Starting 11 next season

MallyRam95

I find these things hard to predict but i’d would like to see more of the diamond with Waggy and Marriott on the pitch together. I don’t think we have seen the best of Zoon.. not sure what’s gone on there ? So much electric promise early on then pretty much nothing. Looking forward to seeing Shinnie we need some guts and pace in centre mid (I always see Mount and Holmes as advanced mid and it’s the link between front and back that’s missing )

Anyway, summer holidays in the transfer thread is going to be entertaining ?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

I think the team needs a big overhaul so I took a look at the out of contract players (we have to be careful of FFP right), I came up with this team that I think will sweep all before them.

GK - Frank Fielding, quality, solid championship keeper.

Full Backs - Paul Coutts, Alefe Santos. Classic blend of experience and youth - Coutts knows what it takes to win promotion and the young Brazillian could bring a bit of that samba beat to PPS, flair!

CBs - Tyrone Mears and Josh Lelan. Again you cannot beat pairing youth and experience. Two PROVEN internationals at the heart of your defence, what's not to like?

Centre Mid - Ben Pringle, Dave Jones. Is there a more mercurial, dynamic duo out there? Jones to pick the holes, Pringle to be the heartbeat of the team.

Wings - Jamie Ward, Simon Dawkins. Wow, again, proven international experience on show, full backs of the EFL, watch out!

Up Front - Nathan Tyson, Jon Stead. Experience, experience, experience, not to mention pace, goals, goals and more goals.

Great backup in Gareth Ainsworth, Lee Holmes, James Vaughan and Michael Tonge, would be a seriously exciting season if we could make this happen.

I think you meant Lionel Ainsworth

On 28/05/2019 at 11:28, Srg said:

Doesn't work. He's poor on the ball, and can't play in a team that doesn't want to sit on the edge of their own box (like a Rowett team did), Only need to watch the Stoke away game this year to see it's not the style of defender Frank needs in his team.

Doesnt work but sorts our defensive problems from set pieces and still  our captain! Stupid comment! Tomori wouldn't of got a game if he stayed fit 

3 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Doesnt work but sorts our defensive problems from set pieces and still  our captain! Stupid comment! Tomori wouldn't of got a game if he stayed fit 

So we can defend set pieces but are worse by far in possession scoring less goals and also worse at defending from open play because we have to hold a deeper line. 

“Stupid comment!”

14 hours ago, GenBr said:

@Shuff264 i dont think we will be using Thorne again as much as i would like to. The reason we didnt play him last year was related to payments we have to make to West Brom if he plays again isnt it? Same with Anya and Watford. I assume this will still apply next season as well.

Fact or guess?  If you can prove this and show he is still a force then somebody’s be should be hanged.  If the reason he hasn’t played is to do with money rather he isn’t good enough there will be many angry with this.  But if you are just guessing well.........

6 hours ago, Srg said:

So we can defend set pieces but are worse by far in possession scoring less goals and also worse at defending from open play because we have to hold a deeper line. 

“Stupid comment!”

If you dont concede you dont lose and i would really say worse at defending from open play davies wins alot of tackles and intercepts the ball way more, tomori make alot of mistakes hes just lucky he has the pace to recover himself! so not really a stupid comment 

5 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

If you dont concede you dont lose and i would really say worse at defending from open play davies wins alot of tackles and intercepts the ball way more, tomori make alot of mistakes hes just lucky he has the pace to recover himself! so not really a stupid comment 

Bring on the 0-0s then.

4 hours ago, Derbyramhk said:

I heard somewhere you can't sign the same loans two seasons in a row? Anyone know if it's correct? That would put Tomori out of the picture even if he did want to come back... 

False, very common, particularly abroad, to sign 2 year loan deals - James Rodriguez off the top of my head had one to Bayern from Real.

14 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Because tomori created do many goals this season no wonder he get player of the season 

If you can't understand the correlation between a player who allows us to defend higher up the pitch, is a better passer, has better control and is quicker to release the ball and more goals and chances created throughout the team, then I give up because I'm wasting my time trying to explain.

Hoping we stick with the 442 diamond as it lends itself very nicely to a 532 formation. 

I want a formation where the fullbacks are providing the width and we can overload the centre of the park. Felt like at times teams could get straight through the middle of us last season and we don't have any out and out wingers so makes sense to me? 

Roos   

Bogle/lowe      Keogh/evans       Davies/ New CB      Malone/Forsyth

Shinnie /Johnson/ hudds

zoon /Bennett                     new                                        Lawrence/new LW

Waghorn           Marriott

Just tweaking in my opinion, people forget our capt, and that Tomori was meant as cover

22 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Roos   

Shinnie /Johnson/ hudds

zoon /Bennett                     new                                        Lawrence/new LW

Just tweaking in my opinion, people forget our capt, and that Tomori was meant as cover

Lowe is a left back isn't he?

13 hours ago, Srg said:

If you can't understand the correlation between a player who allows us to defend higher up the pitch, is a better passer, has better control and is quicker to release the ball and more goals and chances created throughout the team, then I give up because I'm wasting my time trying to explain.

I understand but i was just saying because you said if we played davies we would draw 0-0 davies isnt poo with his feet dont get me wrong not as good passing as tomori but offers us alot that tomori doesnt 

3 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Roos   

Shinnie /Johnson/ hudds

What no place for Holmes

Tomori is a good defender but I think his ball playing ability is overrated ,Keogh is a better passer than him . The amount of times against Villa , Cole or  midfielder down the left side was open and he played it back to Keogh was a joke,  having a ball playing defender at this level isn't a necessity . I would like us to sign Tomori as he has great potential and is already solid, but I wouldn't say our hopes for next season is completely reliant on signing him. I wouldn't mind seeing us sign a rock solid CB with more ability in the air and organisation skills, as we are horribly vulnerable off crosses.

13 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I would like us to sign Tomori as he has great potential and is already solid, but I wouldn't say our hopes for next season is completely reliant on signing him. I wouldn't mind seeing us sign a rock solid CB with more ability in the air and organisation skills, as we are horribly vulnerable off crosses.

I agree. I find it odd that so much is made of Tomori's ball skills and pace and so little about his other lacking skills.

He was good for us but I'm not sure I'd want to sign him for £10m as our centre-half.

Archived