We came 6th

Sparkle

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If last night's game was set up for Rowett to sort out his plan would probably have been to keep it level and try to do them on penalties, something we would likely have failed miserably at

What highlights the difference for me, is the fact that away at Elland Road, we didn't try play defensive, we didn't hoof it. We took the game to them, and played them off the pitch with high tempo, brilliant football. It was amazing to watch a young side perform like that under so much pressure in a hostile environment. The seasons are incomparable for me, this has been miles better.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

We came 6th last season and we came 6th this season - not much difference apart from a hell of a lot of enjoyment! 

...and having a manager that knows how set his team up for the second leg of a play off semi final. ?

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

My lad said to me he felt more confident last night 1-0 down after the first leg than last year 1-0 up after the first leg. I did too.

To be fair i think the home defeat did us a favour to be honest as Lampard changed the formation and we went for it,had we won or even drawn at home we would of probably been set up differently and not were we are now

Thought the tables started to turn in the middle of the first half when Derby started to take the game to Leeds and play the game on the front foot.

Not sure whether it was DLS bottling it or if it was FL's tactics but imo the victory was more than deserved- played far better than in the game at Pride Park too.

I wonder if some of it down to more youth in the team. Not so much walking in an old groove, baggage and cynicism ?

Their “joyful awe” for want of a better phrase was infectious. It was always going to be tough but Marriots goal lit fires in bellies, first the young and then it spread. 

Thou shall not pass, this isn’t over. Lot of balls hanging out and confidence on the rise. Self belief is an incredible weapon 

Stiring stuff, it’s been a roller coaster but even if we lose at Wembley we have bonded with this team in an entirely different way. Did you hear the players singing the fans songs to each other. This really is the right stuff. .... one more dose at the big arch COYR

We're now a team that don't know when they're beat.

We're now a team that can unlock opposition defences, not just get shut out by a defensive wall.

We're younger, fitter and better suited to a long arduous season.

The wage bill is slimmer.

We've had better coaching this year to the point that you can see players have improved over the course of the season i.e. Bogle, Bennett, Wilson, Holmes, Tomori, Roos

We've got a manager who while is still learning, has a far more well rounded understanding of the game and is far more passionate about this club.

We've broken the end of season slide curse. We finished strongly no matter what happens now. The curse is lifted.

And the second most important one...we really really got under Leeds skin. They've been rattled all season by Frank Lampard's Derby County and we got the last laugh.

The most important...

We got to Wembley this time!

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We came 6th last season and we came 6th this season - not much difference apart from a hell of a lot of enjoyment! 

Graphite consists entirely of carbon. So does diamond.

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

It's possible to make diamonds out of pencils?

Yes.

You just need a pressure of around 50,000 atmospheres and an enormous amount of heat (around 3000K). Natural diamonds are essentially carbon crystals, formed within the mantle and ejected during volcanic eruptions. Industrial diamonds are manufactured using a technique which mimics the natural process.

Archived