The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this is entirely the best place for it, but I don't think it deserves it's own thread
Thought it was interesting that Daryl Murphy has made it public that he served a 6 week ban last season at Forest for taking cocaine and failing a drugs test:

I had always assumed that if a player failed a drugs test that the FA would have released a statement, I had no idea that it's their policy to keep quiet about it. Makes you wonder how many players suffer "training ground injuries" that are a cover for something else.

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Don't know if this is entirely the best place for it, but I don't think it deserves it's own thread
Thought it was interesting that Daryl Murphy has made it public that he served a 6 week ban last season at Forest for taking cocaine and failing a drugs test:

I had always assumed that if a player failed a drugs test that the FA would have released a statement, I had no idea that it's their policy to keep quiet about it. Makes you wonder how many players suffer "training ground injuries" that are a cover for something else.

I seem to remember a TV documentary a few years ago about drug testing in football that highlighted a couple of similar ones where the club never explicitly said they were out with a drugs ban - unless the rules forced them to, I'm sure all clubs would rather handle it to avoid the bad publicity. I doubt it's only Forest....<restrains self form saying libellous falsehoods on the forum>

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Very interesting. I think I read once that the FA keep it quiet to protect the players' welfare. I imagine that's policy originated from the time when it came out that  Jake Livermore had taken cocaine after he lost his kid.

I bet this sort of thing happens all the time.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I seem to remember a TV documentary a few years ago about drug testing in football that highlighted a couple of similar ones where the club never explicitly said they were out with a drugs ban - unless the rules forced them to, I'm sure all clubs would rather handle it to avoid the bad publicity. I doubt it's only Forest....<restrains self form saying libellous falsehoods on the forum>

Tbf with the number of players we’ve had vanish to the ether in recent years, you’d never notice some of them gone. Ikechi Anya could have gone on a 2 year cocaine fuelled bender across Europe and none of us would be any the wiser

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Tbf with the number of players we’ve had vanish to the ether in recent years, you’d never notice some of them gone. Ikechi Anya could have gone on a 2 year cocaine fuelled bender across Europe and none of us would be any the wiser

It’s the only way he’s getting to Europe. 

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Very interesting. I think I read once that the FA keep it quiet to protect the players' welfare. I imagine that's policy originated from the time when it came out that  Jake Livermore had taken cocaine after he lost his kid.

I bet this sort of thing happens all the time.

Not sure of your policy but in the AFL over here it is a 3 strike rule, first time even the club isn't notified, second time the club is notified but no public outing, third time it is public knowledge. I know from first hand experience in the late 90's that most clubs do a lot of in-house testing and if something shows up their contract is pulled till they show up clean. The testers can only test contracted players hence pulled contracts and "Hammy Strains" suffered at training.

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Swinging jaws in Lola Lo’s and all that 

13 hours ago, JfR said:

RIDICULOUS THEY KEPT HIM ON FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

SHOULD OF SACKED HIM THERE AND THEN

MARINAKIS HAVE SHAME !!!!!

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Is taking cocaine worse than drink driving? I'd argue they aren't even close. 

Not sure if serious or.. 

No mate, not serious, just a tongue in cheek comment! ? 

To be fair, it's the dirty leeds fans that have been more vocal about it (still see them going on about it) more than you lot. ?

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

No mate, not serious, just a tongue in cheek comment! ? 

To be fair, it's the dirty leeds fans that have been more vocal about it (still see them going on about it) more than you lot. ?

They're still bitter about your playoff game from last year. I think they'll have the last laugh in 2020 though. 

7 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

They're still bitter about your playoff game from last year. I think they'll have the last laugh in 2020 though. 

Yeh, they’ll knock you out in the Semi’s.

I used to look forward to your play off defeats when we were down the league, it used to make up for a bad season.

9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Yeh, they’ll knock you out in the Semi’s.

I used to look forward to your play off defeats when we were down the league, it used to make up for a bad season.

Poor old Campy though... he so wanted to "do a Poom" at Swansea!  

???

14 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Drawing at home to Boro ain’t play off contention form mind, just sayin’ ?

Other results have gone in your favour tonight, you could have gone third, some might call that careless. 

Yep. If you cannot beat a shower of shyte like Boro at home, you're going to be doing well to stay top 6. Threw 4 points away this week with MWall away almost in the bag too. 

Need a big response against Wednesday. Draw might be alright but could do with winning after the last few weeks. 

Was having a read about maranakis earlier. Had the drugs charge, the refs home being burned down,  the current match fixing charge,  rumours of a ref getting beaten up last year. Either its no smoke and all that or someone has it in for him

Wonder which one.

Archived