Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RamFan13 said:

Might spark Jozefzoon into life seeing as he would of played under Cocu at PSV.

Never mind then just found this on Twitter? 

Ahh just seen that he’s already posted this in the forum?

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

May be true but I don't know why they would. What is to be gained? Surely they want to announce it to their own fans when they're ready rather than when it suits us but I can't see any real benefit to us either.

Mate I totally agree, I don’t see the point in it. It’s what I’m told and I believe the person, just sharing it, looks good to be true atm 

A Dutch football correspondent just outlined Cocu's (pronounced 'KoKu') style of play on Talksport as very similar to FL's.  He's an excellent tactician and a great coach that managed to outwit a team with more money and better players (Ajax) 3 seasons out of 4.   Good move, it seems.  He also said that Cocu's agent is back in Holland and it's only white smoke coming out of his chimney - no black, so he believes it is a done deal.  

28 minutes ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

Thought he was excellent at Wembley when he came on.

I thought he was average, tried to take too many players on when a pass was on, especially when he could have passed to Waghorn who was free 12 yards out. 

Always thought the same, flatters to deceive. Tries to take players on every time he gets the ball. 

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

especially when he could have passed to Waghorn who was free 12 yards out. 

Waggy was absolutely screaming at him, and rightly so, it was a simple pass and probably would have resulted in us scoring.

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

Shorter contracts are always preferrable, particularly for a manager when lasting 4 years at a club is extremely rare nowadays.

But it was reported that Cocu needed convincing, so the length of the deal could've been an impact in persuading him to join us. I think Mel would earn more plaudits for going out and getting his number-1 choice even if it means paying out £1million or so more in compensation should it go wrong, rather than hiring Darren Moore on a cheaper 2 or 3 year contract.

Taking the negative attitude before a ball has even been kicked, he has got to get bedded into the club so not expecting any great shakes from the off or even within his 1st season, what makes you think he will quit, thats an English manager trait or so it would seem. No doubt some on here will be calling for him to get the sack if we are not top 6 by christmas. Give him time to shape the team, get behind him and lets see the rewards. A 4 year contract gives him time to build on what we have and move upwards and onwards. I am sure he along with Mel want stability at the club, he wouldn't have signed up for 4 years otherwise and Mel wouldn't have offered it.

Looking like a dream team that really means business. Only potential fly in ointment is transfer kitty. Mel will have been very straight with Cocu. If we are doing very well by Xmas then a Premier team doing rubbish may be tempted to try to get him. 4 year contract spells Megabucks compensation to me. There or thereabouts at Xmas then big push for top two after Xmas. Academy Manager rumour could be bad news for Wassall but Mel will find a way. Who will be Chief scout is the issue to me. The Academy has clinched this move in my opinion. What is not to like. Ramage is very pleased with developments. Cocu and his CV is a step up from Frank on paper.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/netherlands-phillip-cocu-demanded-guarantees-mel-morris-Derby-county/

Derby County haven’t yet announced Phillip Cocu’s arrival as their new manager.

With Frank Lampard set to take over at Chelsea, the Championship club moved quickly for Cocu, who was last in work at Fenerbahce.

At the start of the claims, it was made clear in the Dutch media that the 48 year old was somewhat hesitant. This wasn’t just about Derby specifically, there seemed a general cautiousness about his next step.

De Telegraaf explain it well in their Wednesday edition.

His experience in Turkey is described as ‘hellish’, with the Dutch newspaper saying: ‘The three Turkish trainers in the staff had made a conspiracy against Cocu and his assistants. They constantly provided secret information from the dressing room to the outside.’

There’s now confidence that nothing like this will happen at Derby County, although he is expected to have an English coach among his staff.

Agent Rob Jansen is said to have been working on the details of the agreement. It’s not simply about money, but also the ‘interpretation of the staff’. He’s also ‘demanded guarantees’ from Mel Morris about the squad being improved ahead of the new season.

For Cocu, it’s crucial that he has a team able to fight for promotion to the Premier League, something that would help put the Istanbul nightmare behind him.

Chris van der Weerden, who was also with Cocu in Turkey, will join him. Yesterday, it was reported in the Netherlands that Twan Scheepers will be part of the staff, and today we covered claims from Turkey saying Ernest Faber, who had been targeted for a Super Lig move, will be moving from his role as PSV’s academy chief.

Archived