The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a way, it's a good thing it's the head honcho that's owned up to having it, and not some random fan.  At least his movements are easier to track and people will recall interacting with him.

As pedantic and anal as this sounds I've emailed my lad's school with the news this afternoon, as unfortunately, it's riddled with Gumps.  You can imagine it now, Friday night - 

GUMP FATHER - E're son, come have your photo tek'en wi' chairman.

GUMP SON - You sure Dad?  Looks like the kind-eh blokes you tell me not t'eh go near.

GUMP FATHER - S'ok lad, 'e's raate.

Que hungs all round with the cuddly saviour of the club...

While it's tempting to join in with the general mickey-taking, there is a serious issue here in that the Florest players have all come into direct contact with someone infected. If the owner met them prior to the game, then the Millwall players may also have been exposed. I'm pretty sure that the government guidelines state you should self-isolate if you've been in contact with anyone who has (or may have) the virus. That would suggest that neither team should be playing/training for 2 weeks from the day of the last match. The football authorities need to issue an urgent directive regarding the two clubs before they spread the infection further....

Just now, Gaspode said:

While it's tempting to join in with the general mickey-taking, there is a serious issue here in that the Florest players have all come into direct contact with someone infected. If the owner met them prior to the game, then the Millwall players may also have been exposed. I'm pretty sure that the government guidelines state you should self-isolate if you've been in contact with anyone who has (or may have) the virus. That would suggest that neither team should be playing/training for 2 weeks from the day of the last match. The football authorities need to issue an urgent directive regarding the two clubs before they spread the infection further....

EFL demands the fixtures aren't played.

EFL then boots both out the league because they were "unable to fulfill their fixtures"

Steve Gibson sues EFL because Derby didn't play their game against millwall but weren't also thrown out of the league

16 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

EFL demands the fixtures aren't played.

EFL then boots both out the league because they were "unable to fulfill their fixtures"

Steve Gibson sues EFL because Derby didn't play their game against millwall but weren't also thrown out of the league

All joking aside I would gladly have the Millwall game cancelled.  Nowhere near worth the risk.  Imagine how many people both sets of players have come into contact with already?  Fans, training ground staff, family, family's friends.  This is practically a patient zero situation...

11 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

We're gonna be the team that kills football this season.

Maybe Leeds won't go up, Liverpool won't win the PL?

Every Cloud..

I’ll have a soft spot for Forest if that happens.

It’s not too much of a sacrifice for yourselves, as you know as well as we do that we’re both going to be in this league forever.

15 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Looks like the whole forest squad will have to self isolate for 2 weeks and their matches will be postponed. 

My gump mate reckons Marinikas has fixed it so Sow and Silva are fit to play in the run in. They were due to be out for 2 weeks. Conspiracy theory’s eh 

13 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

My gump mate reckons Marinikas has fixed it so Sow and Silva are fit to play in the run in. They were due to be out for 2 weeks. Conspiracy theory’s eh 

Infecting yourself with a dangerous disease to scupper your own team is dedicated, I'll give him that.

Still not entirely convinced he didn't contract it at forest (probably off a toilet seat)

57 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

The Gumps at work think his match fixing trial begins next week.

54 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I can't believe anyone could act so irresponsibly,  even that fat wazzack.

Red dog or no red dog, that still seems a little harsh! 
He had no symptoms, remember. 
That could literally have been anyone of us, meeting and greeting friends and family last weekend.

Archived