Starting 11 next season

MallyRam95

Right people, now our season is over, who feels this starting 11 is possibly the way forward? 

Roos

Bogle      Keogh          New CB      Malone

Shinnie 

Holmes           Lawrence           New LW 

Waghorn           Marriott

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Curtis Davies ? 

33 I believe now mate, isn't that just a touch off the pace of things now? Look at Huddlestone yesterday, I think same would apply, but I'd start him if hes fit enough as hes better than what we have!

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

New GK

Bogle    Keogh    Tomori    Malone

Holmes  Vaulks  Shinnie   Lawrence

Waggy   Marriott

Who's vaulks pal? And Tomori wont be coming back

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Curtis Davies ? 

Doesn't work. He's poor on the ball, and can't play in a team that doesn't want to sit on the edge of their own box (like a Rowett team did), Only need to watch the Stoke away game this year to see it's not the style of defender Frank needs in his team.

Would probably be asking Shinnie to do way too much work with how attacking the midfield is.

New GK

Bogle - Keogh - New CB - Lowe

Holmes - Shinnie - New CM

New RW - Waghorn/Marriott - Lawrence

I reckon both Roos and Carson will be off and we'll probably need to sign 2 new keepers

Wisdom will probably leave so we'll need more cover at right back and maybe even a new starting right back if Bogle moves to the Prem

We'll need a couple of new CBs

Lowe may move to Aberdeen, but we should still be ok with Forsyth returning from injury

Midfield needs a lot of work. We've got Shinnie coming in and then will probably need another 2 signed at least, or hope Sibley/Bird can make the step up

We've got Thomas returning from loan but will still probably need a winger or 2

And we might need an extra body in to cover for Marriott and Waghorn with Nugent leaving, or like in midfield hope 1 of the youngsters is good enough

Should be a very busy summer

Agree with much of @Cam the Ram's post.

New GK

Bogle - Keogh - New CB - Malone/Lowe

4 key signings and perhaps three more to replace the many leaving. Perhaps 7 in total? Maybe less if we bring forward some U23 players?

Bit worried we will be in the market for a new striker as well. Really don't want to see Marriott go as he is the first striker we've had in a long time who looks the real deal every time he plays. Struggling to see him staying after having Nugent/Bennett picked ahead of him in recent weeks, though. ? 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Would probably be asking Shinnie to do way too much work with how attacking the midfield is.

New GK

Bogle - Keogh - New CB - Lowe

I reckon both Roos and Carson will be off and we'll probably need to sign 2 new keepers

Wisdom will probably leave so we'll need more cover at right back and maybe even a new starting right back if Bogle moves to the Prem

We'll need a couple of new CBs

Lowe may move to Aberdeen, but we should still be ok with Forsyth returning from injury

Midfield needs a lot of work. We've got Shinnie coming in and then will probably need another 2 signed at least, or hope Sibley/Bird can make the step up

We've got Thomas returning from loan but will still probably need a winger or 2

And we might need an extra body in to cover for Marriott and Waghorn with Nugent leaving, or like in midfield hope 1 of the youngsters is good enough

Should be a very busy summer

I think, with the pool of wingers we have, that it would make more sense to build a team that has two up top - rather than a system that requires two wingers.

If we have both Bogle and Lowe next year they'd likely be more productive than any out-and-out wingers we could get our hands on. They're both very talented on the ball.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think, with the pool of wingers we have, that it would make more sense to build a team that has two up top - rather than a system that requires two wingers.

If we have both Bogle and Lowe next year they'd likely be more productive than any out-and-out wingers we could get our hands on. They're both very talented on the ball.

Would love a Marriott and Waghorn partnership but I just think our team, Holmes in particular, is better suited with 3 in the middle. Maybe Holmes could do a good job with Bogle out on the right, but I personally prefer him in the middle giving the opponents holding mid no time on the ball with his pressing. 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Lowe will have to have improved a lot to be our first choice left back. Malone for me.....

New GK x 2

New RB

New CB x 2

New CM 

This assumes Roos, Carson, Wisdom, Bryson, Johnson, Cole, Lowe, Forsyth, Huddlestone, and all the loans go back.

New GK

Bogle.       Keogh.        New CB.    Malone

Shinnie

Holmes.                        New CM

Lawrence

Waghorn.              Marriott

still leaves;

New GK

New RB

Davies

New CB

MacDonald

Evans

Bird

New CM

Knight

Bennett

Martin

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Would love a Marriott and Waghorn partnership but I just think our team, Holmes in particular, is better suited with 3 in the middle. Maybe Holmes could do a good job with Bogle out on the right, but I personally prefer him in the middle giving the opponents holding mid no time on the ball with his pressing. 

5-3-2? 

I really really hope we don’t play 433, what’s the point in playing wingers and then having your full backs provide the width. Play the diamond, get two strikers on the pitch and then you have the attacking full backs for the width. Ive put some alternative options in brackets.

????

Bogle Keogh ???? Lowe (malone)

shinnie

holmes ????(Sibley)

Lawrence

Marriott Waghorn (Bennett)

As good as the loanees have been, this time last year, none of us knew an awful lot about them. Wilson had a short but good spell with Hull, Tomori came with mixed reviews, Mount was exciting but had only played in Holland.

As long as we can keep Lampard, we’ll attract players of that calibre. Even with Chelsea’s transfer ban, other sides will look at how we’ve treated the three loan players and how much we’ve brought them on. How much value have we added to the players collectively for their parent clubs? 

We have excellent facilities and currently a coaching team who can get the best out of young players. I think top clubs will be queuing up to send their prospects here to develop, and I think the strength of next season’s side will rely heavily on the importance of any loans again, given our situation.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

5-3-2? 

Yeah that's an option, but does mean Lawrence would probably be out of the team. All I'm bothered about is that Holmes and Marriott are key players in our team. Neither managed to make 20 starts this season through fitness/selection reasons, but both still had a huge impact despite the lesser playing time.

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah that's an option, but does mean Lawrence would probably be out of the team. All I'm bothered about is that Holmes and Marriott are key players in our team. Neither managed to make 20 starts this season through fitness/selection reasons, but both still had a huge impact despite the lesser playing time.

I reckon he could play in a central 3 alongside, say, Holmes and Shinnie but,
I know this would be a huge challenge with the resources we have, but if we can build a team strong enough for Lawrence to be a plan B then I'd be delighted.
He has a lot of ability, but he's not even remotely consistent enough to be a written-in-pen starter imo, and that's what he'll be when our system requires wingers and his only competition is Jozefzoon.

Archived