Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

But the one game we were hot favourites for and should have won, we lost. Losing to Villa (a decent side) wasn't the surprise - losing to QPR (a crap side) was.

Sadly, both play-off final defeats I put down to the managers' team selections on the day. 

I disagree, for me we lost the qpr game because of player complacency rather than managerial blame. After the QPR red card they thought the game was won, let’s be fair I think the majority of us did. I still believe that if it remained 11 v 11, we would have won that game as QPR would have continued to attack and meant there would be more space for us to exploit. Lampard set up our team like QPR did against us , being very pragmatic.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I disagree, for me we lost the qpr game because of player complacency rather than managerial blame. After the QPR red card they thought the game was won, let’s be fair I think the majority of us did. I still believe that if it remained 11 v 11, we would have won that game as QPR would have continued to attack and meant there would be more space for us to exploit. Lampard set up our team like QPR did against us , being very pragmatic.

We lost QPR because Mac was too intent on winning in 90 minutes. We didn't need to be so aggressive and attacking when we had another 30 mins. 

We were playing like we were 1-0 down 

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

But the one game we were hot favourites for and should have won, we lost. Losing to Villa (a decent side) wasn't the surprise - losing to QPR (a crap side) was.

Sadly, both play-off final defeats I put down to the managers' team selections on the day. 

That maybe true (I would have gone with the same starting X1 as SM as it happens) but that doesn't alter the point that I made in terms of the whole season......

13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

We battered QPR for about 90 minutes - can't really say he picked the wrong team there. We shouldn't have committed so many players forward at the end as it left us very vulnerable to a counter atttack.

3 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

We lost QPR because Mac was too intent on winning in 90 minutes. We didn't need to be so aggressive and attacking when we had another 30 mins. 

We were playing like we were 1-0 down 

I agree it was a mistake, but I'd rather we did that than what our last two managers have tried to do in the playoffs, which is try and defend for 90 minutes and hope the other team doesnt score.

Might finally have something official on this later then, excellent. Least we have a manager for the training camp, would have been disaster if the players were still on their own there. Sounds like he’s gonna have the biggest budget in a while too... exciting times, let’s hope he spends it wisely.

So if Cocu joins today he's got :

6 days until the first pre season friendly in Florida

24 days until the last pre season friendly at Rangers

32 days until the first League fixture at Huddersfield

35 days until the transfer window shuts at 5pm on 8th August

& just 79 days until we've played our 8th league game against Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke, Bristol City, WBA, Brentford, Cardiff & Leeds

Find a home, bring his family over, get to know the area & the DCFC staff & players, embed his tactics etc etc

1 day to work out if Richard Keogh is really that scary & whether Chris Martin is the new messiah

That's one hell of a tough ask so we've got to keep off his back whilst he settles in

4 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

So if Cocu joins today he's got :

6 days until the first pre season friendly in Florida

24 days until the last pre season friendly at Rangers

32 days until the first League fixture at Huddersfield

35 days until the transfer window shuts at 5pm on 8th August

& just 79 days until we've played our 8th league game against Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke, Bristol City, WBA, Brentford, Cardiff & Leeds

Find a home, bring his family over, get to know the area & the DCFC staff & players, embed his tactics etc etc

That's one hell of a tough ask so we've got to keep off his back whilst he settles in

Here here.

Any mention of "Cocu out" should be taken as a reference to coitus interruptus with a typo.

Archived