Don’t Leave Games Early

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I say it time and time again. You wouldn’t leave ten minutes before the end of a film would you? Can’t stand the sight of people streaming down the stairs when we’re still fighting. 

Today was absolutely glorious.

I would it were a crap film and would be far sooner then ten minutes before the end of it. 

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I bet every film is crap in your book if your view on football games is anything to go by?

Not at all was just that your analogy was poor comparing leaving a film early to leaving a football match early.

The only film I have left early is a midnight showing of The Exorcist in Birmingham New Street Odeon when the reel snapped and the projectionist couldn't repair.  

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Not at all was just that your analogy was poor comparing leaving a film early to leaving a football match early.

The only film I have left early is a midnight showing of The Exorcist in Birmingham New Street Odeon when the reel snapped and the projectionist couldn't repair.  

Why is it a poor analogy?

5 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I didn't draw the analogy of leaving a film early, the OP did. Take it up with them if you think the analogy is poor not me.

And your response said you’d leave if you weren’t enjoying it. I wouldn’t leave (or even stop watching on TV/RamsTV) if I wasn’t enjoying a Derby game. 

I say don’t bother watching the game on the box until injury time. I am in Portugal so no Rams TV but found a bar at 4.52 to see how we had done with my mate Jeff Stelling. In the next 10 mins I saw us score twice and Jack and Nuge scream a couple wide. Based on what l saw we smashed them. COYR!!!

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

And your response said you’d leave if you weren’t enjoying it. I wouldn’t leave (or even stop watching on TV/RamsTV) if I wasn’t enjoying a Derby game. 

I said I'd leave a film if I wasn't enjoying it not a football match. Not sure what's difficult to understand there. Please quote me where I've said I would and have left football matches early if I wasn't enjoying it.

Can't see it myself anywhere but happy for you to regurgitate it back ad verbatim where I did say that. Or you're just interpreting what I've said as you see fit.

25 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I say it time and time again. You wouldn’t leave ten minutes before the end of a film would you? Can’t stand the sight of people streaming down the stairs when we’re still fighting. 

Today was absolutely glorious.

I was supposed to start work at 5, left the ground after the final whistle, was half hour late for work. Walked in like

the wolf of wall street applause GIF

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

I was supposed to start work at 5, left the ground after the final whistle, was half hour late for work. Walked in like

the wolf of wall street applause GIF

To be fair, you’d be one of the few with a valid excuse to leave. I once left at half time against Bristol to get to work for 5 in Burton. We were 3-0 down at the time and we came back and drew 3-3!

It’s the thousands who leave to beat the traffic that I can’t be doing with.

I’ve never left before the final whistle of any game, but I don’t see the point in worrying about other people doing it. Maybe they’ve got valid reasons to rush off, maybe not. When something glorious like today happens, their the ones who miss out.

I leave early every single game. Normally on around 85mins, that's the difference between a 10 minute drive home or 1 hour. 9 times out of 10 I don't regret it. Today I did! But I'll still leave early next time aswel because I hate being sat in traffic. Don't let what other people are doing bother you. 

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I’ve never left before the final whistle of any game, but I don’t see the point in worrying about other people doing it. Maybe they’ve got valid reasons to rush off, maybe not. When something glorious like today happens, their the ones who miss out.

Yes; the scenes at the end were superb. Huge crescendo of noise and celebration. 

24 minutes ago, dave126 said:

I leave early every single game. Normally on around 85mins, that's the difference between a 10 minute drive home or 1 hour. 9 times out of 10 I don't regret it. Today I did! But I'll still leave early next time aswel because I hate being sat in traffic. Don't let what other people are doing bother you. 

Ever considered parking somewhere else, slightly further from the ground, to shorten your trip home? Or perhaps a post-match coffee nearby?

I’ll hold my hand up for the first time ever with an all square scoreline I left early 

work emergency granted, but with 5 to play and them doing more time wasting than Wigan did a couple of years back I was hardly forcing myself to stay til the end 

shame on me ?  lol

Archived