Fikayo Tomori

Day

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

In fairness Bielsa handled loans badly: Harrison was poor, plus the three from Chelsea barley got a kick between them.

The club as a whole may avoid them as a destination next season, nevermind Lampard. 

Think this is a good point, actually. The three Chelsea loanees that Leeds had last year had a lower combined total number of league minutes for them than Max Lowe had here, and he only played 3 times for us. I don't know why we're even considering that Tomori is going to Leeds, though. Other than one highly suspect bloke on Twitter, I've seen nothing to suggest it.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Frank won’t be doing Leeds any favours, that’s for sure 

no love lost between him and that club

No manager does any other team a "favour", all he is interested in is doing the best for the players he has at his disposal regarding their development.   

36 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Frank won’t be doing Leeds any favours, that’s for sure 

no love lost between him and that club

I have a sneaking suspicion that Frank and Jody won’t do us any favours either. They’ll be focused on their mammoth task at Chelsea. There’s no sentiment whatsoever in football, so unfortunately I expect no assistance from our ex employees. I will be surprised if Tomori doesn’t make the Chelsea squad and more so disappointed if he goes out on loan to ? end Road too. 

35 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

No manager does any other team a "favour", all he is interested in is doing the best for the players he has at his disposal regarding their development.   

So Sarri sending Mount and Tomori out on loan to Derby last season had nothing to do with Lampard being our manager - after all, they were being sent to play for someone who had absolutely no managerial experience?

Right!

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So Sarri sending Mount and Tomori out on loan to Derby last season had nothing to do with Lampard being our manager - after all, they were being sent to play for someone who had absolutely no managerial experience?

Right!

It had everything to do with it but only because it suited Chelsea, Chelsea weren't doing Derby a favour, they were doing Frank a favour knowing he would be going back there as manager, albeit sooner than expected but if it had anything to do with Sarri is another question

1 hour ago, thederbyram said:

ITK? Know you have been before ?

Nah @SuperDerbySuperRams & @MACKWORTH RAM have become mere mortals since Sam Rush left. Bit weird.

The only ITK we have now is @Carl Sagan and he says that Tomori is definitely coming back and bringing a mate with him. So that's good enough for me. I would ask him to confirm but I think he's having dinner with Cara Delevingne tonight to discuss a film script he's been writing for her to star in.

Oh how the other half live...

Garlic breaded mushrooms anyone?

23 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

What if Cocu doesn’t want Tomori? Anyone thought of that possibility? 

Good point. Maybe Cocu has looked at our CB options, Keogh & One Legged Curtis and decided we're all set. 

I know it is the Mirror, but they quote Lampard directly it would seem. I would have thought that if he wants Zouma to stay that they probably don’t need Tomori this season as he would probably be 5th choice centre back (unless they have him in mind for left back cover). 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/frank-lampard-confirms-chelsea-transfer-18366440

13 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Good point. Maybe Cocu has looked at our CB options, Keogh & One Legged Curtis and decided we're all set. 

Can mock the statement all you want but maybe he’s determined Curtis isn’t one legged, academy product has taken his liking, or he has an unfulfilled Dutch maestro lined up.

Tomori was awesome last season, doesn’t mean the current manager thinks he’s the best option for what he needs

15 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Tomori was awesome last season, doesn’t mean the current manager thinks he’s the best option for what he needs

If Tomori is available and wants to come, Cocu will be biting hands off.

Frank was given his chance by Mel and has left with a good relationship. Frank is a nice guy and if we meet Chelsea's loan fees, Frank will do us a big favour over at least one player. If Tomori is offered to the Championship, he will come here. Tomori is unlikely to be playing centre half for Chelsea this year. He would come here and develop further if no Prem team promises him a lot of games.

No surprise that Everton would want to make a move for Zouma after he was let out there last season and performed well for them, they certainly have the money nowadays to make it a more permanent arrangement now the loans over. Equally though, he’s a better player than Tomori at present and has surely proven himself ready for Chelsea’s first team now after all his loan spells, so I’d be surprised if they didn’t keep him. Who knows if that’ll make Tomori available, it’s a possibility, but whether he’d be sent back here is another question.

49 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

Tomori singing “ if you don’t ducksn bounce you’re a red” on Kasey palmers instagram story ?

Yep just seen that, little ram symbols underneath as well ?

Archived