The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Gaspode said:

While it's tempting to join in with the general mickey-taking, there is a serious issue here in that the Florest players have all come into direct contact with someone infected. If the owner met them prior to the game, then the Millwall players may also have been exposed. I'm pretty sure that the government guidelines state you should self-isolate if you've been in contact with anyone who has (or may have) the virus. That would suggest that neither team should be playing/training for 2 weeks from the day of the last match. The football authorities need to issue an urgent directive regarding the two clubs before they spread the infection further....

Premier league taking no chances on the Gump owner transmitting his infestation elsewhere

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51829511

Man City and Arsenal off due to contact with Arsenal players, match postponed, players should be fine come the weekend if no symptoms. 

So EFL your move, need to answer the question, exactly what contact has he had with players or staff on Friday night or Forest players in general? See 4 Millwall senior representatives are self isolating to answer part of your question.

5 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Premier league taking no chances on the Gump owner transmitting his infestation elsewhere

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51829511

Man City and Arsenal off due to contact with Arsenal players, match postponed, players should be fine come the weekend if no symptoms. 

So EFL your move, need to answer the question, exactly what contact has he had with players or staff on Friday night or Forest players in general? See 4 Millwall senior representatives are self isolating to answer part of your question.

That game was tonight, though right?

It says Brighton v Arsenal on Saturday is still planned to go ahead. So unless there's a further development I imagine the EFLs weekend fixtures are in that position as well.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Dirty, filthy, bakery burning, heroin shipping, match fixing, swine flu bearing, pandemic, reddog, bring out yer dead, plague carrying, coronavirus-ridden gumps.

Just got to get it to rhyme but there's a song in there somewhere.....?

Think you're onto the Only Fool's and Horses theme tune here

We've got some half-price buns iced, and miles and miles of carpet tiles, OGs, OAPs and virus ridden beardees

something something something

gumps gumps gumps gumps

Anyone else know anyone that has been tested? Someone in our Newcastle office has been tested, but the wait for results is several days, not several hours

New Scientist report that the test is not 100% accurate anyway - so even if they all test negative they should be self-isolating

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2236610-coronavirus-how-do-i-get-tested-and-how-does-the-test-work/

28 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Anyone else know anyone that has been tested? Someone in our Newcastle office has been tested, but the wait for results is several days, not several hours

New Scientist report that the test is not 100% accurate anyway - so even if they all test negative they should be self-isolating

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2236610-coronavirus-how-do-i-get-tested-and-how-does-the-test-work/

Several days for us mere peasants to receive results, but I imagine a lot sooner for those with deeper pockets.

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

It is relatively fast, even with traditional blood testing methods. 7 hours, at least here in Finland. And here is only 3 laboratories doing it so much of that time is transferring.

The new equipment can do it faster, somewhere between 1-4 hours. Those quick tests, which takes 15 minutes, are more problematic as they won't diagnose those who are in early phase as they check only antibodies.

58 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

It is relatively fast, even with traditional blood testing methods. 7 hours, at least here in Finland. And here is only 3 laboratories doing it so much of that time is transferring.

The new equipment can do it faster, somewhere between 1-4 hours. Those quick tests, which takes 15 minutes, are more problematic as they won't diagnose those who are in early phase as they check only antibodies.

Expedited turnaround times are usually available for a cost on most lab analyses, but you eventually run up against technical limitations of how long it takes to do.

I've had some jobs where to meet low environmental LoDs the wait has been weeks, I've had other times where 24 hour turnaround was fine (if expensive)

On 10/03/2020 at 17:35, reverendo de duivel said:

The Gumps at work think his match fixing trial begins next week.

Any truth in this? Seems odd that the virus is supposed to be ragingly contagious, yet all the players have tested negative...

Less than 100 cases in Greece as it stands, yet he caught it? Hmm

Archived