Don’t Leave Games Early

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I think the important factor is that whatever you choose to do (as indeed is your right), that you do so whilst minimizing any disruption caused to those who want to do something different (as is THEIR right).

?

Yep, totally agree whilst both parties still take into account It is a football game not a night at the opera. 

10 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Exactly, so when people are saying ‘it’s nothing to do with anyone else’ it actually is when they stop you from watching what YOU have paid to watch. 

Not sure how someone can avoid blocking your view when they leave early to be fair unless they commando style crawl on their belly until they've got past your line of sight.

Just now, Inglorius said:

Not sure how someone can avoid blocking your view when they leave early to be fair unless they commando style crawl on their belly until they've got past your line of sight.

It is the people that decide to stop walking because something exciting is happening. It is always used to happen to me when I have sat in the North Stand.

If you are going early get gone quickly as you can and cause minimal disruption to the people who have stayed at their seats. 

57 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

No they can’t and it’s not so bad when there’s the odd one but I’ve been unlucky with serial offenders on my row. Bloke next to me gets up and down all the time, can’t hold all the beer and has multiple toilet trips, off early for a beer at half time so he can get out to smoke his roll up. Last season we had 2 youths who had us literally up and down for 90 minutes until finally we asked them to try and avoid it by buying a seat on the end of a row next season. They maybe did because we’ve not seen them this season 

Not sure how this really affects anyone else tbh. It’s their choice what they do with their ticket. I try to stay till the end  but I understand that some people have other commitments like work or family. Or some people work far distances during the week and can come back to derby only for weekends and want to spend as much time as possible with their families after the game. No-one knows anyone else’s personal circumstances and it’s not our position to judge anyone when we simply don’t know what’s going on in their lives. As long as they leave with minimal disturbance such as when no-one is on the attack, then I don’t see it as a problem. As for the backing team till the end game, how many times have we seen the players give up before the end of the whilstle before?

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not sure how this really affects anyone else tbh. It’s their choice what they do with their ticket. I try to stay till the end  but I understand that some people have other commitments like work or family. Or some people work far distances during the week and can come back to derby only for weekends and want to spend as much time as possible with their families after the game. No-one knows anyone else’s personal circumstances and it’s not our position to judge anyone when we simply don’t know what’s going on in their lives. As long as they leave with minimal disturbance such as when no-one is on the attack, then I don’t see it as a problem. As for the backing team till the end game, how many times have we seen the players give up before the end of the whilstle before?

Do you not think 1000s of fans leaving the game with over 10 mins left to play has a negative impact on the players? I doubt there's than many who have work commitments

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Do you not think 1000s of fans leaving the game with over 10 mins left to play has a negative impact on the players? I doubt there's than many who have work commitments

Are we the only club in the country who have fans who leave before the end or are there other clubs too?

28 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Are we the only club in the country who have fans who leave before the end or are there other clubs too?

I don’t care how many fans from other clubs leave early. I want the best for Derby and (to me at least) that means everyone who can to stay to the very end and support our club should do so

33 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

We're not the only club in the country who slags our own players off. In fact, every single professional club in the world does the same. It doesn't make it right.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Didn't on Monday tbf. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Didn't on Monday tbf. 

Fewer people left than usual. This was perhaps to do with the announcement that there would be 9 minutes added on and the subsequent roar of encouragement. Wilson said after the game that the fans played a big part (typical post-match interview fare, I know, but there's truth in it no doubt).

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can’t recall seeing 1000’s of people leaving. Just the normal amount. Remember someone commenting on how can you leave now? But not that many??

Archived