Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

To be fair, his Newcastle promotion team scored 90 goals (+55 GD) and his Brighton promotion team 74 goals (+34). 

Gary Rowetts Derby County scored 70. Goals scored doesnt give an indication of anything (not arguing against Hughton though)

1 hour ago, Archied said:

I’m in the hughton camp unless there is a real surprise coming in from left field with a big promotion bonus ,, as stated earlier not gerrard for me as if he is prepared to jump ship on rangers now then I don’t want him 

Not that I particularly want him, I don't really have a strong opinion either way. But, if he wanted to come it would certainly signify that we are seen as a big club and that he thinks he can get us up.

We could have said, why take Lampard because he'll jump poo if he gets a bigger opportunity?

I was reading Steve Nicholson's article comparing Wassell's record to that of our last 5 or 6 managers. Much better in terms of win percentage and whilst the pick isn't sexy, I'm not sure why some people are so against it.

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

I was reading Steve Nicholson's article comparing Wassell's record to that of our last 5 or 6 managers. Much better in terms of win percentage and whilst the pick isn't sexy, I'm not sure why some people are so against it.

He is hard done by, but I can remember not warming to him at all when he was in charge. He had a sort of smug, David Brent persona to him that I didn't like, and he didn't come across great in interviews from what I remember (just my personal opinion).

Also...Rotherham was bad. Really bad. And I know Shackell was in the wrong for swearing at him, but for me that just showed he had no respect from the players at all. Who would want to come and play for Darren Wassell? I don't know. I think bringing in Harry Redknapp to "advise" him was weird, too. Just indicated that he wasn't good enough to do it on his own.

8 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

?

Set to join Lampard at Chelsea unfortunately. He’s the type of big name who would have been nice as he’d know some bargains in German league, which has proven to be a success as we’ve seen with farke at Norwich and wagnar at Huddersfield 

Archived