stupor...ergo, each and every one of us is entitled to comment on recent events.

Every single one of us have been  so shattfaced that we have gratefully accepted a lift home from an equally shattfaced friend/colleague/relative/mad axeman in a very plush and powerful motor... which unfortunately ended with trips to both a hospital and/or a police charging desk, (depending on whether you were in the front or the back)... ergo, each and every one of us is entitled to comment on recent events.

...And whilst we're at it, can we also assume... without question nor accusation... that each and every one of us have played professional football to at least Championship (or old Div. 2) standard.  We have all missed more penalties than we have scored.  We have all won international caps and each have an FA cup winners medal.  We all cook (and eat) to cordon bleu standards 7 nights a week, and we all have more hair on our knees than on our heads. 

Enough of the personal jibes and accusations now folks.  If we all have to be fully qualified before we can comment, this forum will die on it's ar5e!

Especially me. They didn't even let girls play football when I was at school so I  never even got started!

Archived