Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Stefan Schnoor... Before your time ?

38 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

was it not Stefan Schnoor?

41 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Haha. I know it's in jest, but if you're thinking of Fredrik Stoor, he was a right back.

parks and red sigh GIF

Bloody kids.  Don't know anything...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not the one they sell at The Dolphin.  Had eight pint's of it last Christmas .  Woke up on the sofa - no idea how .

I know plenty of women who could drink rings around you (and me) - So strength isn't an indicator of manliness ? 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not the one they sell at The Dolphin.  Had eight pint's of it last Christmas .  Woke up on the sofa - no idea how .

I'm going to take a wild guess that the 8 pints might have had something to do with it ?

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

I know plenty of women who could drink rings around you (and me) - So strength isn't an indicator of manliness ? 

Truth. I swear some of the pink cocktails my missus and her friends drink could corrode through bank vault doors.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Truth. I swear some of the pink cocktails my missus and her friends drink could corrode through bank vault doors.

Ah yes, the potent combination of too much alcohol and too much sugar - You don't notice quite how much you're drinking until the sugar wears off and you immediately turn into a pumpkin

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Alcohol - woman's drink.

Unless it's methylated spirits or petrol I'm out.

Hand sanitiser I'm told is the drink of choice amongst the outside dwelling community in East London

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Ah yes, the potent combination of too much alcohol and too much sugar - You don't notice quite how much you're drinking until the sugar wears off and you immediately turn into a pumpkin

Hand sanitiser I'm told is the drink of choice amongst the outside dwelling community in East London

That explains a large number of desperately depressing dates in the 80s and 90s.......?

30 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I still can't get my head around why children feel the need to get drunk.

29 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Or those who are generally in a bad mood -it is a depressive . 

Having a drink should be a joy - something to savour.

I had a Brugse Zot Brune, a Duchesse de Bourgogne and a Westmalle Tripel this afternoon, following a long walk along the canal. Don't get me wrong - there are times that I've got into the "Three's not enough - four's nowhere near enough" death spiral, and it's a stupid thing to do.

Regarding the "Woman's drink" jape, I was actually guilty of saying that myself - it's not intended to be a dig at anyone other than myself. It was some time in 1985 - March or April, and it was my first night in Bristol, after starting a new contract. I walked into the Three Lamps Tavern (a pub that sadly no longer exists) and asked the barman for "a pint of what the locals drink".

He said "Oh, you want a point o' that there rough" (the 'rough' cider, i.e. scrumpy).

"Ah, cider - woman't drink", I replied.

I had four, and said half a gallon told me it wanted out - so I went for a pee (and expelled half of it at one end, and ten seconds later the other half at the other end).

After I had cleaned up following my 'great white telephone' trick (and I'd never been a 'pebble dasher' before that day), I returned to the bar. "How are you feeling?" the barman asked.

"Fine - now" I replied. "Why do you ask?"

"Because you walked around the pool table twice, hanging on to it, before you found the door to the growler" he said.

Archived