Starting 11 next season

MallyRam95

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree. I find it odd that so much is made of Tomori's ball skills and pace and so little about his other lacking skills.

He was good for us but I'm not sure I'd want to sign him for £10m as our centre-half.

Because his “lacking skills” improved tremendously throughout the season. I doubt he’ll ever be as aerially dominant as Davies, but another season at this level improving as he was and he won’t be far off. You can tell he’s determined to be as good as he possibly can be, so it’s reasonable to assume he will improve in the weaker side of his game

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Because his “lacking skills” improved tremendously throughout the season. I doubt he’ll ever be as aerially dominant as Davies, but another season at this level improving as he was and he won’t be far off.

You think he'll be a pocket-size Van Dijk?!

Bit off topic but imagine this team and formation (assuming we signed tomori)

Roos/ new GK

Keogh         Davies        Tomori

Bogle                                              Malone

Holmes        Shinnie

Lawrence

Marriott             Waghorn

I know its not Football Manager but let me explain why i think this would work....

In Defence Davies is a rock but not really a ball playing centre back so he would act as a kind of sweeper, Tomori and Keogh given a bit of licence to break through the midfield.

Full backs both better attacking than defending so having the extra centre back would mean less defending.

Holmes and Shinnie would provide a decent balance of energy and closing down and creativity.

I still believe no 10 is Lawrences best position and he would be a major goal threat down the middle.

Marriott and Waghorn...   both hard working , both score goals.. Waghorn perhaps better at holding the ball up and marriott at running the channels.

Can you tell im excited .. please stay Frank!

• 2 weeks later...

Gk: Roos/new.                           

Defenders: Davies/Keogh/Evans/Bogle/Forsyth/Malone/new/new

Midfielders: Shinnie/Huddlestone/Johnson/Holmes/New/New

Attackes: Marriott/Waghorn/Jozefzoon/Bennett/Lawrence/New

Could be something like this with the contract extensions

Carson

wisdom.   Keogh.   Davies.     Fozzy

Shinnie

Butterfield.  Thorne

Bennett.                                 Jihnson

Martin

Mel allows Lampard and his staff to join Chelsea without compensation, but Frank has to agree to let Abraham, Tomori and Mount join us on loan. We appoint Chris Hughton and Mel's flogging Pride Park to himself gives the new manager funds to buy three expensive players.

Carson

Bogle Dunk Tomori Friend

Knockaert Stephens Mount Anya

Abraham Marriott

Roos, Keogh, Malone, Shinnie, Holmes, Waghorn, Lawrence

14 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Mel allows Lampard and his staff to join Chelsea without compensation, but Frank has to agree to let Abraham, Tomori and Mount join us on loan. We appoint Chris Hughton and Mel's flogging Pride Park to himself gives the new manager funds to buy three expensive players.

Carson

Bogle Dunk Tomori Friend

Abraham Marriott

Friend is so 2015/2016 

19 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Carson

Bogle Dunk Tomori Friend

Abraham Marriott

Anya

chicago bulls what GIF by NBA

32 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Carson

Bogle Dunk Tomori Friend

Abraham Marriott

This is a joke right? Mine was a joke, I really hope this is too, please tell me this is a joke

1. Carson v roos
  2. bogle
  3. malone
  4. keogh
  5. evans
  6. johnson
  7. holmes
  8. shinnie
  9. waghorn
  10. marriott
  11. jozefzoon or lawrence

roos blotted his copybook at wembley  - that could let carson back in

evans has shown that he could play centre back, altho might lack a bit of pace and mobility

shinnie ? No idea. Holding roll or box to box?

however.....things will be different by august. Can't see a new manager playing 6 or 7 Lampard buys.

On 07/06/2019 at 22:55, northantsram said:

Bit off topic but imagine this team and formation (assuming we signed tomori)

Roos/ new GK

Keogh         Davies        Tomori

Bogle                                              Malone

Holmes        Shinnie

Lawrence

Marriott             Waghorn

What I also like about having Holmes and Shinnie as a midfield two is that both can cover the areas of the pitch vacated by the fullbacks when they bomb on up the wings (having both filled in at right-back and left-back respectively). Another variation on this could be the 4-4-2 diamond formation with:

GK: Roos/New GK

DF: Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone/Lowe

DM: Ball-winning anchorman

CM: Holmes, Shinnie

AM: Lawrence

FW: Waghorn, Marriott

Assuming a 4-3-3 and that none of the out-of-favour players will be entering back into the picture, I think what you're looking at for next season is something like this:
lineup.png.f265a748169c8eab9c6c4d124a977c85.png

There's every chance a few of those names could leave, but from this where does everyone think needs reinforcing?

14 minutes ago, JfR said:

Assuming a 4-3-3 and that none of the out-of-favour players will be entering back into the picture, I think what you're looking at for next season is something like this:
lineup.png.f265a748169c8eab9c6c4d124a977c85.png

There's every chance a few of those names could leave, but from this where does everyone think needs reinforcing?

how will Curtis be?  think we need something extra in CD

Bogle not staying?  Rest is ok I suppose but we appear reliant on Holmes staying fit given he covers a number of spots.

Generally though if we want to do better this year then that squad does not look better than last year

Archived